Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion Credentials (2016)?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:04 pm

Location: Minneapolis, formerly the shores of Lake Minnetonka
Programs: DL PM (and KM)
Originally Posted by inthecloud
Moving to digital coupons may cut down on paper and printing, but it also makes it harder to hand out all of your unused ones like candy. I can only imagine that they are pleased about this.

I guess you could still screenshot and send to friends, but nothing like hand picking people you like in the gatehouse
But now you have a built in excuse to get someone's phone number at the gate so you can send them a free drink coupon. Kills two birds with one stone, getting their number and building up brownie points.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:07 pm

DL Packets

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Hi All,

I was wondering if DL plans on sending out Medallion credentials with card, baggage tags, certs, etc. this year? There's always this talk about DL going digital, and I'm just wondering whether this is where DL is heading? Or, is DL sending out packets this year?

Anyone have any insight about this?
Today is 2/11/16 and I still do not have my packet. I have called and they said mine was mailed on 1/8/16. Today they said they would re-order, thinking that after a month and three days that might be a good idea.

I think they need a new supplier.

"Whatever it look like....it definitely ain't that." Former Florida Senator George Smathers
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
Just called and found out mine hasn't even been mailed yet.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, HH Dia
I hit GM right at 2 months ago and still haven't gotten anything. Silver took ~3 weeks when I first hit it (though apparently they don't send out welcome packets for silver anymore).

Anyone under a DM get their packet yet? I at least have the drink coupons, but how is everyone going to know how important I am without my bag tags?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Diamond
I hit GM late October and got my packet in about 4 weeks. Hit PM first week of December and nothing yet, but after reading through here I'm not surprised.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by WillSkiGT
I hit GM right at 2 months ago and still haven't gotten anything. Silver took ~3 weeks when I first hit it (though apparently they don't send out welcome packets for silver anymore).

Anyone under a DM get their packet yet? I at least have the drink coupons, but how is everyone going to know how important I am without my bag tags?
I called yesterday about when I will be getting my GM credentials. It took the rep a few minutes to find the relevant section on her computer. She read that as of beginning of December 2015 (12/7/15?) only PM and DM are getting credentials. GM no longer gets anything including no luggage tags. For GM, everything is only available digitally and in the wallet.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
2016 DM credentials came yesterday... is it just me or is the metal clanky tag getting thicker? That thing is seriously thick...
Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NewYorker545
I called yesterday about when I will be getting my GM credentials. It took the rep a few minutes to find the relevant section on her computer. She read that as of beginning of December 2015 (12/7/15?) only PM and DM are getting credentials. GM no longer gets anything including no luggage tags. For GM, everything is only available digitally and in the wallet.
I understand FOs not getting anything, but GMs are STE+, and therefore get lounge access. I can only imagine how a surly AF lounge dragon would react when you try to use a paper membership card for entry.

GMs are significant customers, with most spending $6K+ each year. The least Delta can do is send out a physical membership card.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by WWads
I understand FOs not getting anything, but GMs are STE+, and therefore get lounge access. I can only imagine how a surly AF lounge dragon would react when you try to use a paper membership card for entry.

GMs are significant customers, with most spending $6K+ each year. The least Delta can do is send out a physical membership card.
I sincerely don't think that Delta considers $6K+ a significant amount of money in the overall scheme of things. If it was one ticket, maybe, but not spread out over many tickets. I have said all along that they would do away with mailing out credentials eventually. It won't be long and PM and DM won't get anything either. They will fix the system so that credentials can be verified online. Upgrade certificates, credit vouchers and HOOU's prove they can do it. It only makes sense.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
I sincerely don't think that Delta considers $6K+ a significant amount of money in the overall scheme of things. If it was one ticket, maybe, but not spread out over many tickets. I have said all along that they would do away with mailing out credentials eventually. It won't be long and PM and DM won't get anything either. They will fix the system so that credentials can be verified online. Upgrade certificates, credit vouchers and HOOU's prove they can do it. It only makes sense.
But the problem is DL can't "fix" other airlines' systems or procedures.

When using partner lounges/check-in, it's often necessary to have a physical membership card to convince those staff that you are eligible for STE/STE+ benefits.

No, $6k isn't a lot, but it's surely enough to cover the <$2 it takes to print off a card and stick it in the mail.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:18 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NewYorker545
Can any other GMs confirm this? Anyone that has received a packet and can contradict?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:58 pm

I wonder if GMs getting denied access to SkyTeam lounges for not having a physical card is part of Delta's cost cutting plan. Delta has to pay its partners for lounge use after all. I wouldn't put it past them TBH.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: Delta PM, MM
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Can any other GMs confirm this? Anyone that has received a packet and can contradict?
I can confirm this. I'm traveling internationally on Friday, and haven't received anything. Just called and was told GM's no longer receive a card. We're supposed to go online on print it. Good luck getting the agents at the lounges, or guarding the elite plus lines, to accept it.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:31 am
Formerly known as scootr29

Nothing here....PM in 12/15
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:49 am

Agent I talked to yesterday said that my packet had been "processed" (whatever that means), and I should get it in a few weeks.

I honestly don't expect to see anything before April.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.