Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
I did not make any abusive comment or use any poor language, not ever. So sad to see people editing the comment section of their blog to insure its as one-sided as possible. Hearing everyone's comments whether they agree or disagree is always fun.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I'm not even surprised. Many bloggers have a very child-like mentality when it comes to defending their tricks and loopholes for frequent flyer status.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by aero0729
... I posted some comments on Rene's blog that obvious disagree with Rene. I guess since he is so passionate about getting his free Diamond status he deleted my comments... Does this happen to anyone else? I think in a good comment section there is back and forth and forums and BLOGs are useless without different opinions. I know many people who fly Delta read it.. has this happened to anyone else?
Oh yes.

The deletion is done proudly because everyone who disagrees is a very HATEful person (hurts conversions)
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aero0729
I did not make any abusive comment or use any poor language, not ever. So sad to see people editing the comment section of their blog to insure its as one-sided as possible. Hearing everyone's comments whether they agree or disagree is always fun.
Any dissent from the Dear Blogger is met with censorship. There is no place for independent thought - can't have the readers thinking anything different from the company line.

I'd recommend sticking to FT or finding a different blog where your input is appreciated instead of treated like a hostile act.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:09 am

I always found Rene to be helpful and informative on Twitter. However, when I questioned/challenged him on the rumored upcoming DM/Amex change, I quickly learned differing opinions aren't acceptable. Oh well!

I appreciate FlyerTalk, especially the forums. Every one in a great while I can actually help someone, but everyday I learn a trick, a tool or some insights into my travel.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Those who support HATE sites have no business following me on twitter.
Thanks for the heads up that you stalk people and try to control what others are reading.

I will NEVER look at your blog again, EVER.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Thanks for the heads up that you stalk people and try to control what others are reading.

I will NEVER look at your blog again, EVER.
The only time he gets page views from me is when I accidentally misclick.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
The only time he gets page views from me is when I accidentally misclick.
I shed a tear myself when I accidentally clicked on some of those blogs...
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Page views are useless when you have Ad block on Zero chance im clicking any of the links either.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
Page views are useless when you have Ad block on Zero chance im clicking any of the links either.
Not talking about clicking on ads, Ad block etc.

The actual visit to the BA blogs counts as a page view. The whole business model of BA depends on page views. So, you see content lately that apparently drives page views, such as farting incidents, numerous posts on Dr. Tao and Delta sandwich reviews, sad!
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by MS02113

Rene fancies himself an "insider," if not the foremost "expert" on Delta, and therefore won't accept any dissension from his narrative. He's often flat out wrong about the facts, but when politely corrected, he censors the comment.
Sure the PR people make him feel important and in the loop. But the reality is that the executives I know inside Delta read that blog for amusement at how misinformed and out of touch his blog (and posts on FT) are.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Sure the PR people make him feel important and in the loop. But the reality is that the executives I know inside Delta read that blog for amusement at how misinformed and out of touch his blog (and posts on FT) are.
Rene's views and opinions may actually be worth less than you pay for. But I don't have any greater a problem with his shilling, attempts to ingratiate himself, or poor quality content than I do with 90% of the rest of Boarding Area. What is disturbing is his nastiness, response to constructive criticism, and hypocrisy. If Boarding Area had any standards whatsoever, they would put a stop to his outrageous conduct. But since quantity is all that matters to Randy , it will not.
nineworldseries likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:38 am

Why is this garbage being discussed here? Just stop, please. This guy loves any noise,
just stop adding to this stupid threat.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
Why is this garbage being discussed here? Just stop, please. This guy loves any noise, just stop adding to this stupid threat.
Always remember the HATE is strong here on the BBB.

Also, many feel the need to repeat the same ridiculousness over and over again.

I do agree with that last part! ^
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Always remember the HATE is strong here on the BBB.

Also, many feel the need to repeat the same ridiculousness over and over again.

I do agree with that last part! ^
I agree; the above poster is very hateful. For some, the small amount of power that a poorly written blog conveys provides an outlet for them to share their hate and anger at the world.

Just imagine the epigraph on the tombstone: "He ranted at people who disagreed with him on his poorly written blog."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.