Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
My experience is a little different with the upgrades. If you book a "moderate" room (this would be an interior view room in San Francisco, or a garden view room in Barbados*) you will be upgraded for free to the standard Fairmont room unless the hotel is sold out. I believe it even states this on the reservation.

Other than that I think Presidents Circle anything will get you the nicest room the the category you booked over the none PC members. My second stay ever at a Fairmont was in Singapore and I had a nice view of Marina Bay, but an otherwise normal room. I was pretty impressed with the PC dedicated check in, free wifi and a nice view for someone who was just a "member".

The Fairmont bed is the same in all the rooms, and for most hotel stays, that is probably the most important thing for me, and the base rooms are nice. Maybe I am just easy to please.

* Glad that one worked out, or I would probably be divorced right now.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by qbrain
My experience is a little different with the upgrades. If you book a "moderate" room (this would be an interior view room in San Francisco, or a garden view room in Barbados*) you will be upgraded for free to the standard Fairmont room unless the hotel is sold out. I believe it even states this on the reservation.

Other than that I think Presidents Circle anything will get you the nicest room the the category you booked over the none PC members. My second stay ever at a Fairmont was in Singapore and I had a nice view of Marina Bay, but an otherwise normal room. I was pretty impressed with the PC dedicated check in, free wifi and a nice view for someone who was just a "member".

The Fairmont bed is the same in all the rooms, and for most hotel stays, that is probably the most important thing for me, and the base rooms are nice. Maybe I am just easy to please.

You´re right that at some hotels FPC members (even without status) get a comp. upgrade to the next room category (better view etc.), but it´s not a published benefit nor does it happen on a reliable basis, it´s more like "if occupancy is low, and you booked the lowest room category, and there are plenty of nicer rooms available, and the check-in agent is in a good mood, you may get the upgrade"

Btw, "President Circle" is the highest invitation-only status (above Plats) who get upgraded to the best suite available at check-in, you probably meant "President´s Club"
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by qbrain

Published on the reservation? Not sure about the FPC benefit you speak of.. ime there is no upgrade benefit for FPC members that is specifically published..

Perhaps its a third party reservation benefit.. where you get the next available room category upgrade at check-in.. those are definitely published.. i.e. Visa Luxury Hotel collection, FHR, virtuoso, perfect escapes.. are just a few examples of third party offering an upgrade at check-in.. and you don't have to be an FPC member.. although its free to sign up..
Old Aug 31, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: United 1P; Delta GM; SP Gold; AS MVPG; FPC Premier
I'll qualify for Premier level in the Presiden't club for the first time this year. Not having received the upgrade certs in year's past to see the Ts&Cs, I had two question about how they work:

1) For the suite upgrade certificate, is that good for an upgrade from a regular room to a suite, or is it only good for an upgrade from a suite to a higher category suite?

2) At properties that are all suites, like the Kea Lani, what upgrade certificate does one use, and if the answer to 1) is that the suite upgrade moves you from a regular room to a suite, what does the suite upgrade get you at the Kea Lani?

Thanks
Old Aug 31, 2011, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joshc40
I'll qualify for Premier level in the Presiden't club for the first time this year. Not having received the upgrade certs in year's past to see the Ts&Cs, I had two question about how they work:

1) For the suite upgrade certificate, is that good for an upgrade from a regular room to a suite, or is it only good for an upgrade from a suite to a higher category suite?

2) At properties that are all suites, like the Kea Lani, what upgrade certificate does one use, and if the answer to 1) is that the suite upgrade moves you from a regular room to a suite, what does the suite upgrade get you at the Kea Lani?

Thanks
1) A suite upgrade cert upgrades you from a Fairmont room (or any room category except a Moderate room) to the "designated suite category", which usually means you´ll be upgraded to a junior or one-bedroom suite, some hotels are more generous than others. See this thread for some examples: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairm...ade-certs.html

2) IIRC you can upgrade from a regular suite to a partial ocean view or ocean view suite using a suite upgrade cert, but I´m sure the regular visitors at that hotel can tell you the current policy (you should find some info in the Kea Lani master thread)
Old Aug 31, 2011, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by joshc40

Thanks
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
1) A suite upgrade cert upgrades you from a Fairmont room (or any room category except a Moderate room) to the "designated suite category", which usually means you´ll be upgraded to a junior or one-bedroom suite, some hotels are more generous than others. See this thread for some examples: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairm...ade-certs.html

2) IIRC you can upgrade from a regular suite to a partial ocean view or ocean view suite using a suite upgrade cert, but I´m sure the regular visitors at that hotel can tell you the current policy (you should find some info in the Kea Lani master thread)
1) IIRC you can book a Fairmont room or higher room category (introduced recently, since rules for suite upgrade was from Fairmont room category only) to the hotel's designated suite..

2) ime at Kea Lani you can use your suite upgrade from a Fairmont suite (and may be a higher category suite.. I'm sure you can use a higher category suite to upgrade) to a partial Ocean View Suite.. There was some talk with the hotel and reservations about using the suite upgrade for a higher category than Fairmont for upgrading purposes..

so a nice change from the stalwart, must book a Fairmont category to upgrade to designated hotel suite, from year's past
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:44 am

What is the Platinum kit? Is it going to be mailed home? What about the certificates online? Wouldn't they show up there?

TIA.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
What is the Platinum kit? Is it going to be mailed home? What about the certificates online? Wouldn't they show up there?

TIA.
Yes, you receive a package sent to your address on file containing your membership card, baggage tags, the paper certs, and usually a pretty nice item like a Moleskin. Free night and upgrade certs can usually be redeemed electronically (i.e. you tell FPC to redeem them and they "manually" redeem them), dining certs seem to cause some issues and it´s much easier to just hand the waiter the paper certs (which will show up as redeemed in your profile after a few weeks)
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy

TIA.
Short answer is.. you will receive both..

I find that the online account is helpful to determine what certificates have been or have not been used..

I've never doubled up trying to redeem online and using paper certs.. but I personally stay above board, and just track certs via the online system..
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: AC*75K, Amex Centurion, Marriott Platinum Elite, All Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Just received my package today. Got the moleskin book, a platinum card, 3 platinum luggage tags, and the certificates.

I will bring the certificates with me to Mayakoba to make sure they are used properly.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by makemoretospendmore
Just received my package today. Got the moleskin book, a platinum card, 3 platinum luggage tags, and the certificates.

I will bring the certificates with me to Mayakoba to make sure they are used properly.
Was just at Mayakoba and they redeemed my certificates electronically.. including suite certs, dining certs, mani/pedi certs, local food experience cert..
Old Sep 2, 2011, 5:27 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
And I'm at Mayakoba now, and they've asked for all certs in paper form - so experience may differ :-) Probably a wise call to have the paper certs on band just in case
Old Sep 2, 2011, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by politico_pk
And I'm at Mayakoba now, and they've asked for all certs in paper form - so experience may differ :-) Probably a wise call to have the paper certs on band just in case
They asked me the same.. I asked if they can redeem them electronically because that way I can keep track.. no problem.. that's how they keep track of cert usage anyways..

Note: You cannot use the paper certs after redeeming electronically. This has been told to me many times..
Old Sep 3, 2011, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
.... , dining certs, mani/pedi certs, local food experience cert..
These are the same 4 certs used for the various uses?
Old Sep 3, 2011, 5:04 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Actually, if I understand correctly, it's a combination of regular certs and passion benefit certs - ie, this weekend I used the passion certs local dining experience, pedi for my wife, $25 off massage for me, plus the regular certs suite upgrade and 4x$25 dining/spa credits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.