Search

Delta Road Warrior Training/DO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2009, 7:12 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by atldlff
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED
Oh, gee gosh darn it shucks...

...and I so wanted to register for this event!
Originally Posted by bennos
I hope on that list somewhere is "Invite Deltalina".
You should know atldlff and I well enough by now that that was already discussed while we were still all together.

We are wa-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ay ahead of you.

Additionally, I would also like to invite Ms. I’m So Sorry! and Mr. Clean from the safety video as well...

Last edited by Canarsie; Jun 29, 2009 at 7:25 pm
Old Jun 29, 2009, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Additionally, I would also like to invite Ms. I’m So Sorry! and Mr. Clean from the safety video as well...
I'm amazed that Mr. Clean's tooth makes it through the TSA checkpoint.

BTW, there are some people here (I won't name names) who also hope you invite exit row girl.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 7:43 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
I'm amazed that Mr. Clean's tooth makes it through the TSA checkpoint.

BTW, there are some people here (I won't name names) who also hope you invite exit row girl.
I knew someone would bring that up...

...and please, no jokes about bringing things up.

To change the topic slightly, perhaps we should also invite “Even If You Are a Frequent Flier” Pilot?
Old Jun 29, 2009, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I knew someone would bring that up...

...and please, no jokes about bringing things up.

To change the topic slightly, perhaps we should also invite “Even If You Are a Frequent Flier” Pilot?
Let's invite the whole crew! Next time for the safety video re-enactment, we could do a live-version of the safety video
Old Jun 29, 2009, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're all just jealous...

Old Jun 29, 2009, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP

Rubbing it in...

Though Deltalina is wagging her right index finger in that photo, while in the video we determined that it should be done with her left index finger. Now I'm just confused.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL - Platinum, DL RW, UAL - Premier, Marriott Plat Elite, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat, Nat Car Exe Elite
A great time and Nutella to boot!

I enjoyed every minute of the weekend and thought the Delta employees and all of the FT'rs I met were great. AND I got my very own Nutella pack.
Now, if I could just find a way to use it!

I cannot wait for the next DO and I look forward to seeing everyone again!

Thanks to all and fly safe!
Old Jun 29, 2009, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
OK, after much cursing with Picasa I have uploaded two sets of photos:

1) Photos from the pool session using my camera with the underwater housing. Several of you asked me to take photos of yourselves. So I uploaded everything. Some shots have a blurry area, which would be drops of water on the housing. I had nothing dry to wipe it clean of water drops after being in the water while we were in the raft. Also the shots under the canopy are red because the flash chose not to come on and of course the canopy was red and that was effectively a light filter. The shots are somewhat downsized, and were touched up with Picasa. If anybody wants any of the untouched and full size originals, just let me know (Use PM - don't use my gmail e-mail as I hardly ever read that.)

http://picasaweb.google.com/df.hale/...MuGgYP46eStbg#

2) Photos of the US Bank sign near Delta.

http://picasaweb.google.com/df.hale/...Lj5ovfknvOQfw#

I will eventually whittle down my shots and post some selected shots somewhere. But in the meantime, these are probably the ones I have of the most interest as many of my other shots are duplicated (or mostly far surpassed) by what has already been posted.

I think the links are okay, but let me know if they are not.

As with the others, please let me know if somebody pictured wants the photo removed. Note that the photos require the Picasa key thing, so they are not generally available.

Thanks!
David H.

Last edited by DiverDave; Jun 29, 2009 at 8:34 pm
Old Jun 29, 2009, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by davakkar
So I had an epiphany about the d@#$ Nutella at the A Centerpoint DSC today: for breakfast, anyway - they have bagels! I think this was one of our key points - lack of bread to put it on... AND, after spending some time in Europe, that's when they eat the stuff most often, really. So that makes sense.
I posted earlier in the thread that one of my foodie/wine travel clients (who studied and lived in Italy) was thrilled about Nutella and I asked her what to eat it with and she said apples, bananas, and wafers/cookies, so that makes sense, since the SCs often have all of those items.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mersk862
Though Deltalina is wagging her right index finger in that photo, while in the video we determined that it should be done with her left index finger. Now I'm just confused.
She's ambidextrous. Don't you know all Delta employees are multi-talented multi-taskers?

Of course, some might say that the right hand (Delta) doesn't always know what the left hand (NW) is doing, but I wouldn't say that...

Old Jun 29, 2009, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium

She's actually my friend!!! Plus, I have flown with her too, AND I was the pax that recognized her on a flight that she talked about on CNN/Fox, etc during the big media play about the new safety video. Was she on your flight home?
Old Jun 29, 2009, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for posting the photo of me getting ready to jump into the pool DiverDave! I've already got it up as my new Facebook photo.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Was she on your flight home?
No, that was at the Sky magazine roll-out event in Chicago this spring. Delta flew her in for the event, and then they didn't even introduce her.

I don't think any of the non-Delta people present besides Mrs. Gargoyle and myself even knew who she was.

It was a botched marketing opportunity. But then, I think marketing is one of DL's weak points. They should hire a half dozen FT'ers to take over that department!
Old Jun 29, 2009, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold; PC Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by me4yankees
I posted earlier in the thread that one of my foodie/wine travel clients (who studied and lived in Italy) was thrilled about Nutella and I asked her what to eat it with and she said apples, bananas, and wafers/cookies, so that makes sense, since the SCs often have all of those items.
YES! One can literally put Nutella on anything! (Although, bread and fruit pairings would probably be best). ^

In Canada, Nutella on toast is pretty common (we even have Nutella-imitation products available in grocery stores).
Old Jun 29, 2009, 9:34 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
It's been a bit of a love fest here the last couple days, but I need to express my disappointment in Steven and (especially) Brian. After having this thread as a sticky at the top of the board for weeks, now it's just one of the many, and can slip down the list of topics. I don't understand how you two could do such a thing.

When my friends asked me what I was going to Atlanta for, I started calling it "Airline Nerd Summer Camp." Trademark 2009. I never did the summer camp thing as a kid, but these three days in ATL most certainly made up for it.

However many times I thanked Steven and Brian and the whole Delta crew, it wasn't enough, and so I must do it once more.

I think we need to go ahead and make a sticky with the 2010 RWT thread, and we could throw a couple suggestions in. My first one would be to see more operational things...can we shadow a gate agent during a MX delay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.