Wiki Posts
Search

The Ultimate AvGeek lounge: Dubai Ahlan First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Too Many
The Ultimate AvGeek lounge: Dubai Ahlan First Class Lounge

There are many lounges in the new Concourse D at Dubai International Airport. Concourse D is the latest concourse that is assigned for all airlines (non Emirates) that currently use Terminal 1 for check-in.

On my recent Air France First Class La Premiere flight, I have the opportunity to experience the new Ahlan First Class Lounge which is operated by Dubai International Hotels. This lounge is for airlines do not have their own dedicated lounge and some airlines First Class passengers to use.

Airlines currently use this lounge include Air France (F only), Singapore Airlines (F only), Kuwait Airways, Air Algerie and Syrian Air. It is not clear whether premium passengers of Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian and TAROM can use this lounge. They have their own dedicated lounge or via their alliance lounge at Concourse D.

Immediately after entry to the corridor, I was shocked to see such a large 4 screen panel Flightradar 24!

No doubt is every AvGeek's dream place to lounge around!

Beside the usual Flight Information screen, lounge user can monitor their flight in real time on these screens!

I have to say this is the coolest lounge feature I've ever seen! (of course coming from an Avgeek point's of view!)

Some of us should start to think about installing this at home!

Below are some highlight pictures from the new First Class Lounge:

To see the full review:
http://samchui.com/2016/09/11/review...e-concourse-d/

I only managed to stay in the lounge for 1 hour due to my flight timing but I could easily staying for 3-4 hours in this beautiful brand new lounge.

The food is excellent and all freshly prepared, a step ahead of the usual lounge pre-made buffet affair. The service is very attentive and every need is taken care of. I am very impressed of those giant FlightRadar 24 screens at the corridor. What a cool feature and thought to install them! This lounge is really every Avgeek's ultimate lounge!

There is also a spa area (pay spa) that I didn't get to visit due to short of time.

In my opinion, this lounge is a huge step above the old Dubai International First Class lounge in Concourse C.

Thanks for reading.

Sam Chui

To see the full review with more details and images:

http://samchui.com/2016/09/11/review...e-concourse-d/
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:58 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Great review, UAL777, thanks a lot for sharing.
This lounge looks very attractive indeed.
You mention that certain Amex cardholders also have access to the lounge. I'm guessing Plat or is it Cent only?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Thanks for your report! The FlightRadar24 screen makes it to a nerd-lounge😉
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:13 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

wow that looks amazing! thanks for sharing!

FDW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.