Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Do you ask for compensation for poor service?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

delete

Last edited by davie355; Apr 14, 2015 at 4:15 pm
Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
The usual thing to do is not patronize the offenders again, or write an honest review of the poor experience online.

IMO, filing the credit card chargeback is way over the top and I doubt you will prevail.

You seem to have peculiarly bad luck.

Bon appetit!

Doc
Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:52 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
No I just don't return & if I tip it' s greatly reduced.

Last edited by coachrowsey; Feb 27, 2015 at 5:52 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
No, usually not for carry out or delivery situations.

For the pasta, you ordered one thing, but were quickly notified that they were out of that item.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Not for that kind of stuff. I'd maybe tell the manager or Yelp about the super long delivery times but I wouldn't ask nor would I expect any compensation.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Tonight at dinner, I ordered an appetizer and was given a choice of 3 or 4 tacos. I asked for 3 but when the dish arrived, there were 4. When I pointed this error out to the server, she told me to eat the 4th and she would adjust the check. The check had a $7 credit when I got it. I only ate 2, asked for a box and then forgot it on the table when I left.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:44 pm
Suspended

Cool

Originally Posted by BamaVol
Tonight at dinner, I ordered an appetizer and was given a choice of 3 or 4 tacos. I asked for 3 but when the dish arrived, there were 4. When I pointed this error out to the server, she told me to eat the 4th and she would adjust the check. The check had a $7 credit when I got it. I only ate 2, asked for a box and then forgot it on the table when I left.
That math problem would stump the kids taking SATs. What's the answer?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Those experiences are exactly what I would expect, so I would not complain let alone ask for compensation. I save the complaining for the big stuff. Makes me a happier less stressed person.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:48 am

That was nice of her.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper
That was nice of her.
First day with a new menu and servers were having difficulty entering orders correctly. The table next to me ordered a $4 4 piece mini-app and got the 16 piece entree. She got an $8 credit. I wonder if she remebered to bring home her leftovers. I imagine the manager was authorizing credits all night until the servers could figure it out.

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
That math problem would stump the kids taking SATs. What's the answer?
Uh, pi for dessert?

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 2, 2015 at 8:33 am Reason: merge
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:59 am
Suspended

Uh, pi for dessert?
That's irrational.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
First day with a new menu and servers were having difficulty entering orders correctly. The table next to me ordered a $4 4 piece mini-app and got the 16 piece entree. She got an $8 credit. I wonder if she remebered to bring home her leftovers. I imagine the manager was authorizing credits all night until the servers could figure it out.
Try going to restaurants where they change the menu daily - the servers will not be so challenged and the food will be better.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Try going to restaurants where they change the menu daily - the servers will not be so challenged and the food will be better.
Or how about "Stay out of Applebee's altogether"? What can I say? It was cold and I didn't want to drive far. And two 9 ounce glasses of wine cost like, $8.

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
That's irrational.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 2, 2015 at 8:32 am Reason: merge
Old Feb 28, 2015, 3:17 pm

Yikes!
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K (Pure AS)
When ordering from third-party food delivery services in our area, we definitely request compensation when the food delivery doesn't go as promised (it is, after all, the entire thing they're charging us for!). There is little competition in our market for it, so it's either a couple of mediocre services that provide from lots of very good restaurants, or a few decent places that delivery themselves. With so few good choices, it's tough to just swear off of 'em altogether.

For the restaurants that deliver, either we don't order from 'em again, or, if they mis-deliver and it's something we really want, we ask them to re-deliver the right stuff.

And if it's an in-person restaurant, it'd have to be really bad to ask for compensation - like damaging our clothing or property or something. Otherwise, we talk with our wallet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.