Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:32 am
jy3

How many miles can I get from the route KIX-DXB on EK with class W?

How many miles can I get from the route KIX-DXB on EK with class W?
Or is it zero?

I also have this ticket from DXB-OTP with FZ with class E, is there anything I can do with this?
Or is it close to nothing?

I don't have any miles with Skywards and I barely take EK since I mostly travel through other routes, so I was going to save these miles to either Korean air or Japan air but it seems like they don't accept class W..

Any advice for me? Thank you!
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
The actual fare bucket (T, M, W, etc) is not that relevant as you need to know if it is an EK saver, flex or flex plus. Then you can look it up on the Skywards calculator: https://www.emirates.com/account/za/...alculator.aspx
Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:37 am

Hey all!
Im not sure, whether this is the correct Thread, but as i could not find any better suited, i am asking my Question in here..

So, is there any possibility getting 250 Skywards Points for free? Like using Emiles or Erewards? Or anything alike?
I am these few points short on my award any my miles will expire 31st of July...so i am really in a hurry

All help appreciated!
Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
Hey all!
Im not sure, whether this is the correct Thread, but as i could not find any better suited, i am asking my Question in here..

So, is there any possibility getting 250 Skywards Points for free? Like using Emiles or Erewards? Or anything alike?
I am these few points short on my award any my miles will expire 31st of July...so i am really in a hurry

All help appreciated!
Stay at a Marriot, Radisson, Starwood property, rent a car from Dollar or Hertz, etc. but not sure they'll credit by the 31st.

Can transfer Amex MR from certain countries and SPG points as well.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Stay at a Marriot, Radisson, Starwood property, rent a car from Dollar or Hertz, etc. but not sure they'll credit by the 31st.

Can transfer Amex MR from certain countries and SPG points as well.
Thanks for the reply - didnt know about the Amex thing...will check it out!

Still: I guess, this transfer works from 1000 MR's on, so there would be some points sitting in my Skywards Account afterwards...As I am just looking for 250 Points, i'm still open for suggestions
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, EK Silver
I'm booking a ticket SIN-DXB-LHR and want to credit to BAEC to get to Silver status by booking EK metal with QF flight number. Separately, though, I want to use Skywards miles to upgrade from Y to C if possible. I can't seem to find the answers anywhere on this forum/airline websites, but could someone help me out with the following:

(1) If I enter my BAEC number at booking, can I still use my EK status to get additional baggage allowance and lounge access in DXB (although if I can upgrade to C this will only matter for additional baggage)?

(2) When using Skywards miles on QF-ticketed, EK-metal flights, how do upgrades work in terms of booking, and how do QF fare classes convert to EK's redemption chart?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by thomasop
I'm booking a ticket SIN-DXB-LHR and want to credit to BAEC to get to Silver status by booking EK metal with QF flight number. Separately, though, I want to use Skywards miles to upgrade from Y to C if possible. I can't seem to find the answers anywhere on this forum/airline websites, but could someone help me out with the following:

(1) If I enter my BAEC number at booking, can I still use my EK status to get additional baggage allowance and lounge access in DXB (although if I can upgrade to C this will only matter for additional baggage)?

No.

(2) When using Skywards miles on QF-ticketed, EK-metal flights, how do upgrades work in terms of booking, and how do QF fare classes convert to EK's redemption chart?
Not sure, would this even be possible? Would you not have to use QF miles?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:33 am

Hello all.

Im thinking of taking my first EK flight, with my son whom is 4 years old.
The route im considering is OSL - BKK, probably in january 2017. (EK160 OSL-DXB & EK384 DXB-BKK)

I have a certain unease with flying, which started after my latest long haul fligh some five years ago.
Dont want FoF holding me back from travelling and certainly not transfer my unease to my son.
I have read several places that forward placement in the cabin can help a bit, with regards to movements, sounds etc (as well as service level!)
So, with that in mind, im thinking first class on above flights might alleviate my FoF enough that im able to relax and enjoy. Also the premium for F is not that high compared to j on other carriers.

But im really stumped by the seating, i assume my son would like to be seated next to window, what would the optimal spot for me as a parent be? Behind/in front or in middle seat? Does anyone have any experience to share?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by notaflygeek
Hello all.

Im thinking of taking my first EK flight, with my son whom is 4 years old.
The route im considering is OSL - BKK, probably in january 2017. (EK160 OSL-DXB & EK384 DXB-BKK)

I have a certain unease with flying, which started after my latest long haul fligh some five years ago.
Dont want FoF holding me back from travelling and certainly not transfer my unease to my son.
I have read several places that forward placement in the cabin can help a bit, with regards to movements, sounds etc (as well as service level!)
So, with that in mind, im thinking first class on above flights might alleviate my FoF enough that im able to relax and enjoy. Also the premium for F is not that high compared to j on other carriers.

But im really stumped by the seating, i assume my son would like to be seated next to window, what would the optimal spot for me as a parent be? Behind/in front or in middle seat? Does anyone have any experience to share?
middle seat adjacent. Welcome to FT and good job on catching on quick on the need for extensive abbreviation
Old Aug 1, 2016, 7:34 am

Thumbs up

middle seat adjacent. Welcome to FT and good job on catching on quick on the need for extensive abbreviation

Thank you for your reply skywardhunter.
As for the abbreviations (abbreaviations?? ), i must confess to slightly higher than average googling
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:53 am

Except that won't work on the Dxb bkk leg if it's the a380 as the seats are staggered unlike the 77w
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by m3red
Except that won't work on the Dxb bkk leg if it's the a380 as the seats are staggered unlike the 77w
It will be staggered - it's EK384.

notaflygeek: if you have a fear of flying because of turbulence, then I'm sorry to have to warn you that EK384 flies over the Bay of Bengal which can be notoriously turbulent all year round. It's a perfectly safe route of course, but if you have a nervous disposition you might not enjoy that sector very much, F or not.

Have you thought about a fear of flying course run by some airlines/in conjunction with them?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:41 am

Does anybody know a way to find out which aircraft ( registration ) will fly which route in the near future? Looking to find out which exact aircraft will do the route dus-dxb on sunday.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:16 am

Thank you for the follow up, m3red and eternaltransit.

Which seat configuration would you recommend for the A388?

eternaltransit: Yes I have considered a fof course, but for now im holding off on it, since i've gotten some other help me manage.
I have flown over the Bay of Bengal before (before my fof manifested itself) and i remember one time it was really bumpy. Fortunately turbulence is not something that is a big trigger for me.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by iRobert
Does anybody know a way to find out which aircraft ( registration ) will fly which route in the near future? Looking to find out which exact aircraft will do the route dus-dxb on sunday.
Unfortunately not. The earliest you can find out is then the outbound flight leaves DXB as naturally the same plane will (usually) fly the same route back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.