Wiki Posts
Search

Best Delta Crown Lounge at JFK Terminal 3

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2009, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Best Delta Crown Lounge at JFK Terminal 3

HI,

Will be flying DLfrom JFK to LAX in coach but i have the Platinum Amex card.

I can see that there are 4 lounges listed there in T 3 .

Business Elite Lounge Mezzanine near gate 26, near gate 11 and near gate 12.

The fourth one says Delta Crown Room near gate 6.

Please advise in which one is better out of the 4.

Thanks!!
Old Feb 18, 2009, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Check the hours as some don't open until the afternoon. I like the CRC near Gate 6 as it is quite large and has great views of the runways & taxiways (got to see Emirates's A380).

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp
Old Feb 18, 2009, 11:08 pm

Honestly they are all pretty much the same so pick which ever one is closest to your gate. Make sure you double check your departure gate as they tend to change at the last minute!
Old Feb 18, 2009, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply!

I checked already and they all will be open at the time when i will be there waiting for my flight.

Just no clue what difference among them.

Thanks
Old Feb 18, 2009, 11:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM/1MM
crown rooms jfk terminal 3

i think the one they call "south" is the best. large. plenty of seating. great views of runways. showers. 2nd best is the one near gate 12. kind of small. but great views. not a fan of the one near gate six. great views, but there's something weird about it. if you've got time, visit all 3 and see for yourself. they're really not that far apart. the one in terminal 2 is a hike.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 12:19 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by basecamp
the one in terminal 2 is a hike.
Unless of course, your flight leaves from a Terminal 2 gate

I agree that there is something 'weird' about the Gate 6 (upstairs) one - maybe it's the low ceilings but it always strikes me as a dark and dingy lounge. The one by Gate 12 though small and cozy can get very crowded in the evenings especially when there are flights leaving from the nearby Gates 12 and 14.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 9:44 am

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Rewards Gold; Amex Platinum
I prefer the T2 CRC/BE lounge as it is directly in front of the exit of the security checkpoint for elite/first/biz check in and is ample in size. They have upgraded the food in the evenings (not that's in too great though) with small wraps, salads, cheeses, etc. I like the lounge because of the 2 secluded glassed in rooms at either end of the place. They tend to be quiet and comfortable.

Good luck!
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:00 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by eba205
I prefer the T2 CRC/BE lounge as it is directly in front of the exit of the security checkpoint for elite/first/biz check in and is ample in size. They have upgraded the food in the evenings (not that's in too great though) with small wraps, salads, cheeses, etc. I like the lounge because of the 2 secluded glassed in rooms at either end of the place. They tend to be quiet and comfortable.

Good luck!
The same food in the T2 CRC lounge is also available in the other T3 CRCs.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Check the hours as some don't open until the afternoon. I like the CRC near Gate 6 as it is quite large and has great views of the runways & taxiways (got to see Emirates's A380).
I totally meant the Gate 11/12 not the Gate 6.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the answers!!

I will be departing from T3 but i guess i can use T2 to check in since i am SKy Team Elite. AM Gold right now. This should let me check in in the T2 correct?

I am not very familiar with JFK.

Thanks again
Old Feb 20, 2009, 2:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by laminar

I will be departing from T3 but i guess i can use T2 to check in since i am SKy Team Elite. AM Gold right now. This should let me check in in the T2 correct?

Thanks again
Yes, you can check in at T2 as a gold.

It is a short hike between T2 and T3 but easily doable once airside.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks again
You can check into T2 if you're a ST Elite HOWEVER please check the link below fo JFK-LAX flights.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...eaving-t4.html
Old Feb 20, 2009, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
You can check into T2 if you're a ST Elite HOWEVER please check the link below fo JFK-LAX flights.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...eaving-t4.html

Good to find out now! When i got my ticket it said T3, I guess i have to forget about the Business class checkin(SkyTeam Gold) and the access to the Delta lounge(Using Amex Plat) since there is no such thing in T4.

I habe a Priority Pass card for some lounge in T4 but i think it is located landside and my traveler companions won't be allowed unless they pay a fee.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 5:34 pm

Good to find out now! When i got my ticket it said T3, I guess i have to forget about the Business class checkin(SkyTeam Gold) and the access to the Delta lounge(Using Amex Plat) since there is no such thing in T4.

I habe a Priority Pass card for some lounge in T4 but i think it is located landside and my traveler companions won't be allowed unless they pay a fee.
Well if you check the link someone posted claiming they were able to speak with staff at JFK and was told there will be some kind of airside shuttle...
Old Feb 20, 2009, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Burj
Well if you check the link someone posted claiming they were able to speak with staff at JFK and was told there will be some kind of airside shuttle...
I am not connecting between terminals. Just one domestic non stop JFK to LAX. Not sure if i could check in at T2 and then take the air shuttle to T4. Don't you need to show your boarding pass with the right Gate and Gate?

Confused here!!

Thanks for any clarification

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.