Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Road Warrior Training/DO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2009, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by me4yankees
PayPal?
Charges fees... what I did for Stephen was that I added him as an online bill payee on my BofA account and they sent him a check for the registration fee. I planned to the same for Joanne once I got her address....
Old Jul 4, 2009, 11:31 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Charges fees... what I did for Stephen was that I added him as an online bill payee on my BofA account and they sent him a check for the registration fee. I planned to the same for Joanne once I got her address....
I could do the same with my Wachovia account, too.

I guess PayPal charges fees after a certain number of transactions? I've never been charged a fee except when receiving a payment from someone who was international.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL - Platinum, DL RW, UAL - Premier, Marriott Plat Elite, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat, Nat Car Exe Elite
Southern = Hospitality

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
There is nothing wrong with it, it's just that an airline that is rebranding itself as the new "Global Airline" needs to shake it's (proud) Southern image, as the folksy charm does not always translate to other areas. I don't want to get into semantics, offend, or play the "Confederacy vs Yankee" thing, but to many, Southern = slow (as in not quick). Delta's image can be improved by focusing on all the diverse communities it serves while remaining proud of it's roots.

Luckily Deltalina doesn't have the "Southern Drawl", but there are some give-away words.
I personally like the southern accent and leanings. The phrase "southern hospitality" is well known and describes what I believe Delta brings to the picture. Fly AF or NWA (they are being "retrained") or especially United. Heck, the finger wave is nothing...at UAL they shake a fist at you!
I will never forget when I was flying UAL and I needed to get up to Rome NY, my plane was cancelled and I was trying to find a flight to any city in the area. I said to the gate agent "ma'am, I really need to be there this evening if possible" She stated "if you need to be there, take a train".

I will take Delta's southern charm any day!
Old Jul 4, 2009, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by gpscuba2000
I personally like the southern accent and leanings. The phrase "southern hospitality" is well known and describes what I believe Delta brings to the picture. Fly AF or NWA (they are being "retrained") or especially United. Heck, the finger wave is nothing...at UAL they shake a fist at you!
I will never forget when I was flying UAL and I needed to get up to Rome NY, my plane was cancelled and I was trying to find a flight to any city in the area. I said to the gate agent "ma'am, I really need to be there this evening if possible" She stated "if you need to be there, take a train".

I will take Delta's southern charm any day!
Great post! And I agree, I'd much rather have Southern hospitality!
Old Jul 4, 2009, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862
Y'all or "All y'all"? (Remember, this is an important distinction that was taught to us during RWT)
I wasn't at the RWT, but y'all or all y'all both work where I'm from (AVL) and currently live (TRI)! We understand both!
Old Jul 4, 2009, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by me4yankees
I wasn't at the RWT, but y'all or all y'all both work where I'm from (AVL) and currently live (TRI)! We understand both!
My colleagues in ATL have told me that "y'all" is singular and "all y'all" is plural. Is that not correct? I want to make sure I use proper English when I'm down there.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by tonypct
My colleagues in ATL have told me that "y'all" is singular and "all y'all" is plural. Is that not correct? I want to make sure I use proper English when I'm down there.
That's exactly what we were taught at the RWT portion of the DO.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 11:34 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by atldlff
Thanks Canarise for posting about Flyzabit and the T-shirts. She did this all on her own, and it would be great if everyone that got a shirt would chip in and help. They were a real hit with the Delta employees and I particularly appreciate the fact that she took the time to pass them out to all the employees and the fire station guys over the 3 days. They really enjoyed that immensely. No doubt she should head up "hospitality" for the next event!
First off, I appreciate the mention, and the thanks / compliments from fellow participants ("DO-des and DO-dettes"?), both at the DO and this thread, as well as from DL staff.

I volunteered to make them a week or so before, worried about what DL would say or think, and went ahead on the Monday of DO-week when I got a fairly positive nod. I got them Tuesday night. By that time, atldiff was zapped with fees from PayPal, and then had to tie up the final details AND deal with the CLEAR dinner situation. I intended to see that all participants who wanted one got one (only 1 decline) and the DL liaisons as well. That was the only list I kept -- who got one. Guessing sizes and count was fun, but came out pretty well in the end.

