Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:31 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by soorox
I'm not sure if robots are doing this but on social media alot of these comments are popping up: Anyone know what is going on? Not only Facebook, but also Twitter and other social medias, it is quite worrying.
I think it would appear on here if there was any truth in this
Old Jun 17, 2016, 2:08 pm

Partner availability

I am trying to book a flight from IST to DXB in December of this year in Emirates Business.
The flight shows D availability on expertflyer and is bookabale through Qantas, but for some reason Malaysia does not have availability.
Shouldn't Malaysia see the same availability as Qantas?

Thanks for any info.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 1:16 am

What is BR to AU? Brasil to Austria? Australia?

Unless further information about what happened are provided, this seems to be just a useless rant..
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:28 am

Emirates cancelled my flight from SAW (Istanbul) to Dubai on 1-July-2016. Do I have the right to reschedule this flight from ESB (Ankara) to Dubai for the very same day without paying any fees.
Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by mancho
Emirates cancelled my flight from SAW (Istanbul) to Dubai on 1-July-2016. Do I have the right to reschedule this flight from ESB (Ankara) to Dubai for the very same day without paying any fees.
Thanks for your help.
You'll need to call them, and tell them that for you, a flight Ex-ESB would be good as well.

Usually when EK cancels flight on short notice, they're more than willing to show flexibility.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
You'll need to call them, and tell them that for you, a flight Ex-ESB would be good as well.

Usually when EK cancels flight on short notice, they're more than willing to show flexibility.
Thank you
Old Jun 21, 2016, 6:37 am

Emirate Check in baggage food items allowance

Salt , ginger garlic paste , rice , ghee
Are these items allowed in the Emirate checked in baggage?
Quick answer would be appreciated
Flight : From New Delhi,India to LA,California.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Samarth Gujral

wrong question. Are those items allowed through US customs?

EK won't care about it being in your luggage.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Originally Posted by Samarth Gujral

wrong question. Are those items allowed through US customs?

EK won't care about it being in your luggage.
Is it all in commercial packaging? As long as it's not meat or fresh produce it should be fine. I think from the list only rice might be problematic, to be completely sure you might want to check at the source though:

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/internati...cultural-items
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...--general-food
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:55 am

With my next leg (DUS-DXB) I get Silver Status, can I use the Lounge direct after the landing in Dubai (I have a connecting flight with Emirates)? Or does it takes some hours till they recognize my Status?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 3:02 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Kölner
With my next leg (DUS-DXB) I get Silver Status, can I use the Lounge direct after the landing in Dubai (I have a connecting flight with Emirates)? Or does it takes some hours till they recognize my Status?
EK don't seem to update your status after each leg of a multi-leg itinerary, only when you have arrived at destination i.e. DUS-DXB-CCC then status update.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Jun 28, 2016, 3:34 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Kölner
As Saltire74 says you won't get the tier upgrade until a few hours after landing at final destination but perhaps tweeting @EmiratesSupport with a screenshot of your statement showing how many miles to Silver they could make an exception but don't count on it
Old Jun 30, 2016, 12:52 am

It can take up to 48 hours to get your tier upgrade according to the email I received when moving up to silver.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:15 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, BA Pleb
Got tickets through a travel agent and they are endorsed ONLY CHK-IN REWARD UPGRADE.

The first bit is fairly self-explanatory- I can't upgrade until check in- but it's the second bit I'm confused by. Does this mean you can only upgrade using miles (I've never flown EK before so I don't have any, although I have signed up to Skywards because I might as well), or can one use cold, hard cash at check in?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Arctic Troll
Got tickets through a travel agent and they are endorsed ONLY CHK-IN REWARD UPGRADE.

The first bit is fairly self-explanatory- I can't upgrade until check in- but it's the second bit I'm confused by. Does this mean you can only upgrade using miles (I've never flown EK before so I don't have any, although I have signed up to Skywards because I might as well), or can one use cold, hard cash at check in?
Means if you want to use a reward upgrade, you can only do it at check in.

EK will always love to take cold hard cash off you at any time for upgrades

Unfortunately, your tickets are through a travel agent, so they will not change the ticket to another fare class for you - you must go through the agent. They may or may not let you do a standby upgrade for cash, if they are offering though, but that is quite rare to see - only really done at US ports. In that case you will earn original mileage etc. as they won't change the the ticket, just your seat assignment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.