Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

How much should a cookie recipe cost to make?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How much should a cookie recipe cost to make?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Cardamon is also amazing in rice puddings. Never been able to figure out how to flavour basmati rice with them. Drinking cardamon infused tea too.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rickg523
Trader Joe's has 12 oz bags for like 3.99
For shelled pistachios?? Wow, that's a great price as they are expensive.
I think I would have subbed another type of nut long before I shelled them. I love pistachios to shell and eat one by one but not to do all that for a recipe.
You know what else costs as much as gold---pine nuts!!! I love them but I could buy a steak for the price of a half cup of pine nuts.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

can get expensive fast using premium ingredients such as valrhona chocolate

recipes anyone? i bought valrhona fèves and have no idea how to use them

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 18, 2017 at 9:24 pm
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by rickg523
Trader Joe's has 12 oz bags for like 3.99
Originally Posted by corky
I think I would have subbed another type of nut long before I shelled them. I love pistachios to shell and eat one by one but not to do all that for a recipe.
You know what else costs as much as gold---pine nuts!!! I love them but I could buy a steak for the price of a half cup of pine nuts.
And were they raw? That was the problem for me, couldn't find them anywhere.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by corky
There's a reason for that. Embargo of products from the pistachio's homeland and where it is most widely cultivated. The California Avocado growers would love a similar ban.

Another reason. Pest. The stone pine has been affected by an insect imported from the western U.S. that has severely diminished its ability to produce seed (production of seeds is a very energy-intensive activity for plants). The other species of pines that are sources of harvested seeds for human consumption just aren't the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.