Book awards on EY partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 7:54 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by jimbosmith300
hah!
Hi there,

Thank you for lettings us know.

We are in touch with the relevant team and they will look into your enquiries. We do really apologize for the inconvenience caused by our end.

Thank you for your patience again. *JS
Old May 28, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
The movie Brazil is described as "set in a consumer-driven dystopian world in which there is an over-reliance on poorly maintained (and rather whimsical) machines." I worry that my engagement with EY results in me being sucked ever closer to that. If it is true that the technical mechanism to book partner awards is (and has been for some time) broken and yet EY management has not communicated that to the agents we speak with, that would explain the fact that partner awards are like unicorns.

I have never seen a report of a partner award issued, although many people have come here and asked about some of the seemingly good valued options, only to find no award space, ever.

Originally Posted by edy4eva
I think the issue is technical combined with misinformed agents. So techies aren't telling agents that the booking system is broken and returns no results, agents look up availability, see none, then assume there really aren't seats.

This is the result of transiting to Sabre a couple years ago. VA did the same and have the exact same issues.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi there,

Thank you for lettings us know.

We are in touch with the relevant team and they will look into your enquiries. We do really apologize for the inconvenience caused by our end.

Thank you for your patience again. *JS
Any update? Is it broken?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 1:11 pm

Has anyone on FT booked (or heard tell of a booking for) a partner award with EY miles in the last 6 months? Are there any reports anywhere or can we assume the worst which is that our miles can only be used on EY flights?

I am not speaking of limited availability here, but of the possibility that it is currently a technical impossibility for the agents to book a partner award.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by stephem
Has anyone on FT booked (or heard tell of a booking for) a partner award with EY miles in the last 6 months? Are there any reports anywhere or can we assume the worst which is that our miles can only be used on EY flights?

I am not speaking of limited availability here, but of the possibility that it is currently a technical impossibility for the agents to book a partner award.
I did : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...good-luck.html
Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:47 am

Hi stephem, If you need a help, kindly send the details via a private message and we will be happy to help you. *ES
Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by schoppy
Hi schoppy, it doesn't sound good! Do you still need a help? Let us know via private message with your contact details. *ES
Old Jun 5, 2015, 4:17 am

So after sending a message to the CEO through Resolver.co.uk website this morning I got a call back from the supervisor of the Mancherster call centre who confirmed for me that there is an issue with booking SN and a number of airlines and a manual request has to be issued. He has told me that if I want to book anything I can go directly to him and he will sort it. I mentioned to him what about all the other people who are struggling and aren't being told about this issue and he didn't really have an answer.

So I guess all I can suggest is that if you want to book something and call centre staff don't have a clue email the CEO and you will get some action
Old Jun 5, 2015, 5:30 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond

I have eventually, grabbed a J return award on AB. The issue is when you call EY, they search availability on their system which shows NIL as EY doesn't operate that segment but what the agent needs to do is check on the partner airline system and go from there. Hang up and keep trying.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 7:34 am

This is priceless. Thanks for sharing.

So after sending a message to the CEO through Resolver.co.uk website this morning I got a call back from the supervisor of the Mancherster call centre who confirmed for me that there is an issue with booking SN and a number of airlines and a manual request has to be issued. He has told me that if I want to book anything I can go directly to him and he will sort it. I mentioned to him what about all the other people who are struggling and aren't being told about this issue and he didn't really have an answer.

So I guess all I can suggest is that if you want to book something and call centre staff don't have a clue email the CEO and you will get some action
Old Jun 9, 2015, 4:45 am

Hi all!

We are currently trying to find out about this issue, since we have heard about this several times on the forum now. Once we know what's going on, we will update you accordingly. Thank you all for raising this issue, as sometimes, this is the only way we can find out about technical issues.

So, thank you all for your lively comments and (for us) very valuable feedback.

Have a good one!

*JP
Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Thank you all for raising this issue, as sometimes, this is the only way we can find out about technical issues.
Seriously? The only way??? The fact that not a single partner award has been booked is not the giveaway?

Everytime you open your mouth, you just shove your foot deeper inside.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I guess Etihad Guest call centre staff - when seeing that there is no availability, ever, when asked to book partner awards - either don't find it strange, or don't care, or have no way of flagging the issue.

How bizarre that the frequent flyer programme acknowledges that the only way it can get intel on the failings of said programme is by reading a third-party website. That's the most damning self-appraisal I have ever seen. It seems that not a single Etihad Guest staff member can recognise - or worse, perhaps, be bothered about - failures in their systems.

You could not make this stuff up! If it did not affect their "guests", it would be hilarious!

Omnishambles was coined for a different purpose. But it seems to fit Etihad Guest perfectly.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:12 am

Ignoring all the issues at the minute...is it possible to redeem Etihad miles for US Airways flights or is only American flights are allowed?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by benjyyy
Ignoring all the issues at the minute...is it possible to redeem Etihad miles for US Airways flights or is only American flights are allowed?
You'll be extremely lucky to redeem even on AA flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.