Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM
I looked out the window at MSP last night and saw it at the next gate. Cool to see, but why can't it be ME!
Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Watched as the silver Porsche tailed our plane into the gate at MSP this evening...

But alas...not to take Mr DL717 & me (both Diamonds) down the C concourse to out next flight in 50 minutes... Agent was there with three names on his board and one young woman said "no" and ran down the concourse ahead of us. Who turns down a ride like that?? Oh well, maybe next time....sigh!
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:13 am
Used to be 'jwienner'

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Had the silver Porsche treatment this morning at JFK. Landed from ACK with a connection to LAX (paid, C fare, so begin speculating if this would of happened if I was on an X or T fare). Was lovely, zipped from T2 to T4.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Porsche from T5 to T6 @ LAX

I've had the Porsche Cayenne treatment before, a while back in ATL.

Last week was my first at LAX. Coming from SAN and connecting on my way to NRT (then SIN and DPS). Beautiful white Panamera with the Delta logo on the door. Wonderful driver (Frank). Definitely put me in a good mood for the rest of my trip! ^
Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:09 am

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Since I normally opt for connection times of 1hr. + I have not expected a ride. But, my connection in LA was originally 50 minutes. Ended up being much tighter. I got to enjoy a ride with Paulette who was a pleasure to chat with. Loved the look on the face of my seatmate who had been bragging about what a special customer he was to Delta as I was met in the jetway . Made a special experience even more special .
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:14 pm

Gate to Gate in Atlanta - Via Porsche

I was in F on a flight from TUS-ATL just the other day and stepped off the plane to see a guy in a suit holding up a sign with my name on it. I almost didn't notice him as I wasn't expecting someone like this to be standing there.

I identify myself and he says it is so good to see me and takes one of my bags. We go down the stairs OUTSIDE the jetway and down onto the tarmac. Next to the gate is a Porsche Cayenne (I believe that's the model - the SUV model) waiting to whisk me from the A gate to the B gate.

The first thing that pops in my mind is that I put something wrong in my bag. What do I have that's "wrong" to begin with? Nah, can't be that.

Second thought is, something happened to someone. Oh no.

Thankfully Kevin (the suited guy) says that they have started doing this for some of their best customers their appreciation. He took a couple of pictures of me standing next to the Porsche under the plane and then gave me a tour of the ramp underground. I was like a kid seeing Disney for the first time backstage - i've been here 1,000 times but never saw it from down HERE.

Anyway he gets me to my next gate and takes me up a back staircase that they use for "celebrities". He tells me that since he's Asian, Chris Rock was calling him "Jackie Chan" the whole car ride over yesterday. Since i'm not Chris Rock and very politically correct I called him Kevin.

I have not been enjoying Delta lately and this was a nice touch. I have even challenged the leadership that work for me in my organization to try and come up with something comparable for our customers.

Last edited by RSSrsvp; Sep 3, 2014 at 9:38 am Reason: merged into the existing thread on this subject
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
If only there was an extremely long thread about the Porsche pickup service that you could have found by searching...oh wait, there is...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...p-porsche.html

Glad you enjoyed it!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:48 pm

Now I see why I don't post a lot.

I did search "Porsche" first and didn't see that. Thank you for your kind assistance.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Sorry you received that response, RVBOOS. Glad you enjoyed the Porsche ride and it is nice to hear of the driver's attentiveness. It is a rare privilege that has eluded me!
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Sorry for the snarky response but figured someone who had been a member of this community since 2002 would have seen this discussion ongoing for a couple years now.

It is a wonderful service. I've gotten it twice (which living in ATL, I still think is fairly rare). Kevin is a great guy. He picked me up once and a young lady whose name I have long since forgotten picked me up the other time and drove me to my car in the parking deck.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: DL DM 3MM
Just curious, has anyone had a ride using delta connection flights? It seems to me that the posts that I read that got a ride are DL mainline flights. I have 169 MQS's this year so far, my MQD is over $21k and not once have I gotten a ride... Most of my flights are with regionals connecting through DTW or MSP... Last year I had 200 MQS's and > $20k spend. No ride last year either...
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rileydogmi
Just curious, has anyone had a ride using delta connection flights? It seems to me that the posts that I read that got a ride are DL mainline flights. I have 169 MQS's this year so far, my MQD is over $21k and not once have I gotten a ride... Most of my flights are with regionals connecting through DTW or MSP... Last year I had 200 MQS's and > $20k spend. No ride last year either...
I did @ LAX, between a DL connection (SAN-LAX) and DL international mainline (LAX-NRT). It did involve a change of terminal (5 to 6) and might be the ultimate reason.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by rileydogmi
If you have a lot of DL connection in MSP then you're most likely arriving in A/B and if you're connecting to DL Connection you're departing from A/B as well. Probably not worth a ride to take you from B2 - B13
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
On vacation a few weeks ago, my wife and I had about a 3 hour layover at JFK before our flight to Europe. Got off the plane to find my name on a sign and discovered the Porsche service was now there. The only problem was we both had roll-aboards and computer bags. The trek down the stairs, into the car and back up the stairs was much worse than simply walking to our next gate especially given my two artificial knees. Neither agent (both women) assisted with the luggage. In retrospect, we should have declined and will in the future.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:15 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vgb2001
I did @ LAX, between a DL connection (SAN-LAX) and DL international mainline (LAX-NRT). It did involve a change of terminal (5 to 6) and might be the ultimate reason.
I did a couple of times in MSP but only connecting to or from DL Connection (one was from D to A and the other was from B to F).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.