Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hyatt Plat
I am currently in a PM challenge. Does someone know how to find out the last date one can undertake flights to meet their challenge? When I check online, my "trial" PM status expires March 7th midnight. I checked with Delta @Twitter and they indicated that qualifying activity for the challenge would need to be completed by March 6th. Is this correct or did I get wrong information. Obviously, I have flights on March 7th so the answer matters to me.

Last edited by gmttr1; Feb 17, 2017 at 10:32 pm
Old Feb 17, 2017, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gmttr1
I am currently in a PM challenge. Does someone know how to find out the last date one can undertake flights to meet their challenge? When I check online, my "trial" PM status expires February 7th midnight. I checked with Delta @Twitter and they indicated that qualifying activity for the challenge would need to be completed by February 6th. Is this correct or did I get wrong information. Obviously, I have flights on February 7th so the answer matters to me.
How does a DL Diamond do a PM challenge?? Also, we are 10 days past Feb 7th.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by LBJ
How does a DL Diamond do a PM challenge?? Also, we are 10 days past Feb 7th.
Meant to say MARCH. Thanks for flagging the typo. Also updated my profile. Thanks. Look forward to the insight on the question.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 4:43 am

Just came across this thread. I submitted my match TWICE. First around 12/1/16... never got an email confirm or anything. So I contacted them via Twitter around 12/7 and they told me they had no record of my request. Submitted again same day b/c I had holiday flights 12/21 - 12/29. Still hear nothing. Missed getting credit for the outbound so I tweeted again on 12/28 hoping to get the return. I received an email AFTER we landed on 12/29 telling me I was effective on 12/30. Ugh.

So I had until 3/30 to get 18,750 miles to match my PM status. I was disappointed I missed out on 3400 MQMs from my holiday trip. However, I met my match requirement a week ago anyway.

I find I'm now chasing DM. Although DL is far superior to United, my Platinum status on United moved me to the front of the plane 80% of the time. On 16 segments, I have been upgraded to FC twice and always on short regional flights. I find I'm anywhere from 5th to 20th on the upgrade list after everyone has cleared. And the SKY boarding leaves a little to be desired too. But, I do like the C+ upgrades once I learned how to properly use them. Again, different than United.

Overall, I'm happy with my switch to Delta. 25k miles in as of February 15. Might make DM with my AMEX bonuses. If not, I will secure PM again for sure with some decent rollover MQMs.

Happy flying!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:57 am

Challenge status in My Skymiles

Applied Sunday to the challenge, tweeted @delta for an update yesterday, and was officially added to the program at midnight last night. Though I never got the T&Cs email mentioned in my acceptance notice.

It shows my current status as Gold Medallion from Feb 22 to May 22, but My SkyMiles doesn't reflect the challenge and only has updates my status toward silver.

Will this update to reflect the challenge in the coming days or am I on my own to track the 12,500 necessary to meet the challenge?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's normal. Once things sync up, look at MyDelta in the app and it should show your matched status at the top while the 2018 medallion status will show the status that you have already met the match requirements for.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 9:35 am

Thanks TomMM. One more... After meeting the match requirements, I'll have Gold until Jan 31 2018.

What are the qualifications needed to extend the status beyond then?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Is there a way to track the MQM's since being accepted into the challenge?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mtwall
Thanks TomMM. One more... After meeting the match requirements, I'll have Gold until Jan 31 2018.

What are the qualifications needed to extend the status beyond then?
The normal medallion qualifications come into play. Don't know them off the top of my head but you can see them on Delta's website.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:40 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, KL Gold
Talking

Originally Posted by apodo77
Is there a way to track the MQM's since being accepted into the challenge?
OMG. Looks like people need an app to do simple subtractions these days?

PM me your MQM at the time of being accepted and your current MQM and I will gladly bother my calculator on your behalf :shakehead:
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Delta Gold, HH ◊, SPG Gold
Applied 2/12 and nothing as yet, despite numerous calls and DM's. UA 1MM Gold match.

Flying TPAC this Sunday for ~13.5K miles, so would qualify immediately.

Any suggestions?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Delta Gold, HH ◊, SPG Gold
Update, after another DM got an email saying will be Gold as of midnight
Old Mar 17, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
I got my status match challenge from AA EXP to DL PM in about three weeks after a DM to twitter team. I flew today on KL from AMS to ATL, and my boarding pass had no mention what so ever about the PM/SkyTeam Elite Plus...is that the norm with these status match trials that the elite level doesn't print on the BP on other SkyTeam carriers, or was it just a bug? I'm not even 100% sure if KL operated/coded flights count into the challenge..?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Partner flights now count towards the status challenge. DL states that reciprocal partner benefits are limited (including lounge access) until you meet the match challenge requirements, so that may be why your status doesn't show.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...challenge.html
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

During my status match period, my BPs had my matched status printed on them. I did only fly only on DL and not any partners though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.