Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion Credentials (2016)?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: DL DM, WN A-List, AA Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Same here, received them yesterday. Now I'm just trying to figure out what to do with the brag tags. They're just too nice to throw away.

Last edited by Dennis88; Oct 28, 2016 at 7:33 am
Old Oct 27, 2016, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL DM
Hit DM on Oct 6. SkyClub card and DM credentials arrived on 10/21
Old Oct 28, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Originally Posted by SCMConsult
Hit DM on Oct 6. SkyClub card and DM credentials arrived on 10/21
What was your status this year?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 5:35 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by securesmaskfirst
I really wish I would have saved my silver medallion brag tags.
I just saw one of my old ones earlier in the week as part of unpacking from my move. I probably won't be able to find it now...
Old Oct 30, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by EditingFX
What was your status this year?
PM
Old Oct 30, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL DM MM Marriott Plat Hertz PC
Hit DM July 18 and DM tags with SC card arrived August 3. Hit 1 MM Sept 9, new DM tags with 1 MM on them arrived Sept 28. Chose the Tumi bag and it arrived Oct 11. Seems pretty consistent at least for me.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Gold; Hertz President circle
Current DM and received my credentials for PM and DM 4 -6 weeks after getting each status last year. For 2017, I hit PM back in May or June and will hit DM later this month. I haven't yet received the JWD or HOOU certificates, so I called the Skymiles number to ask when I should expect to receive them. The woman on the phone had no clue why I hadn't received them yet so she put me on hold to speak with her surpervisor. Her supervisor told her that the medallion year ends on Feb 1, 2017, so I will receive my credentials after that. That didn't seem right, so I pressed her a bit, but she stuck to her guns.

Is this a new policy or was this just a misinformed phone agent/supervisor combo?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 9:22 am

This is basically what I was told when I called w/ same question a few weeks back.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 9:32 am

Weird! I'm all out of JWD certificates, so that's basically what I'm looking to get (HOOU coupons are essentially useless since drinks in C+ are comped, though the coupons are nice to give to friends/family if they fly with me but not in C+).
Old Nov 3, 2016, 9:44 am

Update: the phone agent I just spoke with was on hold with Skymiles supervisor for about 12 minutes. He came back to say that the PM HOOU certificates will still be paper and sent after Feb 1 2017, but the DM HOOU will be digital and should appear in the app wallet within 48 hours of hitting status. JWD certs will still be paper and sent after Feb 1 2017.

I'm confused as ever!
Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by SFCav
but the DM HOOU will be digital and should appear in the app wallet within 48 hours of hitting status.
Nope. Nothing in my app's wallet.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFCav
Current DM and received my credentials for PM and DM 4 -6 weeks after getting each status last year. For 2017, I hit PM back in May or June and will hit DM later this month. I haven't yet received the JWD or HOOU certificates, so I called the Skymiles number to ask when I should expect to receive them. The woman on the phone had no clue why I hadn't received them yet so she put me on hold to speak with her surpervisor. Her supervisor told her that the medallion year ends on Feb 1, 2017, so I will receive my credentials after that. That didn't seem right, so I pressed her a bit, but she stuck to her guns.

Is this a new policy or was this just a misinformed phone agent/supervisor combo?
The agent was correct and this is the way it has always worked. If you are simply re-qualifying for existing status levels that you already hit last year, you will not get any new credentials, JWD, or HOOU coupons until the start of the new program year. Your existing credentials are already good through Jan 31, so there is no need to send you new ones until they see where you end up at the end of the year. You will only get one of set of HOOU coupons, not one each for Platinum and Diamond. The only thing that triggers immediately upon re-qualification for Plat/Diamond is access to choice benefits selections.

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 3, 2016 at 3:13 pm
Old Nov 3, 2016, 5:04 pm

Thank you LBJ, for that (finally) very clear summary.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 7:22 pm

Yes, thanks for that explanation!

I really just want to JWD certs so I can give them to people who go above and beyond in their service, which happens quite often with Delta. I'm disappointed that I won't get those again until Feb.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Another data point consistent with the apparent policy: I requalified for PM over a month ago, still no new HOOUs in the wallet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.