Ever had a good sub at Subway?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ever had a good sub at Subway?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by onobond
Apples and pears here.

A fresh made sub is prepared the same day, at best just before, or within a couple of hours before consumption.

A sub made with fresh ingredients, does not necessarily constitute beeing fresh the next day. A competitor to Subway reduces the prize to 50% advertising items as "fresh made yesterday"

A fresh made sub, using spoiled meat, is not only dangerous for the consumer, but also illegal
Some places may make a sub with fresh ingredients, but that does not mean by the time one buys it, the ingredients are still fresh.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by kipper

Apples and pears here.

A fresh made sub is prepared the same day, at best just before, or within a couple of hours before consumption.

A sub made with fresh ingredients, does not necessarily constitute beeing fresh the next day. A competitor to Subway reduces the prize to 50% advertising items as "fresh made yesterday"

A fresh made sub, using spoiled meat, is not only dangerous for the consumer, but also illegal

Some places may make a sub with fresh ingredients, but that does not mean by the time one buys it, the ingredients are still fresh.

Did you read the post you're quoting and replying to?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:45 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Did you read the post you're quoting and replying to?
Yes, and I was pointing out that IME, they don't intentionally sell spoiled meat.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by tommypress
I never had a bad experience when I went for a tuna sandwich. That sub of the day really fills my tummy - everytime.
Eating a Jimmy Johns tuna sub with my left hand as I type with my right. It's okay, and I agree that Subway tuna is possibly the best thing on the menu, although I think that's true most places so I may have a pro-tuna bias.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by BamaVol
Eating a Jimmy Johns tuna sub with my left hand as I type with my right. It's okay, and I agree that Subway tuna is possibly the best thing on the menu, although I think that's true most places so I may have a pro-tuna bias.
I feel JJ's bread is much tastier than subways white Italian load.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
I am not the pickiest eater in general, and have found tuna and meatball to be ok subs there.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enviroian
I feel JJ's bread is much tastier than subways white Italian load.
I agree and especially like the small jobs there, I don't recall what they're called, but strictly tuna on a skinny roll. Yeah, subway bread is too soft and airy. JJ's has a real crust.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: AA: 2 MM
If Potbelly and Subway are at all close to each other, I'll choose Potbelly every time.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
If Potbelly and Subway are at all close to each other, I'll choose Potbelly every time.
Easy to say, but around here Subway locations outnumbers Potbelly about 10,000 to 1.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Peoriaman1
Easy to say, but around here Subway locations outnumbers Potbelly about 10,000 to 1.
Ditto. The only Potbelly around here is someone's pet pig.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:30 am

I see the pictures on the advertisement and thus am always disappointed at Subway.

The best sub sandwichs I get are at a small Italian Deli near my out-of-state relatives. On my way to the flight home, I stop by and get a sandwich from them - prosciutto, salami, sharp provolone, peppers, tomato, etc. Then I eat it on the plane under the watchful and jealous eyes of my fellow passengers. I swear I could buy a dozen of them , sell them on the plane, and pay for my return trip. :-)

Last edited by MrTemporal; Aug 29, 2016 at 12:30 pm
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Peoriaman1
Sadly. If you were in the "real" Peoria or the other side of the valley, it might be a different story.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
If I'm in a hurry and/or in unfamiliar surroundings, I'll take a Subway veggie over anything wrapped in plastic at the local supermarket or 7-11 or anything from McDonald's.

I will choose a Quizno's over a Subway (if I have that choice) because the bread is a bit better.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by chollie
If I'm in a hurry and/or in unfamiliar surroundings, I'll take a Subway veggie over anything wrapped in plastic at the local supermarket or 7-11 or anything from McDonald's.
Better than 7-11 or McDonald's? That has to be the least ringing endorsement of anything I've ever seen.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:41 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by chollie

I will choose a Quizno's over a Subway (if I have that choice) because the bread is a bit better.
I'll take a Big Mac any day over Subway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.