Wiki Posts
Search

Who Can Contact Revenue Management?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Who Can Contact Revenue Management?

Long story short, was at the airport and tried to get the Medallion desk to call revenue management to open up space on a flight that had been zeroed out, but the agent said they didn't have any way to contact revenue management and that the gate agent would have to call to get space opened.

Question is, was the agent right?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:50 pm

I don't think revenue management is the right department for that request.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lawyertalk
Long story short, was at the airport and tried to get the Medallion desk to call revenue management to open up space on a flight that had been zeroed out, but the agent said they didn't have any way to contact revenue management and that the gate agent would have to call to get space opened.

Question is, was the agent right?
I don't think either has a way to contact them. Nor do I think there's a reason for them to need to be able. They can override in IRROPS, which is the only reason they would need to contact them. Anything else should've been handled before hand via reservations.

Can ask what exactly you were hoping for?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Ask them to contact the "Day of Departure Desk"
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:44 pm

Delta used to offer Guaranteed Y which went through supervisors based on inventory criteria. I dont think it is offered anymore.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SW A List, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum United 1K
Had some changes made to an itinerary that was affected by a schedule change. When it was approved, the DM agent came back apologizing for the wait (no need, I was asking for quite a bit) and explained that he had to get revenue management's okay for the change.

So clearly SOMEONE at the DM desk knows how to contact RM. Case of HUCA?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Isn't there usually a fairly good reason that a flight has been "zeroed out" - like there are no seats available on the flight? What is the action Revenue Management is expected to take?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Do you also call the White House and ask to speak to the President?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:09 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Do you also call the White House and ask to speak to the President?
That might be a little over the top.

Delta's head of RM might be the the equivalent to Sec'y of the Treasury.

Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by davetravels
That might be a little over the top.

Delta's head of RM might the the equivalent to Sec'y of the Treasury.

Delta One is all fueled up and waiting for Ed.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I don't think either has a way to contact them. Nor do I think there's a reason for them to need to be able. They can override in IRROPS, which is the only reason they would need to contact them. Anything else should've been handled before hand via reservations.

Can ask what exactly you were hoping for?
Basically, had IROPS on United. Delta had a flight that was also delayed (past the time of departure) and apparently oversold. The Delta flight actually had availability (per the gate agent), and United was willing to put me on Delta but couldn't see any availability.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott PE
So you needed to talk to RM on Delta (oversold flight) because of United IRROPS? Come on.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lawyertalk
Basically, had IROPS on United. Delta had a flight that was also delayed (past the time of departure) and apparently oversold. The Delta flight actually had availability (per the gate agent), and United was willing to put me on Delta but couldn't see any availability.
Your own fault for booking on UA. Can't see why DL would want to spend time on an override to help out a UA passenger when DL is having its own IRROPS.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:51 pm

RM only adjusts inventory for denied boarding protection and rebooking that isn't IROP-related. IROP rebooking, especially from a United IROP, isn't a function of RM. United has two options: long-sell the Delta flight or use a flight interruption manifest. If either don't work, you're usually out of luck.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Your own fault for booking on UA.

Originally Posted by kjnangre
Can't see why DL would want to spend time on an override to help out a UA passenger when DL is having its own IRROPS.
Perhaps because
1. DL (per the gate agent) had space on the plane
2. DL would have gotten paid for transporting OP
3. DL is a business
4. Revenue is good for businesses, spoiled inventory is not

If DL's flight was delayed and they're just sitting around at the gate, it's hard to blame OP for trying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.