Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated "Taco Bell" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Gregory Nelson
Not if they've eaten the TB breakfast. Not good.

I agree that they're trying to take McD's head-on. But they're going to lose that battle.

Nothing about it makes much sense.
  • The food is barely Mexican. Waffle taco? No chorizo? Heck, Whataburger's breakfast menu is more Mexican-themed than this dog's breakfast of choices.
  • Logistically, I ended up having to wait 3-4 minutes for my food, where McDonald's can throw it at me as I'm pulling up to the second window.
  • They have to staff for 7 AM openings from a crew that previously was oriented to working graveyard shifts.

IMO, they should just be offering the full menu from 7 AM, rather than messing with these off-the-wall items. That would be a differentiating entry into the AM market.
(1) Taco Bell is not Mexican food. It is Taco Bell food. Most people know this well.
(2) If there are, i.e., 50 million visits for the product due to morbid curiosity, death wishes, and/or repeat happy customers and the average ticket is $4, even if the experiment is a "failure," it was not. It is not much different than Coke or Pepsi putting a horrible product out there, that countless millions try once or twice, and that shoves shelf space away from another product.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 7:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
(1) Taco Bell is not Mexican food. It is Taco Bell food. Most people know this well.
(2) If there are, i.e., 50 million visits for the product due to morbid curiosity, death wishes, and/or repeat happy customers and the average ticket is $4, even if the experiment is a "failure," it was not. It is not much different than Coke or Pepsi putting a horrible product out there, that countless millions try once or twice, and that shoves shelf space away from another product.
Perhaps Mexican Junk Food. Regardless, I can't believe how cheap the food is, and actually is excellent variety and unique food offerings.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
New Taco Bell Cantina Burrito

I didn't know TB revamped their cantina burrito until yesterday when I noticed the bag felt lighter They eliminated the rice and beans and added more meat for increased protein. It's about 40 % smaller than the old one but still the same price and only a few grams of fat less. Meh. I miss the old one.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Chalupas and Beer? Taco Bell to Serve Alcohol

Beer and 99c bean burritos ! What more could you ask for .....

^

---
Taco Bell wants to give you a buzz with your burrito, planning to open new “cantina” restaurants as it tries to compete with more upscale fast-casual joints.

The Irvine-based company said Tuesday that its new “urban” restaurants will serve alcohol and have open kitchens and a plethora of technology to streamline the ordering experience.

The first Taco Bell Cantina is set to open in Chicago next week, with the second debuting in San Francisco later this month.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...915-story.html
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Will it be available for To-Go or drive through orders?
Old Sep 16, 2015, 1:10 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Will it be available for To-Go or drive through orders?
If you had read the article, you will have seen that there will be no Drive-Thru's. Many local regulations forbid open alcoholic beverages of any kind in a vehicle, so this would be a no-go.

If YUM! Brands decide to convert some of their current locations, they may find some local regulations would prevent them from doing so. Here in South Florida, no restaurants can serve any type of alcohol within a certain number of feet of a school or park.

Burger King has something like this on South Beach called the Whopper Bar, as it serves bottled beer along with a normal lunch menu. It's located in the tourist district and does not have a drive-thru.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
When I lived in MD they allowed liquor stores to have drive thrus ... and in NVa other similar fast food places, like Moes, serves bottled beer.

... but as suggested, the rules are probably dizzying in how different they are from state to state, co to co, ... town to town
Old Sep 16, 2015, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I have to admit that the AM Crunchwrap is pretty tasty. It's simply a flat breakfast burrito...or basically a breakfast burrito made by someone too lazy to chop up anything.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 6:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I have to admit that the AM Crunchwrap is pretty tasty. It's simply a flat breakfast burrito...or basically a breakfast burrito made by someone too lazy to chop up anything.
Doesn't it also have a hard taco shell-type layer?
Old Sep 16, 2015, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by kipper
Doesn't it also have a hard taco shell-type layer?
No. Inside is (top to bottom) some kind of sauce, shredded cheese, scrambled eggs, sausage patty (not chopped), and hashbrown (not chopped). It's all wrapped in a tortilla and put in the grill press to warm/brown.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
No. Inside is (top to bottom) some kind of sauce, shredded cheese, scrambled eggs, sausage patty (not chopped), and hashbrown (not chopped). It's all wrapped in a tortilla and put in the grill press to warm/brown.
Didn't realize that.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Taco Bell's "Cantina" restaurants very much remind me of their "Border Grill" (or was it "Border Bell"?) experiment in the late 90s. They tried to latch on to the emerging trend of fast-casual restaurants. I'm not sure what Taco Bell considered its results to be, but from the outside it sure looked like a failure as the restaurant near me never seemed to have any business and was converted to a regular Taco Bell within a year or two.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by kipper
Didn't realize that.
I think you are confusing it with the crunch wrap.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
On a related note, has anyone been to "U.S. Taco Co."?

Apparently, it's a spin-off from Taco Bell as they are both owned (I think) by the same company. It's in Huntington Beach, CA.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
I think you are confusing it with the crunch wrap.
Probably. Both are bad for people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.