Reload this Page >

BA Bloggers Starting to Run Out of Content

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Wow, another outburst by Delta Points who never ceases to ...amaze me

Check where the Amex credit card links go on his page.

The content in the whole blogosphere has deteriorated to a degree that is beyond ridiculous imho. It is just sad.

I have a Blog Reviews tab in my page if you are interested to read what blogs I love, like and ignore (should be despise but it was a little too strong I was told).

Enjoy your weekend, turn off your computers and grill some ribs!
Old May 25, 2014, 9:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by cruisr
+1. Karma's a ...... Cutting and pasting a list of nominees for a blogging award to eliminate TravelBloggerBuzz was not cool either.
All the other ones on that list ARE travel bloggers. Tabloid Buzzard has never had one word of original content thus not a travel blogger.

Unless you count:

CLICK MY AMAZON LINK<------------!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In that case we have MILLIONS of words of original content.
Old May 25, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Delta Points
All the other ones on that list ARE travel bloggers. Tabloid Buzzard has never had one word of original content thus not a travel blogger.

Unless you count:

Hahaha... Tbb is about 100 times more original then deltapoints.com

There is very little original about mileage run fares lifted from FT, weather reports, or repeated posts about the arrival card
Old May 25, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite

Unless you count:

"has never had one word of original content" is patently false for anyone who has actually read TBB. It's fine if you don't like or disagree with TBB but at least make your criticism accurate and fair. This isn't fifth grade recess.

Speaking of lack of original content, VFTW takes two posts today to say essentially the same thing about UA's award routing rule changes.
Old May 25, 2014, 12:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 84fiero
...about UA's award routing rule changes.
None of which is actually confirmed yet.
Old May 25, 2014, 12:49 pm
Suspended

It is so cute to see the Angry's defending their her0 (click my Amazon LINK)

"has never had one word of original content" is patently false for anyone who has actually read TBB. It's fine if you don't like or disagree with TBB but at least make your criticism accurate and fair.
OK I will bite (click my AMAZON link - lol).

So tell me what deal did TBB break? None? OK
What program did he teach how to use? None? OK
What new news did he tell about? None? OK
What program does he help others with? None? OK
What MS trick has he instructed readers on? None? OK
(click my AMAZON link) OK I agree there he does do that.

So as long as we are talking AMAZON links he has original content. If not, nothing false about it. Nothing new, nothing breaking, nothing teaching - just bashing others.
Old May 25, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, UA Silver, PC Plat

So as long as we are talking AMAZON links he has original content. If not, nothing false about it. Nothing new, nothing breaking, nothing teaching - just bashing others.
If you are just going to steal ingy's insult at least get it right... It's "angries". An apostrophe is only used for possessive.

I can help clean up the grammar on deltapoints.com if you want - feel free to ask!
Old May 25, 2014, 1:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jBrodes
If you are just going to steal ingy's insult at least get it right... It's "angries". An apostrophe is only used for possessive.

I can help clean up the grammar on deltapoints.com if you want - feel free to ask!
My well know Dyslexia is part of the blogs charm. As my 2 million pageviews this year shows (on target to crush that an more).

Plus I don't hire Angry's!
Old May 25, 2014, 3:00 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU

Speaking of lack of original content, VFTW takes two posts today to say essentially the same thing about UA's award routing rule changes.
weird, right? And he must know his first post was 'off' given how defensive he was in his comments...and then did a whole second post of defensiveness.
Old May 25, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by sbm12
None of which is actually confirmed yet.
Why let a pesky thing like facts get in the way?!

Ah, a sure sign of poor argument, redefining your original question after the fact. You claimed he had no original content without defining any particulars.

You do realize that a blog which reviews and comments on other blogs has a different purpose and content, right? TBB doesn't purport to do the things you criticize him for not doing so I fail to understand your point above.

And I agree with jBrodes, at least be grammatically correct in your epithets..and other writing for that matter. It really would help your blog to not appear as though it were written by a 14 year old girl on Snapchat.

Angry's: singular possessive
Angries: plural
Angries': plural possessive

In today's post, you titled it "Point value is simply what it is worth to you (not what other's think it is)" "other's" is singular possessive; you wanted to write "others" There's my free constructive feedback for your blog today.

Originally Posted by kokonutz
weird, right? And he must know his first post was 'off' given how defensive he was in his comments...and then did a whole second post of defensiveness.
For a guy who's been doing this so long and supposedly so firm in his expertise, he sure gets defensive easily...

Last edited by 84fiero; May 25, 2014 at 3:59 pm
Old May 26, 2014, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Ex Plat, DL Dropout from Skymiles 2015

Anyone see delta points' amazingly insightful piece today? A whole article on how Woodford Reserve is going from glass bottles to plastic! Hahaha my favorite yet. I don't know how much more useless the posts can get.. And I feel bad giving him any clicks at all... But it's getting to the point where I go to his page to get my daily laugh in.
Old May 26, 2014, 6:14 pm
jmw

There is content. But it's not content that is good to expose when you are trying to push credit cards. The bloggers could have covered content that is not helpful to pushing credit cards like the Air China cancellations for United awards, but only one blogger chose to cover it... and it was pretty poor. That content is relevant to readers with points earned from credit cards, but nobody covered it.
Old May 26, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: HHonors
Unhappy

They are not running out of all content. Just good content. All the bloggers seem to be driven by a different target (credit card earnings, minimum weekly activity) and that is all they seem to care about. And, judging by comments section on some of these blogs, they still have some readership to keep them (and the referrals) going.
Old May 26, 2014, 10:50 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Hi,

click my links

I just tested the speed of the Chase UR transfers to Singapore Airlines. It is pretty fast, definitely not instant. May take less than 24 hours. Maybe two days in a weekend. What? You are saying I tested this again? So what? I plan to test it every day for YOU.

click my links

Old May 26, 2014, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by 100orBust
That's why I'm a big believer in karma- DP chose to be unethical via stealing deals, alter comments to praise himself, and treat others pretty poorly. Now it's come back to bite him!

DP, why don't you have another amazingly insightful post about how you use amenity kit socks to polish your shoes....
^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.