Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Registration is live.

If you've been to a previous event expect something very similar. If you haven't been before, check out the 2014 Thread

For those who might be new to Flyertalk. If you're interested in meeting other FTers in smaller groups in different locations throughout the year, FT has a forum called "CommunityBuzz".

This is where people will post get-togethers (often called "DOs"), whether it be something as simple as meeting up for lunch or dinner or as organized as activities over a few days in places like London, Australia, Austin, Alaska, etc. It's a great way to meet other travel-oriented folk, but not in academic or large setting like the seminar event.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/

For those that are new to Flyertalk & want to keep current with what's happening with the Chicago Seminar Event, in every thread there is a link near the top of the thread that says "Thread Tools". On the drop-down menu is an option to "Subscribe to this Thread". When you subscribe to the thread there's also a drop-down menu where she say how often you want to receive notification of updates to the thread (never, as it happens, weekly, etc) & then you get email notifications of posts to the thread in the timelines you've indicated.

Hotel Shuttle Info

The shuttle leaves the hotel to go to ORD on the hour. It goes from ORD to the hotel on the half hour. You pick it up at ORD at the hotel/shuttle bus stop section @ door #2

Changing Your Registered Sessions:
  1. Log into your Eventbrite account
  2. Choose "My Tickets" from the dropdown menu by your name at the top of the page
  3. Click "Manage Order" for Chicago Seminars 2015
  4. Click "edit" on the right side of the screen
  5. Make changes to your seminar choices
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:42 pm

Chicago Oct 2015

Looking forward to it! Couldn't go at the last minute last year due to some family stuff. Really want to make it this year!

Cate!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:34 am

When does registration open?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: LatinPass MM, HH Diamond, NW Platinum, Delta DM MM, SPG
Do I qualify for the Senior Veteran auto registration yet?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by TexasYankee
Do I qualify for the Senior Veteran auto registration yet?
LOL my dyslexic mind saw:

"Señor Vegetarian"

You are no vegetarian.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, SPG Gold,Hilton Gold, Southwest Companion Pass
Looking forward to attending!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 11:11 am
pkk

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DIA, Wyndham DIA, IHG Spire AMB
Awesome! Can't wait!!
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
In for notifications on registration
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: United platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Explorist, IHG plat
Looking forward to attending again too! Assuming HI in Elk Grove again, or will we be switching it up?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
same location
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
This sounds like it could be interesting. I am pretty new to FT and I live in Chicago. Does the shuttle from holiday inn O'Hare verify if you are staying there before you get on? I don't have a car and the blue line takes me about a block or 2 from that Holiday inn.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pwd847
This sounds like it could be interesting. I am pretty new to FT and I live in Chicago. Does the shuttle from holiday inn O'Hare verify if you are staying there before you get on? I don't have a car and the blue line takes me about a block or 2 from that Holiday inn.
nope, you can get on and don't need to stay there.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG, Marriott
The Busse Holiday Inn hasn't had any vacancies since at least the first week of March ��Would someone please specify which of the HI's at O'Hare is the "overflow" one with the shuttle. I think it's the Rosemont one on W. Higgins rd, but I'm not sure. Thanks
Old Mar 26, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
All the rooms are blocked for that weekend until Rick or Howie announce that they are available for booking and give out the booking code (I think they will open it up next month).
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rubesl
All the rooms are blocked for that weekend until Rick or Howie announce that they are available for booking and give out the booking code (I think they will open it up next month).
registration will open up next month. Don't harass Rick with when it will open because he's only going to email me and ask when is registration going to open. looking like 2nd full week of april it'll open up.

past attendees will be given a heads up and of course it'll be posted here as well.

Howie
Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
I'm considering attending this. I've read much of the thread about last year's event. Can I expect to get some sort of additional information that I wouldn't already get from reading all the great blogs authored by the presenters?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.