Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Lounge at Helsinki Airport any good ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Lounge at Helsinki Airport any good ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:11 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I can confirm that Citro will get an email with a very clear and easily printable receipt indicating Lounge Access non-schengen. So, just don't forget to print it if you decide to take the offer.
Thanks for the clarification
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Not the most thorough review, but you can see here a few pictures of the non-Schengen business class lounge.

http://first2board.com/pointssummary...hengen-lounge/

Also, as others have already confirmed to you, there are no limitations on what you can/cannot do. All the facilities of the lounge are at your service.

And no, paying the 39€ will not get you involved with any sort of annual subscription scheme. It is a one time payment, for a one time access.

Don't know if the pre-paid access has changed or not, but last year when flying to Dubai, took the same offer for my parents and it was NOT printed on their boarding passes, neither was it visible for the reception staff in their computers, so I had to log-in to their reservation to show that it has been pre-purchased. After that I left feedback to Finnair... So if I were you, I'd print out the automatically received receipt once you've purchased the access.

Others have also already confirmed that showers ARE individual shower cabins, where you can lock the doors, they are NOT public airport showers.
Thank you for that good information. Yes if i do go ahead with this payment choice i will print it out just after i have paid it just in case the page disappears and i end up with no email receipt or anything. Otherwise you can clearly say it is a scam if some how they can't find my payment at that. But anyhow im not going into negative details because i have to check this out and see how i go.

The promo is only small nothing much more words then they are offering me launge acceses for 39euros. But does not exactly say it is finnair lounge acceses. Or perhaps it does make no different. But this is only a promotion i see available only from helsinki airport as i am from there depart to HK next.

I wonder why the other tickets i have since im going to duplicate countries and destinations.. I be back to helsinki airport for a good 4 hour as i am from there depart to rovaniemi. So no promotion for lounge accesses. Only jus the one when my trip ends. Anyhow thank you and will let you people know how it went with the payment if i do decide to go ahead with the payment.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I can confirm that Citro will get an email with a very clear and easily printable receipt indicating Lounge Access non-schengen. So, just don't forget to print it if you decide to take the offer.
Will do thanks for that.

This is and will be the first time to use a place like that. All this time i kept thinking geez this must be for the good rich wise people on business class and business people. However im on economy and im not a business person.

So it is mainly the first focus on me for almost 5 hours at helsinki airport counts on comfortable/relaxation and something to eat without the people everywhere and feeling tired of waiting for the plane to arrive.

Anyhow will tell you people how it went. And i will see if i go ahead with it in the next few days or something rather. The promotion is always there. I just... didn't took much notice of it or interest... Because it just simply didn't provided enough information and so i was like i have no idea what it is about. But now that people have explain it to me what it is... Sounds like a nice thing to give it a go. Specially when i need a hot shower. Flying to hk is tiring been on the plane for hours on end
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Finnair only owns lounges in Helsinki airport, so they won't sell you access in any other airport. You can certainly buy lounge access in other airports too, but not through the Finnair website.

Also, I believe that Finnair only sells lounge access for certain quieter time of day. So it might just be that the timing of your other flights from Helsinki are during busy times.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:39 am

It isn't really a special promotion, it has been available for a while now (as I've said used it last year).

From Finnair site:

PURCHASE LOUNGE ACCESS IN ADVANCE

As a Finnair customer you can buy access to the Schengen-area and non-Schengen area Finnair lounges for a reduced price when your flight departs during off-peak hours.
• To get the discount, your flight must leave between 6 a.m. and 3 p.m. or 6.45 p.m. and 12 midnight (Finnair Lounge in non-Schengen-area), or between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. or 7 p.m. and 12 midnight (Finnair Lounge in Schengen-area).
• You can buy lounge access via Manage Booking or by contacting our customer service.
• Both lounges serve hot breakfast daily before 10 a.m. and warm meals from 3 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.; in the non-Schengen lounge also from 9 p.m. to 12 midnight.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Oh my god! Bikey types seem to be invading Finnair. Read this article in Iltalehti http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2015...74823_uu.shtml (and use Google translate if necessary).

Apparently some big, tattoed and rude men, wearing bikey vests, have been behaving badly on a Finnair flight from Germany to Finland.

I wonder if the bikeys use the lounge as well. On a plane, there's nowhere to go to avoid them, but in the lounge, you can of course always exit and go elsewhere. But if you pay €39 in advance and don't know if they are there, it's really not nice at all.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

It isn't really a special promotion, it has been available for a while now (as I've said used it last year).

From Finnair site:
Yep thanks steve_hun
To everyone too.

So from what ive understand now is there are 3 diferent type launges and the one i should be going to is: (the non-Schengen lounge)
- the Schengen lounge,
- the non-Schengen lounge
- the Premium lounge

So having said that. Are those 3 diferent types are all in the same area or are they all seaprated at diferent terminals? My terminal will be terminal 2.

I know exactly how to get to my gate (depending the gate number) From where i show my passport i enter T2 i walk straight down and then turn left/right i see gate 37/38 that's how all i know how to get there.

So now i will have to figuire out exactly how to get to the the non-Schengen lounge ones i show my passport to enter T2.

