Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

25,000 SkyMiles for $500 in SkyMall Purchases - ROUND 2 on the way SOON!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25,000 SkyMiles for $500 in SkyMall Purchases - ROUND 2 on the way SOON!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:03 pm
Suspended

If i purchase tires from sears.com can i do store pickup if the store has them in stock? Its not a coupon code its just an option?

I am guessing its $500 before taxes but things like installation costs or add ons are fine?

thanks! i need new tires and would love to take advantage of this promo when it comes available im in no rush just before winter really starts

Last edited by SkiUtah; Nov 17, 2011 at 5:31 pm
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SkyMallSpokesperson
In regards to loading up on the same product, we may have found a solution and it is great news! We are working to add enhancements to the website that will allow us to feature several popular items at a higher price point to help satisify the threshold established to earn the miles. We are working with the suppliers of those products to ensure the following:
I'll admit, I stayed 100% away from this the first time around, but had been contemplating joining in this time. I am really completely oblivious to the nuances of this promotion. That said, how is raising the price of any particular item a good thing for users of this promotion?
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by jjglaze77
I'll admit, I stayed 100% away from this the first time around, but had been contemplating joining in this time. I am really completely oblivious to the nuances of this promotion. That said, how is raising the price of any particular item a good thing for users of this promotion?
I'm guessing it's for certain items that are $499.99 or even $489.99. Skymall might need permission to change an item from MSRP up to $500.00 to qualify for the promotion. I know Apple has strict policies enforcing MSRP (this is why Amazon won't show you prices on its website), and I assume Samsung followed suite for the Galaxy Tab (just a guess).

But it does seem a little strange the way it's worded as of now. I'm guessing they are referring to the Galaxy Tab 10.1 at $499.99. Personally since the resale of the Galaxy Tab is much lower than before I'm gonna stay away (although I think you could still net below 1.0 cpm with tabs). I'm thinking the Rebel T3 will be the item of choice, along with a price match.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
stayed far away the first time...might do it this time with something to resell.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:14 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by SkiUtah
If i purchase tires from sears.com can i do store pickup if the store has them in stock? Its not a coupon code its just an option?

I am guessing its $500 before taxes but things like installation costs or add ons are fine?

thanks! i need new tires and would love to take advantage of this promo when it comes available im in no rush just before winter really starts
SkyMall is not the same as Delta SkyMiles Shopping. SkyMall is the magazine in your seatback pocket which also sells through their own website, whereas Delta SkyMiles shopping is a portal that links you directly to other stores websites. In this promo, you are buying products directly from SkyMall who would ship them to you. So doing an in-store pickup does not apply, as you can't buy the items from other stores like Sears.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Though I'd otherwise get an iPad, I think I'll buy myself a Samsung galaxy tablet. Too bad skymall doesn't have laptops, as my was just burgled and I need a new one.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:20 pm

No updates on this this week?
Old Nov 24, 2011, 2:51 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by drbobguy
No updates on this this week?
I was wondering about this as well. I am guessing the promotion will run for 1 day on Cyber Monday?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 4:24 am

Any word on if this promo will run today or not?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 5:44 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Wink

Originally Posted by keirnna
Any word on if this promo will run today or not?
Looks like later this week:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-way-soon.html

I will up date the mail post and put it on my blog as soon as I get word from Aaron!^
Old Nov 28, 2011, 5:50 am

I wish they sold Apple products. I have no doubt that I could put 20+ iPad 2's to good use, but I have no love for android.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by keirnna
I wish they sold Apple products. I have no doubt that I could put 20+ iPad 2's to good use, but I have no love for android.
....yes but there are those who love ANDROID like me
Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
....yes but there are those who love ANDROID like me
Diversity, sell both please Skymall!
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:13 am

Nothing yet
Old Nov 29, 2011, 4:30 pm

Hmm, not sure when "early December" is but since we're expecting advance warning I would think we'd hear something soon.

I sure hope so as I need to meet a $500 minimum spend that I have nothing to spend on normally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.