Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is it just me or did some award levels recently change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it just me or did some award levels recently change?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:43 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
especially since it was not communicated
Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:13 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by ianturner
And are we really surprised by this?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH gold
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
And are we really surprised by this?
Don't worry, DL will be around in a few weeks after making changes retroactive to include tickets booked but not yet flown...

/sarc (hopefully)
Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: IHG-Spire, DL-Gold, MR-Platinum, HH-Gold, SPG-Gold, Hyatt-Diamond, BA-Silver
As per google cache, the same amount of increased miles were also there on Aug 25th. So may be you noticed it just now - http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a
Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ianturner
It baffles me why this change would not be communicated. You can't just keep changing the program for the worse and not tell anyone. Obviously someone will notice

Last edited by Winkdaddy; Sep 4, 2012 at 8:55 am
Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Just eat your Ham Sandwiches and shut up!

I knew it was time to go when I got 25,000 miles for a bad AVOD unit on a BE flight. Then a Robo "apology" letter and 10,000 for a 3 hr delay on the same flight.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Has anyone combed through it to see what levels were raised and all the details? Was it just Caribbean and Mexico?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
Has anyone combed through it to see what levels were raised and all the details? Was it just Caribbean and Mexico?
At a glance through the Y high-tier amounts, Europe is up, southern South America is up, South Africa is up, and Asia is up. A few seem to be slightly lower though.

I also notice that J high-tier is DOWN for almost all markets. Not sure who is buying those horrible award tickets anyway, but these changes could theoretically be good for a few people.

Most of the low-tier award pricing seems to be unchanged, both for Y and J, so it could have been worse!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Yep, went up and no message about it in the official channels

Dear official reps (I know Michelle_skymiles stepped down, but there are others here),

I have personally followed your recommendation here (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...endations.html) and I am registered to the official communication channels. Specifically, I followed this recommendation.

Would you be able to explain when those changes took place and how come there is no communication about it? We would appreciate your input, and/or update to the list of communication channels we should follow, in case the official update did not arrive in one of the channels specified.

Thank you,

DLroads

EDITED TO ADD: I just talked to the DM desk and they claim that they were informed that an email regarding the changes was sent to the clients mid-August. I searched all my August emails and could not find any documentation. Did anyone receive an email about those changes? (became valid on 9/1/2012?)

List of market changes (per DM desk)
US to...
Europe
Caribbean
Mexico,
South America
(The ones above in Y)
South East Asia (Changes in BE rates)

Last edited by DLroads; Sep 4, 2012 at 10:36 am
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:20 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Okay, I'll be the first one to say it . . . .

Is there anyone in this forum who DOESN'T think that this is "testing the waters" for further award mileage "enhancements"?!?!

Originally Posted by dcline414
Most of the low-tier award pricing seems to be unchanged, both for Y and J, so it could have been worse!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Where are the DL apologists?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, IHG Diamond, Omni Platinum
Originally Posted by dcline414
At a glance through the Y high-tier amounts, Europe is up, southern South America is up, South Africa is up, and Asia is up. A few seem to be slightly lower though.

I also notice that J high-tier is DOWN for almost all markets. Not sure who is buying those horrible award tickets anyway, but these changes could theoretically be good for a few people.

I just checked NYC to Europe and it's still 60,000 at the low level. Routes checked:

11/7-11/13 JFK to FRA - 60,000 in couch.

11/6-11/13 JFK to FRA - 100,000 in business.

No change

I'll reserve judgment 'til I see specific examples of actual changes.

Last edited by drod; Sep 4, 2012 at 11:37 am
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by drod
I just checked NYC to Europe and it's still 60,000 on the low level. Routes checked:

11/7-11/13 JFK to FRA - 60,000 in couch.

11/6-11/13 JFK to FRA - 100,000 in business.

No change

I'll reserve judgment 'til I see specific examples of actual changes.
Low didn't change, it's medium that's been reported to go up. The old chart has been posted up-thread (albeit not terribly well-formatted), making it pretty clear that there are changes outside of the low band.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:52 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Medium/High redemptions in Y have gone up by 2.5k miles one way. So a medium econ fare US-Europe would be 95k miles now. It used to be 90k miles.

The Southeast Asia in BE was REDUCED on the high level redemption, from 185k one way down to 175k one way.

At first glance, it seems that all low level redemptions are unchanged.

As posted earlier:
Old Award Chart
New Chart
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:06 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

The changes in the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles award redemption charts are highlighted here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.