Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta.com Bug Reporting: The Official Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:23 am
Original Poster

So it seems that separating bug reporting from bug tracking was the outcome of my question in this thread. so i've started the 2009 : Delta.com Bug Tracking thread. i've carried over ALL the bugs from last year to start it. Canarsie, if you could make it a sticky all would be quite happy.

i think i have about 5 to 10 pages of threads to go through to compile those reported so far.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 8:34 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaWebDev
So it seems that separating bug reporting from bug tracking was the outcome of my question in this thread. so i've started the 2009 : Delta.com Bug Tracking thread. i've carried over ALL the bugs from last year to start it. Canarsie, if you could make it a sticky all would be quite happy.

i think i have about 5 to 10 pages of threads to go through to compile those reported so far.
DeltaWebDev, when booking Weekend Web Fares straight from the deals and offers page, upgrade status is not shown on the flight selection page. I am logged in with my GM status showing on the top left corner. Choosing the same city pairs and dates from the main booking page shows upgrade status without issue.

Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 9:08 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
i am on a roll today...

I've noticed that when you have the quick-buy option for an itinerary (where you purchase the fare, then select the seats, etc), the payment method does not auto-select the preferred card. It selects the first card in the profile. Not a big nuisance but something to look into on a boring day

though i can't see to many of those around...
Old Feb 13, 2009, 3:21 pm

Ha.. me again... one more

When you do the monthly activity, the last line may show an incorrect date

URL
https://www.delta.com/monthlystmt/servlet/MonthlyStmt

The last line that reads
"Medallion Qualification Miles as of 13 Feb 2009"
should most likely be
"Medallion Qualification Miles as of MM/DD/YYYY" where MM/DD/YYYY is the last day of the statement's month

you can do a dateadd, month, 1 to the beginning of the statement motnh and then subtract one second - takes you at 23:59:59.990 of the last day of the previous (i.e. the current statement's) month, regardless of 30/31/23/29 day length :-D

i love sql

Last edited by goodandclassy; Feb 13, 2009 at 3:30 pm
Old Feb 13, 2009, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

part of my "things to do this weekend" was to track these threads down and update them.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 7:07 pm

as always, thank you for keepig an eye out
and actually responding
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:32 pm

Programs: SkyMiles (Amex :/ )
Hello

View seat, and seat selection graphics for the Embraer 145 are squashed
- http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9219/e145al8.jpg

Tested on FF 3.0.5 and IE6
Old Feb 13, 2009, 11:27 pm

On the mobile version of delta.com, when viewing recent account activity, the stats at the top of the page are messed up.

Mine reads:

SkyMiles Number:
Membership Level:
Medallion® Qualification Miles:
Total Available Miles:

Total Program Summary
Current SkyMiles Mileage Balance: xxxxxx
Total Available Miles: 28 Feb 2011
Million Miler Miles: 09 Feb 2009
SkyMiles Mileage Expiration: 740
No activity for the previous twelve months.
This is verbatim except that I've x'ed out my mileage balance. I am using a BlackBerry Bold, and I've had a bunch of activity for the previous twelve months (just got my GM renewal credentials in the mail and my last DL flight was less than a week ago). All these stats are shown correctly on the regular version of delta.com.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 2:33 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
My partner is Plat, and the past several times he's attempted to complete reservations online (both award and paid), he gets to the final step and gets an error message to the effect that the system couldn't complete the transaction, and to call in. This is after choosing seats, confirming payment, etc.

Of course, when he does that, even after explaining that he HAD to call in, he's always charged the fee (because he usually doesn't have time to wait on hold for the help desk suggested by the agent).

This has happened each of the past 3 times he's tried to make reservations online without exception.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL: MM PM
Wink

Originally Posted by gsupstate
My partner is Plat, and the past several times he's attempted to complete reservations online (both award and paid), he gets to the final step and gets an error message to the effect that the system couldn't complete the transaction, and to call in. This is after choosing seats, confirming payment, etc.

