Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and Starwood introduce Crossover Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta and Starwood introduce Crossover Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:55 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Good morning, Dwayne - looks like the link is bad.

Thank you,
David
This one is working at least right now:
http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1879
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:59 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Here is the direct link http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...r-rewards.html
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: DL FO
From the Crossover Rewards FAQ:

"If I am registered for Crossover Rewards, how many Starpoints do I earn for an eligible Delta flight?

If you are registered for Crossover Rewards, are an SPG Platinum or Gold elite member, and you book a Delta marketed and operated flight (excluding bookings made through online travel agencies such as priceline.com, expedia.com, travelocity.com, hotwire.com etc.), then in addition to the miles you already earn, you will also earn one Starpoint for every one US dollar or its foreign equivalent spent on Delta fares (excluding taxes and fees). Some fares such as specialty fares, often referred to as unpublished fares will receive 500 Starpoints for each segment instead of one Starpoint for every one US dollar.

All segments of the flight must be Delta marketed and operated to qualify. See the Crossover Rewards Terms and Conditions for complete details."

(emphasis mine)

I'm assuming flights booked through corporate TAs (not consolidator fares) will still earn full points?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:28 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BringBackTWA

"If I am registered for Crossover Rewards, how many Starpoints do I earn for an eligible Delta flight?

If you are registered for Crossover Rewards, are an SPG Platinum or Gold elite member, and you book a Delta marketed and operated flight (excluding bookings made through online travel agencies such as priceline.com, expedia.com, travelocity.com, hotwire.com etc.), then in addition to the miles you already earn, you will also earn one Starpoint for every one US dollar or its foreign equivalent spent on Delta fares (excluding taxes and fees). Some fares such as specialty fares, often referred to as unpublished fares will receive 500 Starpoints for each segment instead of one Starpoint for every one US dollar.

All segments of the flight must be Delta marketed and operated to qualify. See the Crossover Rewards Terms and Conditions for complete details."

(emphasis mine)

I'm assuming flights booked through corporate TAs (not consolidator fares) will still earn full points?
This is my question, as much of my travel is booked through my online corporate TA which (unfortunately) is a subsidiary of Expedia. Can you clarify if purchases like this will be eligible for Starpoints?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First
Originally Posted by DwayneSkyMiles
Dwayne, please tell DL IT that the redirect link doesn't work. When you go to: www.delta.com/crossoverrewards it changes the url to: https://www.delta.com/profile/spgLanding.action and says: "THAT PAGE ISN'T ON OUR RADAR"
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by dc2005b
Does that mean if your already elite, benefits will begin immediately after regsitration? Or only on flights/stays booked after the registration?
Or paid after registration? (Generally, flights are booked and paid in advance, most hotel stays paid in arrears.)

I'd expect that the physical benefits (e.g. late checkout) start immediately after registrations (no matter when booked), but pay-based benefits (Starpoints) apply if payment is made after registration. Though I'd prefer (and I think it makes more sense) if Starpoints were based on when the flights were flown. Otherwise, I have an incentive not to book in late February.

Originally Posted by BringBackTWA

If you are registered for Crossover Rewards, are an SPG Platinum or Gold elite member, and you book a Delta marketed and operated flight ... Some fares such as specialty fares, often referred to as unpublished fares will receive 500 Starpoints for each segment instead of one Starpoint for every one US dollar.
For most of my flights, I'd prefer 500 Starpoints per segment to one per dollar. (I just bought a 3-segment, $400 ticket, for instance.)
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Cool...so as a regular schlub with Starwood I now get late check-out, priority check-in, upgraded rooms, and free internet, correct?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I wonder how this works for people with joint SPG accounts (spouses)...is it only one DL number that can be tied to the SPG account?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 2MM, AA EXP
I've never been a member of a hotel program. I just signed up.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Cool...so as a regular schlub with Starwood I now get late check-out, priority check-in, upgraded rooms, and free internet, correct?
Yes, with a caveat on the "upgraded" rooms. DL DMs/PMs will be eligible for what SPG calls "Enhanced/Preferred" rooms, not true room upgrades. Enhanced/Preferred rooms are differentiated only by higher floors, corner locations, recent renovations, and/or good views. Furthermore, they do not include suites and are not offered at Aloft and Element properties. (This benefit is identical to what SPG Gold members receive.)
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:46 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Interesting that DL explizit excludes ANY bookings made through 3rd party booking sites, even for published fares. Hopefully not a sign for the future...
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: Marriot PP
Good to hear and thanks for sharing. As those two programs are the only ones I have elite status with, I am looking forward to enjoy the "double-dip" benefit.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:09 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by BER Flyer
Interesting that DL explizit excludes ANY bookings made through 3rd party booking sites, even for published fares. Hopefully not a sign for the future...
I believe this has more to do with the Starwood policy rather than Delta's. SPG members currently do not earn points on reservations booked through 3rd party sites such as expedia.com, priceline.com, hotels.com, etc., where payments are made directly to 3rd party sites....
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by lamont2718
Yes, with a caveat on the "upgraded" rooms. DL DMs/PMs will be eligible for what SPG calls "Enhanced/Preferred" rooms, not true room upgrades. Enhanced/Preferred rooms are differentiated only by higher floors, corner locations, recent renovations, and/or good views. Furthermore, they do not include suites and are not offered at Aloft and Element properties. (This benefit is identical to what SPG Gold members receive.)
I've lucked out before and gotten a real upgrade as SPG Gold. I had a suite (looks like Deluxe, not Junior) at Le Meridien Munich last Easter. May have been light on elites then and decided to be nice
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
That is good to know, although I believe your experience was probably more of an exception than the rule.

With crossover benefits beginning next month, I just think it is important for DMs and PMs to have the correct expectations about what kind of "upgrades" they are likely to receive at SPG, as well as what they technically will and will not be eligible for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.