Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favourite Breakfasts ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2011, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Favourite Breakfasts ?

You can state just in general what you like to have for your favourite breakfast or state a place where you have had it.

Im pretty traditional. Love my sausages, bacon and eggs with some danishes afterwards, maybe an omelette.

My favourite buffet breakfast was at the Wynn hotel in Vegas.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 6:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I love veggie omelettes, although my standard breakfast fare on Sundays (or what had been, but that will change this Sunday) was:
  • biscuits and gravy for Mr. Kipper and the Kipper-kins (puppies)
  • biscuits for me
  • scrambled eggs, with cheese for me, no cheese for the others
  • bacon for all.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: EK, Hilton, AA
Depending on the mood and the situation:
- Bacon and Eggs is always great, favorite place is a small shop in the LES in Manhattan that makes them on a roll, great and cheap. Grab one right before hopping on the F train with chocolate milk.
- Feta cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes and fresh hot bread with some good tea
Old Apr 8, 2011, 8:06 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
It depends on where I am. I usually don't eat breakfast, but do on weekends (and skip lunch usually)

Every Saturday I have some version of Eggs Benedict at the same tiny place, at least every Saturday when I'm in this area. Some version because one week they can be classic, next week they are doing them with salsa and cheddar, etc. I just never venture off them because they usually get them perfectly the way I like them.

If I'm not there, the usual order anyplace else is just a classic ham steak and eggs over easy with some form of toast.

If I'm out in Sonoma, there's a 99% chance I'm having Huevos Rancheros at the Schellville Grill, the other 1% would be because it's raining and the roads are flooded and I'm too chicken to drive the rental through it to get to the Grill.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: EK, Hilton, AA
Originally Posted by cordelli
If I'm out in Sonoma, there's a 99% chance I'm having Huevos Rancheros at the Schellville Grill, the other 1% would be because it's raining and the roads are flooded and I'm too chicken to drive the rental through it to get to the Grill.
Rental cars are made for exactly this situation, try things you would never try with your own car
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: UA MP, DL SkyMiles
If I am in the US:

- Generally oatmeal with several delicious toppings for weekdays
- Weekends - there is a bagel place near where I live. They make fresh bagels on the premises - one of their bagels - usually spinach or everything toasted with butter and house blend coffee they have there - yummm

I am in India:
South Indian delicacies like Idli or Medu Vada or Dosa or Utthappam.....

Yummm....
acg2 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 5:35 pm

A microwaved half-serving of plain oatmeal, topped with a tablespoon or so of wheat germ, plus about 1/4 cup of shredded wheat cereal, with low-fat buttermilk poured over all.

Sometimes I sprinkle cinnamon on top. Sometimes I add a small orange or, rarely, I add a can of kippered herring or a sliced tomato. It's usually just plain oatmeal with wheat and buttermilk, however. If I try to move away from the cereal/buttermilk choice, I begin to feel deprived.

Now, at a hotel buffet, it's a whole different matter. If they have grits or if they have biscuits and sausage gravy, and buttery scrambled eggs. . . .

And in Europe, I like cold cuts and cheese and a high-quality bread.

Breakfast is the best meal of the day, any of the above.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 6:11 pm

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
If I'm treating myself, or my OH when home on the weekends - it's home cooked eggs benedict. Goes down really well, and we get fresh eggs from a friend who runs her own small farm. Real fresh eggs makes a hell of a difference!

One of the best breakfasts I've had while in a resort/hotel - was at Rasa Ria in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia whilst on holiday. Amongst other things from the club restaurant, Nasi Goreng. Mmmm....

There's also something very local - and I would be incredibly surprised if any member has visited; some special noodles from one of two restaurants run by two brothers. The best I've ever had.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 6:16 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

My favorite breakfast is at a restaurant near my home.
Chorizo and eggs with sofrito and fried potatoes

My other favorite, is the French Toast made with Hawaiian sweet bread and a side of Portuguese sausages at the Mauna kea Beach Hotel on the Big Island of Hawaii.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
I love breakfast and have two mainstay favorites when eating out. The first and most common is over-easy eggs, crispy hash browns, and a biscuit with sausage gravy. If the gravy is lacking in sausage, then 2 or 3 sausage links or a patty to add to it.

The second is traditional eggs benedict.

I eat an egg-centric breakfast every day when possible. Never oatmeal, cereal, hotcakes, waffles, sweets or fruit for brekkie. Normally some combination of eggs, sausage, bacon, ham, kielbasa, spam-lite, corned beef hash, Canadian bacon, chorizo, machaca, potatoes, mushrooms, green onions, spinach, salsa, refried beans, corn or flour tortillas, toast, English muffin, biscuit, gravy, etc.

