Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Banff Springs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2010, 9:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Here is the one bedroom suite: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13671821-post68.html

P.S. Congrats!
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
If it is in February, I would say don't go for the Spa Suite - as one of the real benefits is being able to sit on the patio on a beautiful day.

I would suggest the one bedroom suite. I believe I have posted pictures of it somewhere in this thread. We stayed on the 3rd floor. It is HUGE, and very beautiful. Also, its great for entertaining family if you want to have a get together the night before - there is even a bar in the corner. I would say that is your best bet.
Is this the sunroom suite you're referring to on the third floor?
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:01 am

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
If it is in February, I would say don't go for the Spa Suite - as one of the real benefits is being able to sit on the patio on a beautiful day.

I would suggest the one bedroom suite. I believe I have posted pictures of it somewhere in this thread. We stayed on the 3rd floor. It is HUGE, and very beautiful. Also, its great for entertaining family if you want to have a get together the night before - there is even a bar in the corner. I would say that is your best bet.
Having stayed in the spa suite, I would agree that it is beeeeeuuutiful on a nice sunny day! And from your pics, would I be correct in saying the the 1-bedroom suite is larger than the spa suite (not including patio sqft)?
Old Oct 28, 2010, 3:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Is this the sunroom suite you're referring to on the third floor?
Nope. Normal one bedroom suite. It is in one of the corners of the hallways (I want to say it was 312 and 313 rooms. Which I am sure are the same all the way up the hotel. But don't quote me on the room # - It was a while ago. When you turn out of the elevator, and turn left, walk until you get to your first 45ish degree angle to the left, there are two doors on the right, one on each side of the angle. That is the one bedroom suite.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by anti_ice
Having stayed in the spa suite, I would agree that it is beeeeeuuutiful on a nice sunny day! And from your pics, would I be correct in saying the the 1-bedroom suite is larger than the spa suite (not including patio sqft)?
Yes, One bedroom suite is definitely bigger and better for entertaining in the winter. In the summer, you TRULY can not beat hosting 20 people on the balcony of 1051! What a great day we had.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
IMHO.. a regular one bedroom suite is listed as 650 sq ft with one bath. The spa suite would be larger, with the ensuite double sinks and almost the size of a Fairmont Room, and a second bathroom by the entrance for guests.. the spa suite in my opinion is larger than a typical one bedroom i.e. 441. For entertainment I would ask for (if not the spa suite) a specialty suite such as 941 or 942 (Stinson or Van Horne Suite respectively) at minimum. As for CFH's suite, if it is truly larger, then request/guarantee this room, otherwise you may be dissappointed. CFH's suite described sounds typically where signature rooms are located.. so it sounds like two signature rooms are butted up against one another and adds for a panoramic view.. I've seen that typical fireplace.. its more for show, and doesn't actually light up.. the one in the spa suite actually works and emits warmth with a nice mantle and rundle finishing.

Plus, the Spa Suite has a sitting room turret with a fireplace the size of the one in the spa with more stone featured than the one in the spa. If you want to make a good impression either spa suites 1051 or 1054 would work nicely. The architecture of the spa suite and the fabulous views of hotels and valleys are sure to impress. This is first hand experience as we stayed in both spa suites this year, and both are in very nice condition.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 9:08 pm

queen/queen suite

Has anybody stayed in the queen/queen suites? The price in late June is $639 a night and for that money they look quite small.

I am sad that the f & f rates won't be rolling then.

Any advice on any particular suites with two queen beds in them?

Much appreciated!
Old Oct 31, 2010, 12:46 pm
Suspended

One bedroom suites with queen/queen are rare.. Most nice rooms and specialty suites all have a King. Have you ever thought about using the pullout sofa and/or cott? How bout adjoining two Deluxe rooms or adjoining a Premier Deluxe/Deluxe for pretty much the same price?
Old Nov 1, 2010, 9:34 am

IF you have status, are a regular guest, or have a relationship at the hotel, they may convert a King suite two 2 doubles/queens for you. They have done it for me once.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 5:24 pm
Suspended

IF you have status, are a regular guest, or have a relationship at the hotel, they may convert a King suite two 2 doubles/queens for you. They have done it for me once.
Interesting CFH.. Upon arrival was the room ready?.. I ask because its hit and miss with the feather pillows.. we prefer hypoallergenic.. nowadays 50/50 chance that the hypoallergenic is set out.. used to be never.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 10:45 am

Interesting CFH.. Upon arrival was the room ready?.. I ask because its hit and miss with the feather pillows.. we prefer hypoallergenic.. nowadays 50/50 chance that the hypoallergenic is set out.. used to be never.
Yes, they just moved the King bed out, and had 2 double beds in the room instead. Great service!
Old Nov 15, 2010, 9:44 pm

Kokinos.. Got a two for one golf cert.. I'm not golfing this weekend to be with family and friends.. plus my wife and I have 4 massages between the two of us, and the ladies plan to hit the spa together a couple of times.. so you can have the golf cert, but I think the season's coming down to a close quite quickly. Birded my last hole at Heritage Pointe Thursday. Looks like all of the good courses are coming to a close this Monday.. so will have to do public courses here on out, if I need to get in a round or two.

We got a spa suite for the Thanksgiving Long Weekend.. 1051.. awesome.. both spa suites are awesome. Very relaxing. My wife prefers 1051 as she can see us in the hot pool outside.. came out waving a couple of times this morning through the turret window and on the patio.

My Doctor Buddy, wife and 5 kids are at the Springs this weekend as well.. they scored the Van Horne Suite 942.. Just did brunch together with them.. going to hang out with him after the massage in the spa.. then its the ladies turn to hit the spa together afterwards. Brunch again tomorrow.. they've got 4 massages between themselves as well..

Kokinos.. get on the Escape to Willowstream on your Nov stay.
2011 2nd annual Flyertalk Banff Springs Golf Day is already on my mind AM! Perhaps we can follow it with supper at the Banffshire private room!
I'm sure you had a great stay over TG and I sure did in 1054 a few months ago too.

Its probably bc of this hotel and the vancouver ones I'm plat. I will probably be staying here twice in the next month and look forward to what I call my Fairmont home base.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kokinos
2011 2nd annual Flyertalk Banff Springs Golf Day is already on my mind AM! Perhaps we can follow it with supper at the Banffshire private room!
I'm sure you had a great stay over TG and I sure did in 1054 a few months ago too.

Its probably bc of this hotel and the vancouver ones I'm plat. I will probably be staying here twice in the next month and look forward to what I call my Fairmont home base.
Fairmont base is understatement.. I've stayed at this hotel 30 times, and love it each time I visit.

1051 this last time was really nice this last time out..

My ears must be burning as I just posted that we should do Heritage Pointe next year.. Canada Day Long Weekend, Twilight 2 for 1, here we come.. I failed to check if there was a 2 for 1 cert in my packet over Thxgiving long weekend at the Springs.. Would have expired anyhow.. Two thumbs up for another round or two..
Old Nov 16, 2010, 8:50 am

Programs: AC SE
I would love to get in on the Fairmont Golf tourney. With say 8 people we could get a real tournament going and we would only need 4 plats to get the 2 4 1. I can contribute mine.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:29 am

Could be lots of fun! I only shoot in the low 90's, but if you'll have me, im there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.