How to combine 2 Trips?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:25 am
Original Poster

How to combine 2 Trips?

I have 2 trips:
1) 3 tickets in first class
2) 2 tickets in main cabin

Delta site will only show the first one under My Trip as I am one of 3 passengers. The 2nd trip is on the same flight, but I could only get it to show if I enter the flight confirmation # on the search box. Is there a way to link the 2nd trip to the 1st online so all 5 passengers will show under My Trip? Thanks!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:32 am

My Trips will only automatically show your trips. You can add other peoples' trips by adding their reservation info.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Widgets
My Trips will only automatically show your trips. You can add other peoples' trips by adding their reservation info.
Can I do this online? The other 2 are my son and nephew. I booked and paid for the tickets. I have the confirmation to look up that trip but I want to see if I could link that to my reservation.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No way to combine tickets on separate PNR's onto a single one. Agent's can "link" the PNR's, but this is just a notation on them and the tickets are still on separate PNR's.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: none
Question is not clear. Is it ONE trip of five people, or TWO trips - one with three and the other with two passengers - who happen to be on the same flight?

Is OP concerned that somehow he will lose track of, or something else unfortunate, will happen if the trips are separate? With a better understanding of the concerns, we can come up with a more useful response.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
You can look up the other trip while logged in --see the top of the list on MY TRIPS where it says

UPCOMING TRIPS...Don't see your trip listed? USE TRIP FINDER
But as far as I know, no way to make it show up automatically unless you are one of the travelers, which I think is your question.

[added] I read OPs question to be "I have one trip with 5 people on two confirmation numbers..."
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:56 pm

I just want to say how good it is that OP is staying on top of both PNRs. At least he/she didn't buy this trip for the whole family on April 1, get a schedule change on April 6, then show up for original departure on June 1 after the new flight departed and freak out since he/she never checked the itinerary since April 1 or try online checkin. It's amazingly helpful to look at itineraries periodically.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Is there a reason DL won't combine two separate PNR into one? Assuming of course that passengers are the same for both PNR. Even AA will do this and both don't need to be AA PNRs.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Is there a reason DL won't combine two separate PNR into one? Assuming of course that passengers are the same for both PNR. Even AA will do this and both don't need to be AA PNRs.
I don't know why, but the current situation prevents Medallions from extending benefits like seat fee waivers and upgrades to general passengers. That can help with capturing more revenue. I can't imagine why an airline would pay to change its IT so that more fee waivers are more easily available if there isn't competitive pressure to do so.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: DL DM
If I am reading the original OP correctly. He has two PNR's. One with three people in first and one with two people in economy. You cannot have two different classes of service on one PNR, let along combine them.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Mr. Tickets hit it I believe... its because his PNR has 3 pax in first, and then there was another booking with 2 pax in economy. You can't have multiple passenger in different classes in the same ticket... everyone would have to be on the same class and fare basis in the ticket.

You could have first going out and coach back in the same ticket, but again as long as everyone is the same.

You won't be able to see other people's tickets in your trip list, so you'll have to manually enter their record and name to pull it up.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
You should call and link the reservations. If there is a flight change they will typically keep linked reservations together. It isn't perfect but it is better than nothing.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL PM
If you lookup a PNR on the mobile app, it DOES persist (unlike the website), which I find super useful for scenarios like this.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Widgets
I don't know why, but the current situation prevents Medallions from extending benefits like seat fee waivers and upgrades to general passengers. That can help with capturing more revenue. I can't imagine why an airline would pay to change its IT so that more fee waivers are more easily available if there isn't competitive pressure to do so.
I might not have been clear. I understand why they can't do it when the passengers don't match/aren't in same fare classes. It's a fact of how a reservation works. However they also won't combine two separate PNRs for the same passenger. ie A 1 passenger PNR on DL flying SAT-ATL RT with a separate AF reservation for same passenger flying ATL-JNB RT in between the out/inbound for SAT-ATL. AA in this case would simply add the AF PNR to the DL PNR and thus all flights would then appear on the DL PNR. Theyd still be separate tickets, but would be all combined under the 1 PNR this way DL would know if there was IRROP issues on the AF flights.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! Yes I have 2 PNRs, one with 3 people in first and 2nd with 2 people in econ. I just thought if I could have them both show up on the website without typing the the 2nd number every time, it would be easier to keep an eye on both. This is the first time I fly on Delta and just created the account this week.

I guess that's just not possible. Now I know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.