At T2 will there be big signs how to find this the non-Schengen lounge pr will it be called something different on the big signs obove the ceiling ? The pictures i see for the the non-Schengen lounge has signs against the door enter here for business class travelers and what not. But do i still enter there ? course that's how you enter to the the non-Schengen lounge i suppose. I could be wrong since im not a (business class passanger) theres a sign against the door something that say card holders/business class passnagers enter this way.. Or something like that. But i believe i still enter there to the desk correct ?

Last edited by citro; Sep 1, 2015 at 4:09 pm
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
All info regarding the Finnair lounges and their location is available via simple google searches. No need to ask 20 questions and expect FT members to do all the work for you. @:-)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=helsinki+lounges+finnair

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=helsinki+airpor...rminal+2+image
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
You evil, evil man!
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:38 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
The non-Schengen lounge and the Premium lounge share the same entrance between gates 36 and 37. You can't miss it. Staff will direct you to the right lounge at the entrance.

The Schengen lounge you don't need to care about. It's in a completely different location (above gate 22, IIRC).
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:05 am

And just for the sake of clarity, passing through immigration does not mark the "start" of Terminal 2. T2 starts somewhere around gate 16-19, but unless you pay extra special attention, it is not really obvious where one ends and the other one starts, as the terminals, especially on airside are properly joint together.

I believe that for your purposes, it is more useful to talk about Schengen and non-Schengen sides of the airport. Your lounge is on the non-Schengen side, exactly where Courmisch said it would be.

Originally Posted by Courmisch
The non-Schengen lounge and the Premium lounge share the same entrance between gates 36 and 37. You can't miss it. Staff will direct you to the right lounge at the entrance.
And just in case, here is a link to a terminal map...

Now just pay for the lounge access, print out the voucher/receipt you will receive and you should be all set, as by now you have all the info you might possibly need...
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:44 am
Suspended
Original Poster

And just for the sake of clarity, passing through immigration does not mark the "start" of Terminal 2. T2 starts somewhere around gate 16-19, but unless you pay extra special attention, it is not really obvious where one ends and the other one starts, as the terminals, especially on airside are properly joint together.

I believe that for your purposes, it is more useful to talk about Schengen and non-Schengen sides of the airport. Your lounge is on the non-Schengen side, exactly where Courmisch said it would be.

And just in case, here is a link to a terminal map...

Now just pay for the lounge access, print out the voucher/receipt you will receive and you should be all set, as by now you have all the info you might possibly need...

Yeah thanks guys and girls. I know it's the non-Schengen the one i should be going to.

There really hasn't much reviews for the non-Schengen online but then the pictures are more confusing because they all sort of mix with the other group lounges so you end up thinking which is what for non-Schengen. But all good. I ask the forum at least to get information from past and present passengers who tried the non-Schengen lounge at helsinki airport. So you learn something new everydays which is good thing.

So thanks people will get into this shortly. See how i go.

Last edited by citro; Sep 2, 2015 at 4:07 pm
Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Update: I just paid for it as i log into finnair.

There really wasn't a receipt at all on email.. All i got was nothing much more then just a quick receipt with the airline numbers and the time frames for each flights and then below it this:

ADDITIONAL SERVICES
Finnair Lounge(1 x 39.00 EUR):39.00 EUR
Total cost of additional services: 39 EUR
No refund for cancellation of chargeable services.

So shouldn't ive got a separate only receipt dedicated only to the finnair lounge ? so i can print it out and show them when i enter ? Or unless i have to show them my whole trip information with the time and all the plane numbers i be going and went to. As the only information receipt there is nothing more as that with what it shows.

Also it does not indicated exactly the actual: non-Schengen

As you can see above this words it's what i got. Nothing else.
So not sure if this is how it should be or am i suppose to receive a separate recipt only for the finnair lounge indicating i paid for it? The receipt i got looks like another of the same information of the plane numbers i be on the terminals i be at and the time frame.

The receipt i have which looks very familiar as i always update to change a new seat on the plane. I get this kind of similar receipt but just above the note say on the email:

A separate receipt is sent to your e-mail for all confirmed and paid travel extras. Please keep the receipt for the whole trip. We do not charge for services which could not be confirmed.If you have changed your booking, you will also receive a separate receipt to your email address.

So not sure exactly what that suppose to mean as there is only one email where all the finnair info and travel goes to one email address and not separated email(s)

And in there just shows like what ive said the aircraft number the time and terminals and destinations and below it just the additional lounge thing ive indicated. But nothing else.

Is this exactly the type of receipt i must show when i enter at a finnair lounge ? But take note it does not indicate exactly which type lounge and it doesn't say which terminal for that. Well that's what finnair website only provides me such information apparently.

Last edited by citro; Sep 2, 2015 at 5:51 pm
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Strange ive just loged in to my bank online and in there where it says Bending trasaction. Indicates the following:

******FIN Finnair SYDNEY $1.43

So.. let me get this straight now... I'm only just paying 1.43 dollars ? From what ive seen it said pay 39euros for lounge accesses. 39euros isn't 1.43cents australian dollars unless it is ? Maybe they just charge me as little as under 2.00 dollars. Which sounds great.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by citro
39euros isn't 1.43cents australian dollars unless it is ?
Maybe it really is? Everything is confusing with Finnair. Even currencies seem to be bouncing back and forth wildly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.