Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Changes in Dan lounge access with Israeli CCs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by entropy
TLV is operating at its design capacity, and it seems the lounges are too small in general.

EWR has the same problem with the UA lounges, its a zoo. and they don't even have hummus

would be great if star built a lounge in the new concourse...
I would love to see a *A or TK lounge. I could certainly see the justification
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:06 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
The Dan+ lounge is a little better than the regular Dan lounges because it does not give access to credit card holders so it remains rather calm. When I'm there before a BA flight I usually have a few seats to myself but TBH I really don't get to the airport early enough to have more than 10 minutes spare before boarding once I'm through security so I don't care much for the lounges either way.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by economyman
The Dan+ lounge is a little better than the regular Dan lounges because it does not give access to credit card holders so it remains rather calm. When I'm there before a BA flight I usually have a few seats to myself but TBH I really don't get to the airport early enough to have more than 10 minutes spare before boarding once I'm through security so I don't care much for the lounges either way.
I've only been in the Dan+ in the morning, so don't know how it compares to other times, but agree that it was emptier. I found the offering to be the same and the location to be a bit worse.

But it does indeed give free access to credit card holders. Unless that was a secret I'm supposed to keep
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was browsing the Amex website and I happened upon this information (that was never sent through any other format) regarding the Anashim Umachshavim (People & PC) Amex Gold Business card:
לידיעתך, החל מחודש ספטמבר 2015 יחול שינוי בהטבת הכניסה לטרקלין דן בנתב"ג בכרטיסך.
החל ממועד זה, תהיה זכאי להטבה של כניסה אחת חינם בחודש (בין מועדי חיוב) בכרטיסך,
בכפוף לחיוב חשבונך בגין עסקאות בבתי עסק בסך של 2,000 ₪ ומעלה במועד החיוב האחרון.
Translation: "For your information, starting September 2015, the benefit of Dan Lounge access at TLV on your card will be changed. Starting at this point, you will be eligible for the benefit of one free entrance in a month (between billing dates) on your card if you fulfill the requirement of charging on your account NIS 2,000 at businesses or more from your last statement."

So it sounds like the free entrance is drastically being reduced. Up until now, all card-holders have had unlimited free entry, regardless of card usage. Now, it's limited to those spending NIS 2,000/month, and only once a month.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Originally Posted by joshwex90
But it does indeed give free access to credit card holders. Unless that was a secret I'm supposed to keep
Was not aware of that. Originally at least the lounge was for exclusive use of BA. I know they then added access for UA but timing was different. I guess general access now applies for all airlines and credit cards.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by economyman
I guess general access now applies for all airlines and credit cards.
It does not.

By check-in, you receive an invitation - when flying BA or UA, you receive an invite to the Dan+, and when flying any other airline you receive an invite to the regular Dan.
I think Josh is saying that certain Israeli credit cards in addition do gain access to the Dan+.
I don't expect that an Amex, (or any CC for that matter) issued in a foreign country gains access. I tried half a year ago with Amex Plat from UK and was denied access to Dan+
Old Jul 15, 2015, 2:55 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Would you mind telling us which card(s) give access to the Dan+?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 2:58 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I was browsing the Amex website and I happened upon this information (that was never sent through any other format) regarding the Anashim Umachshavim (People & PC) Amex Gold Business card:

Translation: "For your information, starting September 2015, the benefit of Dan Lounge access at TLV on your card will be changed. Starting at this point, you will be eligible for the benefit of one free entrance in a month (between billing dates) on your card if you fulfill the requirement of charging on your account NIS 2,000 at businesses or more from your last statement."

So it sounds like the free entrance is drastically being reduced. Up until now, all card-holders have had unlimited free entry, regardless of card usage. Now, it's limited to those spending NIS 2,000/month, and only once a month.
Terrible news! I have a flight on September 20 and was planning on using that card for access. I can put 2000 on the card, but it would be at the expense of putting it on a more lucrative card...

So which free or almost free cards still give access?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moe8555
Would you mind telling us which card(s) give access to the Dan+?
I had access with my Amex Anashim Umachshavim and my friend with an Israeli Amex Plat

Originally Posted by moe8555
Terrible news! I have a flight on September 20 and was planning on using that card for access. I can put 2000 on the card, but it would be at the expense of putting it on a more lucrative card...

So which free or almost free cards still give access?
None that I'm aware of. The LeumiCard Executive card is free and offers 1 free access a month as well via a voucher you order in advance from the website
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: airberlin gold, club carlson gold, hhonors gold

https://www.leumi-card.co.il/he-il/Cards/Pages/TelAvivUniversity.aspx

if youre a tel aviv uni graduate u can apply for this card which has no monthly fee and it appears there is still free access to the dan lounge with no restrictions.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 5:56 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Originally Posted by turbjuo
https://www.leumi-card.co.il/he-il/Cards/Pages/TelAvivUniversity.aspx

if youre a tel aviv uni graduate u can apply for this card which has no monthly fee and it appears there is still free access to the dan lounge with no restrictions.

I have the executive card, not from Tel-aviv, but it's suppose to be the same as far as i know. was told by Leumi Card that access would be now part of Pinukim for this card (minimum monthly spend)
Old Jul 17, 2015, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by photographer2012
I have the executive card, not from Tel-aviv, but it's suppose to be the same as far as i know. was told by Leumi Card that access would be now part of Pinukim for this card (minimum monthly spend)
As of August 1, access is through pinukim. Otherwise, 140 shek/visit.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Otherwise, 140 shek/visit.
Simply not worth it.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clubman
Simply not worth it.
Agreed - even assuming I would pay for everything I take for free at the Dan, it would hardly reach NIS 40
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I assume that 140 NIS per visit is aimed at travellers who wouldn't generally access lounges, rather as a one-off treat or something like that (hence no priority pass or elite status) and these people would be willing to pay 140 NIS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.