The Pacific Northwest especially Oregon blows the rest of the US away when it comes to breakfast in restaurants. At least 9 out of 10 joints there, no matter what their appearance, will have a varied menu and serve a well made, well presented breakfast plate - every time. Dunno why.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Favourite breakfast is probably traditional German: Freshly baked rolls, black bread, organic butter and local hams, cheese and leberwurst (liver sausage) A boiled free-range egg, natural yoghurt and Jacobs coffee.

Places where I've enjoyed brekkies:

Sofitel Hyland Shanghai (Nice quality and French and other European touches upstairs at the executive lounge with great city views)

Hotel Auszeit Dusseldorf (Huge assortment of German and European breakfast favourites in pleasant surroundings)

Kolon Hotel Gyeongju, Korea (Traditional, unhurried Korean breakfast in an Ondol room)

My family friends Bed & Breakfast haven in Cumbria, England (Full English and good tea in the midst of a perfect English landscape)

Last edited by mosburger; Apr 9, 2011 at 7:51 am
Old Apr 9, 2011, 7:34 am

Bacon
Scrambled Egg
Tinned Tomatoes
Sausage
Mushroom
Black Pudding
Toast

Oh, and a dollop of HP Sauce.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 9:05 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by braslvr
The Pacific Northwest especially Oregon blows the rest of the US away when it comes to breakfast in restaurants. At least 9 out of 10 joints there, no matter what their appearance, will have a varied menu and serve a well made, well presented breakfast plate - every time. Dunno why.
My former fave US restaurant breakfast was a big bagel-whitefish-etc. spread at Bread and Ink in Portland; however we've been to a new-ish local place here in Seattle a few times, and it has quickly taken over first place with a bullet.

http://toulousepetit.com/breakfast.html

Originally Posted by indianwells
Bacon
Scrambled Egg
Tinned Tomatoes
Sausage
Mushroom
Black Pudding
Toast

Oh, and a dollop of HP Sauce.
Ah, the great Arterial Blocking British Breakfast.

Years ago I came across a review in the Sunday Times of the greatest British Breakfast of them all, the "10 Deadly Sins" breakfast at Simpsons-in-the-Strand. Even better, the 10 DS + Pig's Nose. I kept the page from the magazine, and transcribed it some time ago (not otherwise available online.)

http://gardyloo.us/Rise%20and%20Swine.pdf
Old Apr 10, 2011, 10:54 pm

Programs: DL KM
When in San Francisco- Dotties True Blue- yum!

Here in Motown- The Fly Trap-best omelletes ever.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:59 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Here are some of my favorites depending on location or mood:

American Breakfast: Chicken Fried Steak w/gravy and crispy hashbrown and bacon, toast and butter on the side with strawberry jam; Chicken and Waffles; Steak and Egg.

Belgian Breakfast: Belgian Waffles with fruits and syrup, hot chocolate, chocolate dessert, tea.

French Breakfast: Croissant, Strawberry Jam, Fresh Fruit, Peppermint tea; Quiche; Various pastries.

Chinese/Hong Kong Breakfast: Variety Dim-sum (Fried or Steamed), porridge, and jasmine tea; BBQ selections; braised sweet pork feet; glutinous rice wrapped with some sort of leaf, the contents can include varieties of meats, mushrooms, 1000 year old egg, etc (I call it bak-cang).

Singaporean & Regional Breakfast: Kaya Toast, Soft-boiled egg, warm milk tea (teh tarik); Singaporean Chicken Rice; Bakut-teh; Malaysian Nasi Lemak; etc.

Japanese Breakfast: Rice, pickled selections, dashimaki tamago/tamago, selection of fried or poached fish, miso soup, hot green tea.

Austrian/German Breakfast: Schnitzels, fried eggs, potato croquettes, apple strudel, tea.

Korean Breakfast: Rice, various kimchi, various hot soups or stews, hot rice tea, Korean Murtabak (or folded pancake).

The Indonesian selection is quite plentiful so I'll try to remember as much as possible. But these are in their traditional names as finding english names can often be quite difficult.. (Descriptions will be given)

Indonesian Breakfast: Nasi Pecel (Rice with veggies in peanut sauce); Nasi Krawu (Rice with braised beef and innards, includes cooked beef dendeng (jerky), and coconut dendeng; Lontong Cap Go Meh (Derived from the Chinese specialty, eaten during Cap Go Meh Season); Nasi, Mie, Bihun Goreng (Fried Rice, Noodles, Rice/Glass Noodles); Nasi Bebek Goreng (Fried Duck Rice with lots of sambal); Chicken Porridge (area styles differ); Nasi Campur (Mixed rice, usually combination of several items put into 1 (area styles differ)); Nasi Rawon (Braised beef cubes in dark rich broth in rice, eaten with sambal and sprouts); Babi Guling (Balinese roasted pork, crispy skin, tender meat, served along with balinese sambal and spicy ground pork satay; etc.

My Indonesian selection tends to be plentiful because most if not all can be eaten all day and are usually preferred as breakfast. I wanted to include lots more, but then again, it'll be a pretty long list to cover..
acg2 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.