Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sam Chui - Aviation & Travel

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Sam Chui - Aviation & Travel

This guy has a really fun YouTube channel, blog, and Instagram. I'm sure many of you have already seen his page or his photos on Instagram.

Here is his most recent video where he chartered a 727 private jet for a tour:

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/N178UA

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/samchui/

http://www.SamChui.com
Old May 19, 2017, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Big fan of his Instagram channel and loved how he covered his own Residence experience (in contrast with OMAAT's drunken Instagram stories).

He also is on FT (UAL777) and posts parts of his TR on the TR section (which is how I came across his stuff in the first place
Old May 19, 2017, 1:09 pm
Used to be 'Scooter'

Programs: Free Agent
Yep - I've been a huge fan of Sam since his days on airliners.net!
Old May 22, 2017, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

samchui.com/2017/05/20/flying-the-presidential-vip-boeing-727-private-jet/

he is the real deal >
Originally Posted by SANspotter
his days on airliners.net!
Farewell Iran Air B747-SP Tehran to Mumbai
videos include cockpit takeoff and landing. just wow. >
Originally Posted by UAL777
This was the last Boeing 747-SP in service in commercial airlines in the world
She has been discontinued from service since mid June this year
Video of the Flight from the cockpit
Iran Air Boeing 747-SP full GoPro Cockpit takeoff footage HD - YouTube
Iran Air Boeing 747-SP Tehran to Bombay full journey experience - YouTube
Is Air Koryo really 1 Star? Business Class Beijing to Pyongyang Tupolev-204
A trip to Sudan on Saudi Arabian Airlines Dubai To Khartoum via Jeddah B747-300
Kuwait Airways (Emir of Kuwait) B747-400 First Class to London

The Ultimate AvGeek lounge: Dubai Ahlan First Class Lounge

AAdvantage and Concord flight. Please help

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 22, 2017 at 7:42 pm
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seeing Sam Chui show up on BA when I woke up today (CEST - so not sure if noticed in US). Looks to just link out to his blog (rather than being hosted by BA). Hope it stays that way, he produces good content and would hate for it to go through the BA ringer and turn into credit card shilling.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Duke787
Seeing Sam Chui show up on BA when I woke up today (CEST - so not sure if noticed in US). Looks to just link out to his blog (rather than being hosted by BA). Hope it stays that way, he produces good content and would hate for it to go through the BA ringer and turn into credit card shilling.
You really don't understand how Boarding Area works, do you? It is just an aggregation/distribution platform. The URL/hosting is a separate decision the blogger makes, as is whether to use the Boarding Area ads.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
You really don't understand how Boarding Area works, do you? It is just an aggregation/distribution platform. The URL/hosting is a separate decision the blogger makes, as is whether to use the Boarding Area ads.
I do understand how Boarding Area works. I simply said he has good content and hope his content stays that way rather than going to through the BA ringer and turning out worse for it. He wouldn't be the first.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Duke787
I do understand how Boarding Area works. I simply said he has good content and hope his content stays that way rather than going to through the BA ringer and turning out worse for it. He wouldn't be the first.
What wringer are you talking about? Do you think there is some sort of initiation/hazing ritual where affiliate links are force fed to bloggers like foie gras geese?
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:30 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by sbm12
What wringer are you talking about? Do you think there is some sort of initiation/hazing ritual where affiliate links are force fed to bloggers like foie gras geese?
Your "foie gras" reference made me spit out my coffee.
sbm12 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know of any other aviation or avgeek themed sources online. Like airline insider videos or info and geeky stuff like engine sound videos etc. I know about airliners.net, but I often stumble upon fun things on YouTube and was wondering if we could start a thread on sharing these things.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does anyone know of any other aviation or avgeek themed sources online. Like airline insider videos or info and geeky stuff like engine sound videos etc. I know about airliners.net, but I often stumble upon fun things on YouTube and was wondering if we could start a thread on sharing these things.
Wendover Productions on YouTube has a lot of transportation-related videos that are informative.
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Very cool, same with Dantorp Aviation on YouTube.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just found a whole slew of "engine spool up" videos on YouTube. Hours of endless avgeek entertainment!!!
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: LH HON
Really like his content. He's actually putting a lot of effort into his reports, videos and pictures. All without credit card hawking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.