I've given cost details to atldiff in an email, along with a Paypal account / email and home address (NOT for public posting!). Final participants should get an email from him. You may also PM me, and I'll answer by PM or email if you note that. Again, due to the "unofficial" nature and late introduction of the shirts (so that finding a sponsor firm really wasn't likely), I was not going to obligate anyone, and am not pricing for profit -- just covering participant and DL staff shirt costs.

Several of you mentioned that you donated at the check-in desk. As I'm sure that atldiff and Canarsie ate a few extra costs themselves, you are good in my book. Again, this is voluntary.

Finally, I'm going to say that FlyinMom and Scoow did a tremendous job at Check-in, so I'll be happy to complement (and compliment) them at DO TOO (TWO? 2? II?).
Old Jul 5, 2009, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
When you die and go to heaven...

Originally Posted by flyzabit
I've given cost details to atldlff in an email, along with a Paypal account / email and home address (NOT for public posting!). Final participants should get an email from him.
Thanks flyzabit - email sent to everyone that attended.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 9:45 am

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by atldlff
Thanks flyzabit - email sent to everyone that attended.
Quick note: The amount mentioned in the email (a shorter version than my email to atldiff, since I am not known for writing short notes) essentially would cover you and 1 Delta employee (i.e., 2 t-shirts). For getting a photo screenprint transfer (or whatever), on a rush order, from scratch, with setup fee waived because it was camera ready, we got an extremely good deal.

Last edited by flyzabit; Jul 5, 2009 at 10:28 am
Old Jul 5, 2009, 4:11 pm

Programs: Delta SILVER Medallion; Alaska Mileage Plan; HiltonHHonors GOLD; Starwoods GOLD
Delta Road Warrior Training - Another Session Planned?

I hated to miss this opportunity to come to Atlanta and see the behind the scenes of Delta, and was wondering, will there be another Road Warrior Training in the near future? The one that just took place overlapped into vacation time and there was no possible way to get to Atlanta to participate. When I first read the post I thought this was way cool and so interesting!

Keep me posted!!

Jetguy727
Old Jul 5, 2009, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by jetguy727
I hated to miss this opportunity to come to Atlanta and see the behind the scenes of Delta, and was wondering, will there be another Road Warrior Training in the near future? The one that just took place overlapped into vacation time and there was no possible way to get to Atlanta to participate. When I first read the post I thought this was way cool and so interesting!

Keep me posted!!

Jetguy727

It sounds like atldlff and Canarsie are working on Round 2...I'm sure more details will be announced in the months to come.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 7:20 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I can confirm that every single Delta Air Lines employee to whom we spoke involving this event are very much interested in repeating this event and, to me, that is the most important factor to determine the possibility of this event happening again.

Yes, atldlff and I are already working feverishly on plans on how to make this event even better for next time, both by the few improvements that we found were necessary and by adding more to the agenda.

Of course, I cannot reveal details at this time, but if you only knew...

Please stay tuned...
Old Jul 5, 2009, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold; PC Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Canarsie

Please stay tuned...
Ooooh! The suspense!

Everyone can thank Brian for his hard work by taking a couple of minutes to help fulfill his goal of visiting Antarctica! ^

I'm glad to hear another event is in the works. To avoid having Brian and Steven incur out-of-pocket expenses again, I think it'd be fair if they asked for a small non-refundable deposit from registrants the next time around. @:-)
Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:33 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I can confirm that every single Delta Air Lines employee to whom we spoke involving this event are very much interested in repeating this event and, to me, that is the most important factor to determine the possibility of this event happening again.

Yes, atldlff and I are already working feverishly on plans on how to make this event even better for next time, both by the few improvements that we found were necessary and by adding more to the agenda.

Please stay tuned...
Add my name to the list as confirmed. Short of dying I will attend the next event!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.