FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Who Can Contact Revenue Management? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1798133-who-can-contact-revenue-management.html)

lawyertalk Oct 23, 2016 6:38 pm

Who Can Contact Revenue Management?

Long story short, was at the airport and tried to get the Medallion desk to call revenue management to open up space on a flight that had been zeroed out, but the agent said they didn't have any way to contact revenue management and that the gate agent would have to call to get space opened.

Question is, was the agent right?

emrdoc Oct 23, 2016 6:50 pm

I don't think revenue management is the right department for that request.

flyerCO Oct 23, 2016 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by lawyertalk (Post 27384451)
Long story short, was at the airport and tried to get the Medallion desk to call revenue management to open up space on a flight that had been zeroed out, but the agent said they didn't have any way to contact revenue management and that the gate agent would have to call to get space opened.

Question is, was the agent right?

I don't think either has a way to contact them. Nor do I think there's a reason for them to need to be able. They can override in IRROPS, which is the only reason they would need to contact them. Anything else should've been handled before hand via reservations.

Can ask what exactly you were hoping for?

javabytes Oct 23, 2016 7:39 pm

Ask them to contact the "Day of Departure Desk"

okamsrazor Oct 23, 2016 7:44 pm

Delta used to offer Guaranteed Y which went through supervisors based on inventory criteria. I dont think it is offered anymore.

gigglypug Oct 23, 2016 8:06 pm

Had some changes made to an itinerary that was affected by a schedule change. When it was approved, the DM agent came back apologizing for the wait (no need, I was asking for quite a bit) and explained that he had to get revenue management's okay for the change.

So clearly SOMEONE at the DM desk knows how to contact RM. Case of HUCA?

jimrpa Oct 23, 2016 8:32 pm

Isn't there usually a fairly good reason that a flight has been "zeroed out" - like there are no seats available on the flight? What is the action Revenue Management is expected to take?

DLATL777 Oct 23, 2016 8:55 pm

Do you also call the White House and ask to speak to the President?

davetravels Oct 23, 2016 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by DLATL777 (Post 27384798)
Do you also call the White House and ask to speak to the President?

That might be a little over the top.

Delta's head of RM might be the the equivalent to Sec'y of the Treasury.

;) :D ;)

flyerCO Oct 23, 2016 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 27384821)
That might be a little over the top.

Delta's head of RM might the the equivalent to Sec'y of the Treasury.

;) :D ;)

Delta One is all fueled up and waiting for Ed. :D

lawyertalk Oct 23, 2016 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 27384495)
I don't think either has a way to contact them. Nor do I think there's a reason for them to need to be able. They can override in IRROPS, which is the only reason they would need to contact them. Anything else should've been handled before hand via reservations.

Can ask what exactly you were hoping for?

Basically, had IROPS on United. Delta had a flight that was also delayed (past the time of departure) and apparently oversold. The Delta flight actually had availability (per the gate agent), and United was willing to put me on Delta but couldn't see any availability.

huskerchad Oct 23, 2016 9:39 pm

So you needed to talk to RM on Delta (oversold flight) because of United IRROPS? Come on.

Mountain Explorer Oct 23, 2016 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by lawyertalk (Post 27384876)
Basically, had IROPS on United. Delta had a flight that was also delayed (past the time of departure) and apparently oversold. The Delta flight actually had availability (per the gate agent), and United was willing to put me on Delta but couldn't see any availability.

Your own fault for booking on UA. Can't see why DL would want to spend time on an override to help out a UA passenger when DL is having its own IRROPS.

Widgets Oct 23, 2016 9:51 pm

RM only adjusts inventory for denied boarding protection and rebooking that isn't IROP-related. IROP rebooking, especially from a United IROP, isn't a function of RM. United has two options: long-sell the Delta flight or use a flight interruption manifest. If either don't work, you're usually out of luck.

javabytes Oct 23, 2016 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by kjnangre (Post 27384903)
Your own fault for booking on UA.

:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by kjnangre (Post 27384903)
Can't see why DL would want to spend time on an override to help out a UA passenger when DL is having its own IRROPS.

Perhaps because
1. DL (per the gate agent) had space on the plane
2. DL would have gotten paid for transporting OP
3. DL is a business
4. Revenue is good for businesses, spoiled inventory is not

If DL's flight was delayed and they're just sitting around at the gate, it's hard to blame OP for trying.