Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
We will be going this hotel for the first time at the end of this month - for 5 nights. We have bought into the AI package.

What restaurants can we use with our AI package? Which restaurants can we not use?

What alcoholic beverages can we use on the AI package? is there a list of such included beverages? What alcoholic beverages are not included?

if we go on a day sightseeing tour - is there any way we can use the AI package?

Is there any way we can use the AI package at the other 3 hotels of the complex, or use the AI package at any restaurants off-site?
We were there in March. My family and our friends and their family. Everything is included in AI with the exception of the little convenience store and the super premium items mentioned above.

Our issue was that the waiters at the restaurants didn't stop bringing the food! Both the waiters and the customers were helped by the AI plan, so our dinners with 9 of us were well over $1k every night (we usually left a little tip, but otherwise didn't ever reach into our wallets).

The drinks at the pool and restaurant were all very good, and strong. Since it isn't an all AI resort, I don't think the bartenders really cared that they were making strong drinks. Two twenty year old girls in our party certainly enjoyed it, lol.

If you go off-site, you simply lose out on that portion of AI. That includes the other restaurants as well. I will say that El Puerto is simply fantastic. We cancelled all of our other dinner reservations and simply went there the final three nights. Varied menu, outstanding dishes up and down. Couldn't believe how good the sushi was, even.

As I've said in this thread, I really enjoyed the AI plan at this resort.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Fairmont Mayakoba - Survey of off site experiences: attractions/shopping/restaurants?

We are staying for 5 nights at the Fairmont later this month - all inclusive package.

Two of the 3 of us have visited Cancun in the past (over 10 years ago) and also Merida (when we saw Chitchen Itza). The 2 of us have seen the Cancun hotel district, and the 2 main water (theme type) parks near Cancun; as well as Tulum.

We are interested in learning what people staying at the Fairmont do? Do they at all go off-site? if so, what do they do? How do they get to these places? - tour, rental car, community taxi, hotel taxi or limo?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
You will love it. The AI package is very nice.

That said, can't comment on outside activities as we did not leave the property the entire time. Have fun!
Old Feb 18, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I'm sure this has been answered here before. What does the suite upgrade book into and the Chase free night books into Fairmont Room correct?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by hiima
I'm sure this has been answered here before. What does the suite upgrade book into and the Chase free night books into Fairmont Room correct?
- free night cert: Fairmont room
- suite upgrade cert: Signature Casita Suite
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
What about room upgrade cert?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hiima
What about room upgrade cert?
Next room category (i.e. one category upgrade), excluding suites.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I have been upgraded to the suite - does it have its own private pool, as many suites at this resort do?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:57 pm

In terms of public transportation - do regular taxis from the outside come into 4 resort complex area and wait for customers?

What about the colectivo transportation?
Ado and Mayab buses?

What about these private transportation options (especially between airport and hotel)?:

Cancun Cct
Cancun Limo
Cancun Valet
Entertainment Plus
USA Transfers
DreamDays Limousine Transfers
Canada Transfers
Arcotransfer.
Airportbestprices
Cancun Airport Transportations
WISETRIP Private Transfer
Transfers-USA
Cancun Transportations
Playa Vacation Shuttle
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I have been upgraded to the suite - does it have its own private pool, as many suites at this resort do?
Afaik none of the Signature Casita Suites have a private pool.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:55 am

Does the resort have a business center/centre?

If so, are the use of the PCs complimentary, or there is a fee to use the computers?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:59 pm

FlyerGoldII, we used Cancun Valet from CUN to the Mayakoba and service was great. New van, good driver. $125 round trip.

There is a business center but we did not use it so I'm not sure on the use of computers. We had decent wifi throughout the property.

Signature Casita Suite, I believe is the full upper level of a Casita (vs. Signature Casita Room would be half the upper level). No private pool. I think only specialty suites and the beach ones get you that.

Last edited by curl; Feb 22, 2017 at 8:13 pm
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: Amex Plat CAN
Originally Posted by curl
.Signature Casita Suite, I believe is the full upper level of a Casita (vs. Signature Casita Room would be half the upper level).
From experience, the signature casita rooms can be lower level. The difference between deluxe and signature rooms is the view. Signature will have a canal view.

Whether a suite has a pool is explicitly called out in Fairmont's site, so there should be no ambiguity: http://m.fairmont.com/mayakoba-rivie...ations/suites/
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:49 pm

Does anyone have a room layout map of the property?

I know that closest to the lobby, the casitas start in the 100s, with 100s to 300s on the right side (if looking out from lobby). Then 400s-700s on the other (left) side and finally 800-900s by the beach.

Thinking about my room request for next visit and wish I would have taken better notes when we were there. 700s, while on the canal, are quite close to the construction (assuming that is still going on) at the residences. 500/600s seemed nice but you are very close to the restaurant, wondering if there's a potential noise situation there.

We were in 160 on last visit - on the outer edge, very quiet. Not really a water view except for a tiny creek behind us. It was too dark for me. The first room we got was on the main/big waterway in the center of the resort but too close where the carts were running for me (the highway, IMO). While they are electric, I still didn't want them right by my room.

Appreciate anyone's thoughts who has been there recently. (for ref, we have a Sig Casita)
Old Mar 6, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Hey FTers, not sure if this has been discussed here before. But how's the WiFi at the resort? Is it strong enough for work and corporate VPNs? And is it strong throughout or only in the lobby or in the suites, and etc?

Planning to work here and there out of the resort while the wifey enjoys Cancun.

Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.