Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta Reserve card from American Express.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:41 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by mrtcpa
I have DL Reserve Card and just received an offer for DL Plat. The offer states 25k bonus miles (5k that count as MQM) after the first purchase and an additional 10k bonus miles (5k that count as MQM) after spending $1,000. Then the offer states that you can earn up to 20k additional MQM with mileage boosts (assuming it refers to the spending thresholds quoted above). At the bottom of the offer it states that this is not valid for existing Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers.

Two questions. As a DL Reserve card holder I assume I am an existing Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmember. Does this mean that the entire offer is not valid or just the 35k bonus miles and 10k bonus MQMs are not available, but I will still be able to earn the 20k MQM mileage boosts?
I would apply, (NOT using the option that says if you are an existing Amex card member click here) and you should be fine (reward for filling details manually). After you get the card and use it, then add it to your Amex online profile. You should be good for 30k MQMs after 50k spend this year (5+5+10+10).
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: AA PLAT FPC PLAT
I could not find a better place to post but heres my question?

Can I have 2 reserve cards one for me and one for my wife, then after each of us get 30k MQM for the 60K spend. I would have my wife gift me the 30k MQMs to my account? Does this work?

Also can I have two reserve cards and get 60K MQM after spending 120K total?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by MLM JET
I could not find a better place to post but heres my question?

Can I have 2 reserve cards one for me and one for my wife, then after each of us get 30k MQM for the 60K spend. I would have my wife gift me the 30k MQMs to my account? Does this work?

Also can I have two reserve cards and get 60K MQM after spending 120K total?

Thanks in advance!
Any person (assuming they qualify) may have two Reserve cards: one consumer/personal version, on business version. Any time you reach $30K on spending on either card ($60K max per card), you get 15K MQMs. Therefore, spending $60K on both ($120K total) will yield 60K MQMs. Those MQMs may be kept by the card holder *or* assigned to any Delta member of your choice.

If your wife has one or more Reserve cards and hits the spending thresholds (the first one is at $30K, second at $60K), she may assign her MQMs to you. The one-time bonus MQMs you get for signing up for the card, however, are not assignable... only the threshold ones. If she has two Reserve cards, spends $60K on each, assigns all MQMs to you, and you have two Reserve cards, spend the same but keep your MQMs, you can get 120K MQMs/year this way. Want more? Get two Platinum cards (one consumer, one business), spend $50K on each of those ($100K total), and you'll snag another 40K MQMs, bringing yourself to 160K MQMs/year. Platinum card threshold MQMs, however, are not assignable, so your wife couldn't get them and give them to you like she could with the Reserve.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I know this has been said 1 million times, but it is just plain wrong that you can get MQMs for credit card spend. Miles/SkyPesos yes but not MQMs
Old Jan 26, 2012, 8:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I know this has been said 1 million times, but it is just plain wrong that you can get MQMs for credit card spend. Miles/SkyPesos yes but not MQMs
You get MQMs when you hit certain spend thresholds on the DL AmEx Plat and Reserve credit cards. For the Reserve card, these MQMs can be gifted to someone else.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Delta is a for-profit company and has chosen to align MQM (EQM) earning with activities that bolster their bottom line. A Delta customer who spends $20,000/year on airfare and doesn't use a Delta credit card might yield Delta $3,000 in profits, while a customer who spends $2,000/year on airfare but $60,000 on an Amex Reserve card might yield the same profits. Makes perfect sense that Delta wants to give both of them similar incentives - nothing wrong about it.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:42 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
It's one of the few truly distinctive features of this FF program (besides poor award ticket availability in LOW ). Is it really wrong, or is it unusual thus making you uncomfortable? Other airlines and CC companies seem to be going slowly in this direction, so perhaps the unusual part will cease to be an issue soon...
Old Jan 27, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
It's one of the few truly distinctive features of this FF program (besides poor award ticket availability in LOW ). Is it really wrong, or is it unusual thus making you uncomfortable? Other airlines and CC companies seem to be going slowly in this direction, so perhaps the unusual part will cease to be an issue soon...
An example is that SPG gives a few night and stay credits to those who have their credit card, in addition to more points based on spending.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:27 pm

Programs: slonvalmisaVY
Test, just a test

Hello. And Bye.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by slonvalmisa
Hello. And Bye.
Huh? Hello?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Originally Posted by mooper
Delta is a for-profit company and has chosen to align MQM (EQM) earning with activities that bolster their bottom line. A Delta customer who spends $20,000/year on airfare and doesn't use a Delta credit card might yield Delta $3,000 in profits, while a customer who spends $2,000/year on airfare but $60,000 on an Amex Reserve card might yield the same profits. Makes perfect sense that Delta wants to give both of them similar incentives - nothing wrong about it.
For sure. Hell, Chase, Citi and even C1 reward far less spend very handsomely!

Besides, Plastic Platinums and Promo Platinums like me don't fly very much so we don't garner as many total upgrades as Sentient Segmentists who barely make FO or GM lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.