FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2014-2016)
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:44 pm
fafa123

SIM Card errors with iphone 5s and softcard

Anyone else out there having this problem? Please bear with this newbie question.

I got the softcard (ISIS then) in August and used without issue. Recently added some new cards to take advantage of the $20 Amazon promotion. Was unsuccessful in loading a Chase United Explorer card. Chase said it loaded, Softcard did not list it in the screen. Was gonna call customer service to figure out what went wrong when I started getting messages that my phone could not connect with the "micro SD card". Went to an ATT store who gave me a new sim card. Same error. Rep then opened the back of my incipio case, saw that the sim card was lose (micro, not the nano sim that the iphone has) popped it in and I was good to go I thought.

That was Thursday. Friday tried to use NFC at CVS, didn't realize they had been disabled and it didn't go through. Today (Sunday) I tried to open Softcard and I get the message "Isis cannot connect to your mico SD card." Tried opening the case but all parts seem well-secured.

Any ideas what the matter could be? Could it be because I never updated my operating system (still ios8)? Would updating help or not hurt but would make no difference in softcard utilization?

Thanks!