Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dan lounges TLV

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Dan lounges TLV

A friend recently guested me into the Dan+ lounge (next to the synagogue, meant exclusively for BA business and silver and gold fliers, and a few others) and was surprised at what it was like, and can only say that I prefer the regular Dan lounges in B and C concourses. It has hard floor which makes it noisier, and connecting the 2 small rooms is a narrow corridor.
I don't understand what the + is about.
I prefer the regular spacious Dan lounges, with carpet, and more "lounge-like" atmosphere.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:19 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
They are "bad" and "worse" and I'm not sure which is which.
Until now I used the KDL but with the new rules I will need to go to the Dan lounge when not flying LY.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:05 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by Houminer
They are "bad" and "worse" and I'm not sure which is which.
Until now I used the KDL but with the new rules I will need to go to the Dan lounge when not flying LY.
I wouldn't say they are bad, because for kosher-only eaters, they are one of the few lounges in the world which serve kosher food, which puts them high up on my preference list than a lot of other lounges. I was just comparing the different dan lounges.

Last edited by benberg2013; Sep 20, 2015 at 5:40 am
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: SPG Gold
I agree with the original poster. I prefer the regular Dan lounge over the Dan+ and KDL, with the exception that KDL had nice showers.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by benberg2013
I don't understand what the + is about.
Well it was meant to be exclusive for BA travellers, and while it was, it was a haven compared the regular Dan lounge which except for perhaps a couple of hours a day is an absolute zoo.

I haven't been in there for a whole however (been using the KDL) so if it is now just as busy as the regular Dan lounge that would be a real shame.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by nombody
I agree with the original poster. I prefer the regular Dan lounge over the Dan+ and KDL, with the exception that KDL had nice showers.
You're kidding right? Why on earth would you prefer the Dan lounge over KDL?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:36 pm

I think that Dan lounges has improved. I was in the B lounge last week, and post-renovation it seems much nicer and better laid-out. Even good seemed to have improved somewhat.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nombody
Originally Posted by clubman
You're kidding right? Why on earth would you prefer the Dan lounge over KDL?
Same question!
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:30 am

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by 2035
I think that Dan lounges has improved. I was in the B lounge last week, and post-renovation it seems much nicer and better laid-out. Even good seemed to have improved somewhat.
Was in the Dan B this week and it has improved tremendously. If the TLV Elal lounge is a 10, then this rates an 8.5 (it was a 5 last year). So kudos on a vast improvement!
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Do they serve the same food the whole day - rolls, salads, cakes and drinks, or do they bring meat and other hot food during afternoon and evening?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:47 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Do they serve the same food the whole day - rolls, salads, cakes and drinks, or do they bring meat and other hot food during afternoon and evening?
Meat? Hot food? The only hot food they ever have is soup and I have never seen a piece of meat in any lounge at TLV.

If you want meat or hot food, fly TK or LH.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hnussbacher
If the TLV Elal lounge is a 10, then this rates an 8.5 (it was a 5 last year).
While the KDL is a nice lounge it is far from being a 10.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYTA
If you want meat or hot food, fly TK or LH.
What do you mean..?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by clubman
What do you mean..?
Meaning that those airlines serve hot food/meat in their lounges (not at TLV).
Old Mar 13, 2015, 6:26 am

I would venture to guess meat is not served for Kashrut reasons. It is just easier to skip it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.