Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2014-2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2014-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by HGHUA
Chase sent me 3 before they gave up. Even the reps don't know what they have. lol.
I've kinda given up on calling them. I replied to my post on the AMEX forums; hopefully an AMEX employee sees it and figures out what happened.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by tmiw
AMEX sent me another non-contactless card. Sigh.
I also tried twice already - chip, no contactless both times

Will call them and complain, but I guess there is no way to get contactless for now...
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by dgcom
I also tried twice already - chip, no contactless both times

Will call them and complain, but I guess there is no way to get contactless for now...
There definitely is, a number of us have them.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Spoke too soon. Today I got the contactless card. (Yesterday was apparently the new BCE card + terms because I did a PC.)

Moral of the story: don't do two things at once.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 5:56 am

Amex rep I spoke with on Saturday did not even know what contactless is... I did not have time to wait for her discussing this with the manager and have to disconnect. Will call on Monday - I do not think CSRs working on weekends are as good as the ones you get during workweek.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dgcom
Amex rep I spoke with on Saturday did not even know what contactless is... I did not have time to wait for her discussing this with the manager and have to disconnect. Will call on Monday - I do not think CSRs working on weekends are as good as the ones you get during workweek.
Try the web chat; that seemed to get the best results for me.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:44 pm

SIM Card errors with iphone 5s and softcard

Anyone else out there having this problem? Please bear with this newbie question.

I got the softcard (ISIS then) in August and used without issue. Recently added some new cards to take advantage of the $20 Amazon promotion. Was unsuccessful in loading a Chase United Explorer card. Chase said it loaded, Softcard did not list it in the screen. Was gonna call customer service to figure out what went wrong when I started getting messages that my phone could not connect with the "micro SD card". Went to an ATT store who gave me a new sim card. Same error. Rep then opened the back of my incipio case, saw that the sim card was lose (micro, not the nano sim that the iphone has) popped it in and I was good to go I thought.

That was Thursday. Friday tried to use NFC at CVS, didn't realize they had been disabled and it didn't go through. Today (Sunday) I tried to open Softcard and I get the message "Isis cannot connect to your mico SD card." Tried opening the case but all parts seem well-secured.

Any ideas what the matter could be? Could it be because I never updated my operating system (still ios8)? Would updating help or not hurt but would make no difference in softcard utilization?

Thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Hmm AT&T says it no longer has Isis Wallet cases for iPhone 5 in my area.

But eBay has them.

Are they still supported?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by wco81

But eBay has them.

At the price they better be lol. ISIS' whole tie in to a supporting carrier and phone bit is silly. If they'd use host card emulation, I would use ISIS on my Nexus 5. Google Wallet isn't a good experience because of its proxy card model. Not good for returns and anything that might go wrong somehow
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tried out the contactless side of the AMEX at Home Depot today. Took a few seconds for the Ingenico terminal at the self checkout to realize there was a card and start lighting up the blue indicator lights on top, but once all four lit up it authorized within a second. Is it normal for it to take that long to recognize the card?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by wco81

But eBay has them.

My understanding is that you could use them as long as they are NEW. Used cases will be linked to a particular account and cannot be reset.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 5:40 pm

Tried out the contactless side of the AMEX at Home Depot today. Took a few seconds for the Ingenico terminal at the self checkout to realize there was a card and start lighting up the blue indicator lights on top, but once all four lit up it authorized within a second. Is it normal for it to take that long to recognize the card?
Could be that its never used before which has happened to me when I was the first to use it at Subway it took a few seconds to read my phone, but then worked. Also I thought self checkout was not working for contactless payments at the Home Depot? That is the 2nd thing I read about it working there, so it must being working with self checkout now.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by scibot
Could be that its never used before which has happened to me when I was the first to use it at Subway it took a few seconds to read my phone, but then worked. Also I thought self checkout was not working for contactless payments at the Home Depot? That is the 2nd thing I read about it working there, so it must being working with self checkout now.
Sounds like it, I saw a video demo of Apple Pay being used at the self-checkout today too.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scibot
According to my Google Wallet records it was working as recently as September 27th. I forget if it took a while to recognize the phone then as well.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:18 pm

According to my Google Wallet records it was working as recently as September 27th. I forget if it took a while to recognize the phone then as well.
On self-checkout? Last I checked, it wasn't an option on them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.