Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates employees pouring champagne from used glasses back into bottles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates employees pouring champagne from used glasses back into bottles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Worcester
They are lucky capital punishment has been done away with in France.
Secrets of the hospitality business part 2 (the first being that the glasswear makes the bubbles look nice not the quality of drink):

Any high volume bar/restaurant will have a gas refill system to save on wastage where air is extracted from a bottle and CO2 put in - champagne is done with pressurised stoppers.

Those systems are powered by Sodastream gas bottles.

(Coravin uses Argon but it's the same principle)

And no, no-one can tell the difference, including those customers who purport to be experts - you can nudge people's perception by using good glasswear with micro-imperfections creating a lot of pearling: most people equate a good number of bubbles with good champagne (people literally think it tastes better).

Remember with food and beverage, perception - presentation - is reality
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: SPG Ambassador, Delta Diamond Medallion, Emirates Skywards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Just what I needed to know before my first J experience on EK!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by GlassMan36
Just what I needed to know before my first J experience on EK!
EK don't refil champagne and it all gets thrown away at the end of the flight (if there is any left)
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:06 pm

Programs: Qantas FF, Korean Air, Emirates FF, Mariott, IHG, Hilton
I have mixed feelings regarding this. On one hand, if it's unused there's not much of an issue - at least they're not wasting? On another hand, Emirates could afford to be a little wasteful at the risk of unhygienic germs - regardless if used or unused.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:07 pm

I also feel as though their service over the last year has gone down significantly.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by FlyWithKaeMarie
I also feel as though their service over the last year has gone down significantly.
I have only flown Emirates a couple of times(both times from UK to Tokyo via Dubai). Their business class was not that impressive to me. The seats are great, but the flight attendants seemed more interested in making videos that they shared with friends.(just "google emirates flight attendants life" on youtube... caution, many are borderline NSFW as they feature the FAs in really skimpy bikinis that will put women on Miami beach to shame... so skimpy, in fact, that YouTube require log-in to view them)
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:38 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by WalterSFO
more interested in making videos that they shared with friends.(just "google emirates flight attendants life" on youtube... caution, many are borderline NSFW as they feature the FAs in really skimpy bikinis that will put women on Miami beach to shame... so skimpy, in fact, that YouTube require log-in to view them)
Wow, that's terrible. Flight attendants enjoying themselves in their spare time!

Whatever next?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:45 am

Wait, were they making videos on board during work?

Firing offence and unacceptable.

Or was the fact that these videos exist on YouTube detailing activities happening outside of work somehow detracting from the in-flight experience

genuinely confused.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:35 pm

I'm a little confused myself lol but I was mostly talking about their economy service. From DXB > SYD just in March I experienced some terrible service.

I think the only good part was when I requested to be moved from the family of literally 10 because of the horrid cough I was developing - mainly because I was sick of their dirty looks.

I guess if they want to have fun - go for your life, but don't be unprofessional. I myself have personally never witnessed this though.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:31 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by FlyWithKaeMarie
I'm a little confused myself lol but I was mostly talking about their economy service. From DXB > SYD just in March I experienced some terrible service.

I think the only good part was when I requested to be moved from the family of literally 10 because of the horrid cough I was developing - mainly because I was sick of their dirty looks.

I guess if they want to have fun - go for your life, but don't be unprofessional. I myself have personally never witnessed this though.
You were developing a cough due to dirty looks from FAs?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
You were developing a cough due to dirty looks from FAs?

HAHA! No the large family I was seated with were giving me dirty looks. The flight from BKK to SYD was quite empty anyway so after 14 hours stuck with me from DXB to BKK (where I made sure to cocoon myself under the blanket - I guess suffocating was the most courteous thing I can do for this family until BKK) I asked the FAs if I could be moved to a more secluded part of the plane which wasn't very hard on that following leg considering it was empty

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.