Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta - Baggage Waiver for Soft Sided Golf Bags

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Where can you get the Waiver Form/
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Decano
I am pretty sure they will just ask you to sign something when you check your bag.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:56 am

Last time I flew with my clubs, I had to sign the waiver outbound, but not on the return. The agent at bag drop will give it to you if they decide they want you to sign away liability.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Decano
The waiver [of liability] is the bag tag. You sign the back of it. If you're talking about a fee waiver, there isn't a particular fee waiver for golf bags separate from fee waivers for high-value customers.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:48 pm

Just flew with my sticks. The above posters are correct: The waiver is on the back of the luggage tag on the outbound flight. I did not have to sign one for the return flight.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Interesting. I have flown, on average, about once a year for 10 years with soft sided golf bag and have never signed anything.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by STVA
Just flew with my sticks. The above posters are correct: The waiver is on the back of the luggage tag on the outbound flight. I did not have to sign one for the return flight.
You should be asked to sign the limited release tag every time you check fragile items. If you don't sign the tag, then Delta would probably still compensate you for damage to golf clubs in a soft-sided bag. It's the agent's responsibility to ask you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.