Of course, when he does that, even after explaining that he HAD to call in, he's always charged the fee (because he usually doesn't have time to wait on hold for the help desk suggested by the agent).

This has happened each of the past 3 times he's tried to make reservations online without exception.
This was happening to me, too. Then I discovered why - and it was my fault. My CC expiration date had passed, so when I got to that final purchase step, the transaction failed. Now that I've updated my CC in my profile, it's smooth sailing again.

Not saying that's what's going on with your partner's experience, but easy enough to check.

But it WOULD have been helpful if, when the transaction failed, delta.com had a more meaningful error besides "something somewhere didn't work." Something to the effect of "Hey, dummy. Your CC expiration date has passed. Fix it." would have been a lot more useful.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 5:45 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Originally Posted by maledictis
This was happening to me, too. Then I discovered why - and it was my fault. My CC expiration date had passed, so when I got to that final purchase step, the transaction failed. Now that I've updated my CC in my profile, it's smooth sailing again.

Not saying that's what's going on with your partner's experience, but easy enough to check.

But it WOULD have been helpful if, when the transaction failed, delta.com had a more meaningful error besides "something somewhere didn't work." Something to the effect of "Hey, dummy. Your CC expiration date has passed. Fix it." would have been a lot more useful.
Exactly. I'll pass the word. I have no idea if that was it, but....
Old Feb 14, 2009, 8:46 pm

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
Changing seat on leg 1 erased assignment on leg 2

Just had my nice 11A window seat in Y on DL1533 ATL-RDU Feb 17 blown away.

Also just had DL SMS and Cust Svc supervisor in SLC tell me it was my fault.

I'd selected 11A/11A both legs. My DEN-ATL redeye just got upgraded today. I changed the F seat I'd been auto-assigned to a different one. I did NOT change the ATL-RDU Y seat that didn't get upgraded.

Was online checking a few minutes ago, found it said "No seat assigned" for that flight. Called SMS, they told me "You erased your seat assignment when you changed your other seat". Agent totally clueless about my response "No, I did not erase my seat assignment - your website might have done it due to a bug, but I did not do it." Supervisor likewise couldn't do a thing.

Now I'm stuck in a middle. Short flight, not that big a deal. Though not what I want coming off a too-short-to-sleep redeye.

But horrible website usability. No reason why a seat that was assigned can be inadvertently erased entirely without some warning. It should be hard for a customer with an assigned seat to accidentally de-assign without a new assignment. And the site shouldn't accidentally do it. There definitely should be a "You are deleting your seat assignment and may be unable to preassign another seat - are you sure?" messagebox at minimum. Actually, I don't think you should be able to go from assigned to unassigned state at all via the consumer website, but if DL feels this is a necessary function, it certainly shouldn't happen without a warning.

Especially when the agents then blame the customer. That's a CS issue which I'll take up with the appropriate channels, but the accidental assigned-to-unassigned state change is a website bug. Wouldn't have happened on NW's superior website.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 8:58 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
DeltaWebDev, thanks again for your responsiveness. Not trying to be snarky here, but is this thread a place to address the award calendar problem? You metioned in the award calendar broken thread that you were working on an update. Can you update us here?
Old Feb 15, 2009, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by maledictis

I brought this up with my partner (for some reason, he just won't come to this site), and he said he updated new CC info a couple months back (maybe it didn't take?). Oh, well, thought I'd put this problem out here for whoever might be interested in looking into it.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 8:27 am
Original Poster

i have a good amount of writing i think i'll be doing between now and tuesday morning to update on a lot of different topics (the award calendar included). there is progress being made. i am hesitant to post all the details here though. i can state that the code being used for the calendar is the "same" for nwa.com and delta.com. the display of the results is different though, and it appears that there are a few things slightly different in the search process so we are looking at the difference. we have turned the calendar off as part of the default path.

the credit card expiration issue is strange because i thought those with expired dates on them wouldn't allow you past the passenger info page. i'll have to check that one again.

the list of bugs is updated now. i'm clicking back through pages now looking for other reported bugs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.