Go Back   > >
    Hide Wikipost
Old May 21, 16, 4:03 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Chicago Seminars October 14-16th, 2016
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: thehowieee
Wiki Link
* Event Registration: http://chicagoseminars2016.eventbrite.com - lunch and daily snacks are included in registration (breakfast is NOT included in registration ... see below)
* Hotel registration is live in post # 2. Breakfast for 1 is included in room rate if booked using seminar code.
* Schedule of weekend events is in post #3.
* Current event sponsors in post #4 (and email provided if someone is interested in sponsoring)
* Some info re: charity raffle is in post #5.
* Request for volunteers is in post #6. (volunteers get a thanks & handshake - and an apple).
* A full list of the current speakers is in post #7
Print Wikipost

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 10, 17, 10:11 pm   #301
  
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehowieee View Post
Thank you
Any idea of approx when the registration links might be posted please?
znke252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 17, 10:14 pm   #302
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SAV
Programs: DL PM, SPG PLT
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by znke252 View Post
Thanks...now I just have to remember to check back for when the registration links are posted.
If you've attended a previous seminar you'll receive an email when it goes live
thehowieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 17, 9:17 am   #303
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2017 FT Awards
  
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimePlatinum
Posts: 56,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by znke252 View Post
Thanks...now I just have to remember to check back for when the registration links are posted.
A new thread for 2017 will get started shortly before it goes live that will have the info (or that's the way Howie's done it in the past).

BTW - we donated $16,384 to 3 great charities, from the charity raffle & left-over funds after bills were paid for the 2016 event.

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 17, 2:01 pm   #304
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
  
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 150km from MAN
Programs: LH SEN*, HH Gold
Posts: 23,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
BTW - we donated $16,384 to 3 great charities, from the charity raffle & left-over funds after bills were paid for the 2016 event.
That's an amazing achievement. Well done!
NewbieRunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 17, 8:15 pm   #305
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2017 FT Awards
  
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimePlatinum
Posts: 56,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
That's an amazing achievement. Well done!
Thanks. I'm pretty proud! I think prior to this year we raised $60K for 3 charities (charities vary each year) during the last 5 years, so we have a good track record.

That's a lot of me running around yelling ge-e-e-e-t your charity raffle tickets!! And the funds have increased since we started accepting credit cards for the raffle tickets. Something about travel folk needing to hit their spend for new credit cards or just wanting miles etc.

Also kudos to the hotels, airlines, attendees, sponsors for donating prizes & to the attendees. We also started 2 years ago that you don't have to be present to win, which makes more work for me in terms of shipping prizes or coordinating stuff between donors & winners, but it's worth it due to funds raised.

And great kudos to Howie, for donating any funds left over after the bills are paid to the charities.

This is literally a volunteer run event, & at the end of it there is a zero balance. No funds go to Howie, me (SkiAdcock), or others. In fact Howie donates the IHG meeting planner points (approximately 145K) each year as the grand prize for the charity raffle.

This is a once/year event run by volunteers. It's not at the most spiffy hotel in a really cool area, but rates are fair & the hotel does an excellent job/ are great.

PS - one of these days I'm actually going to sit in on a session. Normally I'm so busy w/ selling the raffle tickets that I don't have time. The only session I'm involved w/ is Sunday after the drawing when they do the hotel sessions, and I moderate the Marriott session.

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 8:36 am   #306
  
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Posts: 7,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
Thanks. I'm pretty proud! I think prior to this year we raised $60K for 3 charities (charities vary each year) during the last 5 years, so we have a good track record.

That's a lot of me running around yelling ge-e-e-e-t your charity raffle tickets!! And the funds have increased since we started accepting credit cards for the raffle tickets. Something about travel folk needing to hit their spend for new credit cards or just wanting miles etc.

Also kudos to the hotels, airlines, attendees, sponsors for donating prizes & to the attendees. We also started 2 years ago that you don't have to be present to win, which makes more work for me in terms of shipping prizes or coordinating stuff between donors & winners, but it's worth it due to funds raised.

And great kudos to Howie, for donating any funds left over after the bills are paid to the charities.

This is literally a volunteer run event, & at the end of it there is a zero balance. No funds go to Howie, me (SkiAdcock), or others. In fact Howie donates the IHG meeting planner points (approximately 145K) each year as the grand prize for the charity raffle.

This is a once/year event run by volunteers. It's not at the most spiffy hotel in a really cool area, but rates are fair & the hotel does an excellent job/ are great.

PS - one of these days I'm actually going to sit in on a session. Normally I'm so busy w/ selling the raffle tickets that I don't have time. The only session I'm involved w/ is Sunday after the drawing when they do the hotel sessions, and I moderate the Marriott session.

Cheers.
SkiAdcock your post should have been in BOLD!
I have seen you in action for a few years now, hats off dear lady.
HMPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top