Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai Connect / STPC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:38 am

Programs: Skywards Silver, Miles & Bonus Gold, BD Diamond Blue
I ve an upcoming booking in J/F next month KUL-DXB-MAN with a 9 hr layover, wanted to max my time in the F lounge haha
When i made the initial booking, they were offering the dubai connect service on the booking engine, which i duly filled in. It also appeared on the MMB
Checked today on MMB, its vanished!
Oh well F lounge it is then
Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:48 am

Programs: DLPM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Where can i find the link under manage my booking section for Dubai Connect booking?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:57 am

Programs: Skywards Silver, Miles & Bonus Gold, BD Diamond Blue
Originally Posted by pdxPort
Where can i find the link under manage my booking section for Dubai Connect booking?
If I d remembered correctly, It appeared under the chauffeur booking box, but as i mentioned, its gone on my MMB now!
Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: DLPM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I dont see any thing called dubai connect, but do see a link 'Apply for Dubai visa' is that one?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Not "may be wrong" but rather "is wrong".

I had a 19-hour voluntary layover in DXB a few weeks ago routing JNB-DXB-BOM and the website said that I was eligible for Dubai Connect. I didn't expect it to be but asked anyway at the hotel counter and was told that it was a common website glitch.

There were at least 2-3 other people there arguing that Emirates should honour the website misinformation, but they were largely ignored.
The hotel counter is remarkably good at ignoring and brushing off people, in the rudest manner possible, even passengers flying in paid F where EK has made an error in their hotel bookings, and this, sadly, is not experience from an isolated incident.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
For the guys that it "disappeared" for, did you book the connect service online, then it disappeared? or is being able to book it online something new? I booked it online and it says confirmed, collect voucher at airport.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Budley
...but I was told there is a rule that the ticket must have a purchase cost of at least USD 1,100. Mine cost $1,000 + 50,000 miles for the upgrade - how much did that cost?
Can anyone confirm if this is indeed being followed.

So, I was planning a trip BOM-CDG in Y and upgrading it using miles. The ticket cost is < $1,100 ($950 or whereabouts). Would this be eligible for Dubai Connect?

I also had another question - my flight (EK503) into DXB arrives at 8:30pm and the next flight out to CDG (EK071) is at 4:30 am, though I am planning on EK073 which departs at 08:30am. If I upgrade my ticket from Y to J, would the 8 hour rule for Y still apply to me (EK071 leaves just 'at' 8 hours) or would I be eligible for STPC under the 6 hour rule for J/F.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 7:11 pm

Programs: EK,BA,QR
Originally Posted by jackiedada

So, I was planning a trip BOM-CDG in Y and upgrading it using miles. The ticket cost is < $1,100 ($950 or whereabouts). Would this be eligible for Dubai Connect?

I also had another question - my flight (EK503) into DXB arrives at 8:30pm and the next flight out to CDG (EK071) is at 4:30 am, though I am planning on EK073 which departs at 08:30am. If I upgrade my ticket from Y to J, would the 8 hour rule for Y still apply to me (EK071 leaves just 'at' 8 hours) or would I be eligible for STPC under the 6 hour rule for J/F.
From EK website -

"Dubai Connect may also be offered in other cases, such as Skywards Flex redemption bookings. Other rules may apply, depending on the date that the flights were booked and the fare paid. Dubai Connect must be pre-booked and Emirates is only able to accept bookings at least 24 hours prior to departure of inbound flight to Dubai at the latest. This service is subject to availability."

"All Skywards redemption tickets except Saver Economy (i.e. Ticket must be 100% Flex fares) are eligible for the ‘Dubai Connect’ offer, subject to the other conditions herein. The Fare Type paid criteria is deemed to be met for qualifying Skywards redemption tickets."

And you need to be > 18

And it would be under the T&C's of the J fare i.e. 8hr rule.
Best phone EK and they will probably arrange it, if they have not already done so.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 3:25 am

Well, I wasn't able to confirm the $ 1,100 minimum ticket price but I did manage to get some other information about Dubai Connect.

In the above example (EK503 -> EK73), after I upgrade my ticket, the J allowance will apply, i.e 6 hours. However, just by virtue of there being an earlier flight (EK071), forget whether it was later or earlier than 6 hours from my incoming, the system will automatically refuse the STPC for EK073, as I could have connected on EK71. If my connection is on EK71, I'll get the STPC as it is > 6 hours from 503 arrival, but if on EK73, which is a later flight, I will not because there was an earlier flight departing. Now that was really surprising? Can anyone confirm this?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 3:41 am

If my connection is on EK71, I'll get the STPC as it is > 6 hours from 503 arrival, but if on EK73, which is a later flight, I will not because there was an earlier flight departing. Now that was really surprising? Can anyone confirm this?
Yes.

http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...onditions.aspx

The passenger must be booked on the earliest available outbound flight to the required destination to qualify for the ‘Dubai Connect’ offer.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
Oh shucks! Wasn't aware of that.

Anyway, booked on EK505 connecting to EK075 which now makes it much more sane connection.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 5:10 am

Would anyone know if Dubai Connect is available for all QF stock tickets in economy?
Gotta a situation with the following: EK186 to QF2 (BCN-DXB-SYD). The earlier EK418 leaves 50minutes earlier and still qualifies, or at least should.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
I am in X class on IAH-DXB. We have a 9 hour layover on the way back. My ticket says:

non-endorsable/non-end/skywards skysaver/check-in/reward upgrade.

This is a revenue ticket. What does the last part mean (check-in reward upgrade?)
Old Mar 6, 2015, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater
I am in X class on IAH-DXB. We have a 9 hour layover on the way back. My ticket says:

This is a revenue ticket. What does the last part mean (check-in reward upgrade?)
EK IT is just bad - their automatic e-ticket generating software thinks that all X class tickets are partner skywards redemptions (which are classed in their system as upgraded on the day redemption tickets), although sometimes X class is open for revenue ticketing via certain channels (such as travel agents).

If you are looking to earn miles, you may need to check the earning tables as X class is likely to earn 0%.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:58 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Deltahater

Are you sure it doesn't say

"non-endorsable/non-end/skywards skysaver/check-in reward upgrade."

This simply means that your ticket cannot be upgraded with miles until check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.