Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Changes in Dan lounge access with Israeli CCs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes in Dan lounge access with Israeli CCs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by benberg2013
I assume that 140 NIS per visit is aimed at travellers who wouldn't generally access lounges, rather as a one-off treat or something like that (hence no priority pass or elite status) and these people would be willing to pay 140 NIS.
Someone who was never there and thinks it's worth it
Old Jul 19, 2015, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by houminer
someone who was never there and thinks it's worth it
בדיוק!
Old Jul 19, 2015, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Houminer
Someone who was never there and thinks it's worth it
We should put up signs as PSAs
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by joshwex90
I was browsing the Amex website and I happened upon this information (that was never sent through any other format) regarding the Anashim Umachshavim (People & PC) Amex Gold Business card:

Translation: "For your information, starting September 2015, the benefit of Dan Lounge access at TLV on your card will be changed. Starting at this point, you will be eligible for the benefit of one free entrance in a month (between billing dates) on your card if you fulfill the requirement of charging on your account NIS 2,000 at businesses or more from your last statement."

So it sounds like the free entrance is drastically being reduced. Up until now, all card-holders have had unlimited free entry, regardless of card usage. Now, it's limited to those spending NIS 2,000/month, and only once a month.
The same message appeared on my Amex statement that I received today, so it is definitely being applied even to existing cardholders.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nombody
The same message appeared on my Amex statement that I received today, so it is definitely being applied even to existing cardholders.
Was listed on my statement that I got yesterday as well.

They also wrote that the SMS service I have (SMS alerts for card usage, bill, and points) currently will soon cost 4 shek/month. The weirdest thing is they wrote, "We're pleased to inform you..." Why the heck are they pleased to inform me of this?!
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
The weirdest thing is they wrote, "We're pleased to inform you..." Why the heck are they pleased to inform me of this?!
Because they will be making money from it
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by economyman
Because they will be making money from it
Ah ha - so happy for them!!!
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Carded out

I guess I have been out-carded at the Dans'.....

Visa Business and Amex Recannati Business no longer work (I was offered a great deal - 110 NIS instead of 150 NIS for entry...). I didn't have my MC corporate with me, so do not know if that's a no-go as well.

Pity.... Does anyone know of a list of "cards that can" following this month's changes ?

Some useful (and not so useful) info here:
http://rotter.name/nor/chat/32791.shtml

D.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: AA Platinum, LY Matmid
Was listed on my statement that I got yesterday as well.

They also wrote that the SMS service I have (SMS alerts for card usage, bill, and points) currently will soon cost 4 shek/month. The weirdest thing is they wrote, "We're pleased to inform you..." Why the heck are they pleased to inform me of this?!
It's a shame as you were the one who put me on to this card a while back.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dand99
I guess I have been out-carded at the Dans'.....

Visa Business and Amex Recannati Business no longer work (I was offered a great deal - 110 NIS instead of 150 NIS for entry...). I didn't have my MC corporate with me, so do not know if that's a no-go as well.

Pity.... Does anyone know of a list of "cards that can" following this month's changes ?

Some useful (and not so useful) info here:
http://rotter.name/nor/chat/32791.shtml

D.
Interesting - it's 110 shek with the Amex Anashim Umachshavim

I believe you get in for free with the Plat Amex

Originally Posted by badatz
It's a shame as you were the one who put me on to this card a while back.
Ya, pretty bummed too
Old Sep 19, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by economyman
The Dan+ lounge is a little better than the regular Dan lounges because it does not give access to credit card holders so it remains rather calm. When I'm there before a BA flight I usually have a few seats to myself but TBH I really don't get to the airport early enough to have more than 10 minutes spare before boarding once I'm through security so I don't care much for the lounges either way.
I had mixed feelings after visiting the DAN+ for the first time last month. It is definitely less crowded than the other two Dan lounges but somehow it feels too small and secluded. There are less windows and from the windows that exist you do not see much.

One thing I could not gather until today is whether one can access Dan+ as BAEC Silver / Gold (or as a Oneworld Sapphire / Emerald when flying Y on other Oneworld carriers). The Oneworld website only mentions the two "regular" Dan lounges but I also wonder how well informed are the receptionists there concerning that. Any experience with that?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 12:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by ophir_mm
I had mixed feelings after visiting the DAN+ for the first time last month. It is definitely less crowded than the other two Dan lounges but somehow it feels too small and secluded. There are less windows and from the windows that exist you do not see much.

One thing I could not gather until today is whether one can access Dan+ as BAEC Silver / Gold (or as a Oneworld Sapphire / Emerald when flying Y on other Oneworld carriers). The Oneworld website only mentions the two "regular" Dan lounges but I also wonder how well informed are the receptionists there concerning that. Any experience with that?
The lounge can be accessed with any OneWorld Sapphire card, but only when flying BA.

I have heard that United customers can also access, but don't know about that.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 3:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by benberg2013
The lounge can be accessed with any OneWorld Sapphire card, but only when flying BA. I have heard that United customers can also access, but don't know about that.
Thanks; anyone here has experience accessing the other Dan lounges when flying Oneworld carrier (Not BA) with Oneworld status? My MasterCard Corporate still gives me access but who know for how long...
Old Sep 20, 2015, 5:44 am
Suspended

Thanks; anyone here has experience accessing the other Dan lounges when flying Oneworld carrier (Not BA) with Oneworld status? My MasterCard Corporate still gives me access but who know for how long...
I've been into them when flying RJ, and Air Berlin, using OneWorld sapphire status. You may find more info in this thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/el-al...unges-tlv.html
Old Sep 20, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Used the lounge before AY and IB flights with both Y and J tickets.

They do ask you for an invitation - which you can get at the check-in counters. To avoid the long line, if you don't have begs to check, just say you're heading to the business class counters (usually empty), already checked-in and just want to pick up the lounge invitation. Not a lie.

I tried one time to get in without an invitation. They had to call the check-in counter to verify the whole thing and it took a few minutes. Easier to just go to the counters yourself before security.

BTW, twice now when flying Y with OneWorld carriers, I was advised to use the fast track as a 'priority passenger'. I found it odd because that line is exclusive for J and F - as well it should be. But I was indeed allowed through (it was empty, as it usually is).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.