Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta and Virgin Atlantic Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat CK 4.0M+; Delta DM; Marriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist
I'm flying on a Virgin flight in Upper Class on a ticket issued by Delta (LAX - LHR to be specific). It appears that the Chaueffeur Service at LHR is not available to passengers on paid fares if they booked the DL code share? Has anyone had luck being able to get a Chaueffeur Service booked this way upon arriving at LHR?

thanks in advance!
Old Sep 25, 2016, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by introspection
I'm flying on a Virgin flight in Upper Class on a ticket issued by Delta (LAX - LHR to be specific). It appears that the Chaueffeur Service at LHR is not available to passengers on paid fares if they booked the DL code share? Has anyone had luck being able to get a Chaueffeur Service booked this way upon arriving at LHR?

thanks in advance!
Nope. As it is, VS only includes the car service on some of it's higher priced UC fares. Z fares (discount UC/D1) even when bought from VS directly don't come with one.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:09 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Mileage Upgrades from PE (W) to Upper Class?

I searched but didn't find anything about this. Is it possible to use Delta miles to upgrade on VS from Premium Economy to Upper Class?
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:37 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Nope.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: DL FO
For a DTW-(DL)-BOS-(VS)-LHR-(SU)-SVO itinerary -

Any experience with SC access at DTW for a similar itinerary?

And what about DL issuing BPs for the VS and SU segments?
Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Probably this has already been commented elsewhere, but it deserves a spot on the dedicated thread:

No More LHR Clubhouse Access for DM/PM not travelling in UC

Clubhouse Lounge Access: Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse lounge access is available at select locations to Delta One™ passengers, Upper Class passengers, and Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members with a same-day nonstop transatlantic flight between North America and the U.K. that is operated by Delta or Virgin Atlantic. Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members may access Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses in London-Gatwick, New York-JFK, Newark, Washington-Dulles, Boston, Los Angeles and San Francisco Airports. Gold Medallion Members may only access Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses within the U.S. (New York-JFK, Newark, Washington-Dulles, Boston, Los Angeles and San Francisco Airports). Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members are allowed to bring one guest. While access to the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse in London-Heathrow is not available to Diamond, Platinum, or Gold Medallion Members, these Members may enjoy access to No1 Lounges, Heathrow at LHR’s Terminal 3. Please travel with and be prepared to show proof of your Medallion status to the Virgin Atlantic representative to receive these benefits.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by thesaints
Probably this has already been commented elsewhere, but it deserves a spot on the dedicated thread:

Any word on if this is a permanent change, or just a temporary change while Delta relocates to T3?
Old Oct 7, 2016, 4:53 pm

Permanent, at least until either the Clubhouses expands considerably, or DL flights are decimated.
The supposed convenience for passengers of having grouping all DL/VS flights in T3 has only resulted in Elite+ losing two good lounges in exchange of a worse one.
A clear enhancement!
Old Oct 7, 2016, 5:20 pm

Permanent, at least until either the Clubhouses expands considerably, or DL flights are decimated.
The supposed convenience for passengers of having grouping all DL/VS flights in T3 has only resulted in Elite+ losing two good lounges in exchange of a worse one.
A clear enhancement!
+1

It would be difficult to surpass the Clubhouse, let alone come close. The SkyTeam lounge is nice enough, but I'm surprised that the No. 1 Traveller's lounge isn't on par with that. What are your major bones to pick with it?

Footnote: I feel like they should at least let DMs in the Clubhouse. Surely there wouldn't be so many DMs not already in D1 as to overcrowd the club.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, MM

This sucks massively. I bought a VS fare over another one for this perk. Now I wished I hadn't.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by ruckzac

Footnote: I feel like they should at least let DMs in the Clubhouse. Surely there wouldn't be so many DMs not already in D1 as to overcrowd the club.
They have obviously done the maths and it's a lot more then people think it is.

It was one of the reasons why VS changed guests of AU/UC pax to being on the same flight as the host rather than just a VS flight the same day - there were a lot more guests in actuality than perception.

As to expanding the CH- there is very little room to expand. On V-flyer there are reports that the jacuzzi will be removed and the library will become an extension / annex of the brassiere.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 3:51 pm

Essentially, DL and VS have combined operations in a location where they don't have sufficient space for passenger services.
I imagine Revival will end up being crowded at times and No.1 has a one complimentary dish per person and you've gotta pay for "premium" drinks a-la-SkyClub.
To compound things, it is currently going through renovations.
It is substantially worse than either the CH or the SkyTeam lounge in T4.

Furthermore, a US passenger is much more likely to have a intra-european connection to/from T4. Arriving/departing from T3 is no advantage at all.
It is kind of the opposite excess than at JFK T4: there they integrated operations with an excess of space and one should almost be awarded miles for walking between the VS and some DL gates.
Here they don't have enough space to offer a lounge to UC/D1 and E+/AU, nor, it seems, granting all of them private channel access.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold
So I will be departing on a Delta flight operated by Virgin Atlantic in Upper Class. It is a Z fare ticket. I get it that there's no chauffeur service (luckily my hotel will provide that) but can I use their special security entrance and clubhouse access?
Old Oct 8, 2016, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Essentially, DL and VS have combined operations in a location where they don't have sufficient space for passenger services.
I imagine Revival will end up being crowded at times and No.1 has a one complimentary dish per person and you've gotta pay for "premium" drinks a-la-SkyClub.
To compound things, it is currently going through renovations.
It is substantially worse than either the CH or the SkyTeam lounge in T4.

Furthermore, a US passenger is much more likely to have a intra-european connection to/from T4. Arriving/departing from T3 is no advantage at all.
It is kind of the opposite excess than at JFK T4: there they integrated operations with an excess of space and one should almost be awarded miles for walking between the VS and some DL gates.
Here they don't have enough space to offer a lounge to UC/D1 and E+/AU, nor, it seems, granting all of them private channel access.
I don't get the connecting onward to other Europe destinations part. While some awards will do a routing through LHR, they all will require a double connection with AF/KLM/AZ. 1)who wants to do that, and 2)on revenue tickets DL isn't going to offer the double connection anyway, due to issues with JVS. Thus the number of people connecting through LHR onward to Europe is minimal.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 5:16 pm

Oftentimes, flying to LHR is substantially cheaper than either CDG, FCO, or AMS.
Special reduced fares are avalaible on intraeuropean tickets (mini, light), so that you can come out ahead by a substantial margin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.