Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Stivelio
Since the card offers 0% Apr for first year will I get the bonus if I leave balance on the account or will I need to pay off the first 3K to get the bonus?
You will get the bonus even if you leave the balance in the account (as long as you are making payments of course). That's what I did, and just paid off the balance slowly. Side note: I was planning on just using the full year and then pay it off, but I ended up just closing all of my WF accounts early due to the recent scandal.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:27 pm

What a joke this card and WF are.

Get card, first statement closes 8/9 but I didn't meet min spend until statement closing 9/9.

So 90 days ends with 11/9 statement, no bonus. I call to check (knowing that their bonus takes awhile anyway), and rewards CS says they have no record of bonus on my accuont.

I argue.

They put me on hold, then say because I opened a card within 18 months and got that bonus I am not eligible for another. I ask where this is documented. He puts me on hold again, when he comes back says he can't find documentation but that's their policy.

Then I inform him that the card I got in March had no sign on bonus, so I should be eligible. He then gets very defensive, says I received a bonus and that was it. The card I had before was a 5% CB card with no sign on bonus.

Bunch of thieves, they are. Basically just making up ish as they go.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by cb11
What a joke this card and WF are.

Get card, first statement closes 8/9 but I didn't meet min spend until statement closing 9/9.

So 90 days ends with 11/9 statement, no bonus. I call to check (knowing that their bonus takes awhile anyway), and rewards CS says they have no record of bonus on my accuont.

I argue.

They put me on hold, then say because I opened a card within 18 months and got that bonus I am not eligible for another. I ask where this is documented. He puts me on hold again, when he comes back says he can't find documentation but that's their policy.

Then I inform him that the card I got in March had no sign on bonus, so I should be eligible. He then gets very defensive, says I received a bonus and that was it. The card I had before was a 5% CB card with no sign on bonus.

Bunch of thieves, they are. Basically just making up ish as they go.
Did you read the wiki?

"It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post."

4 months after 9/9/2016 is 1/9/2017. Check back after that date.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 10:11 am

Looks like there is no more link to the application?
Old Nov 19, 2016, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by michael_v
Did you read the wiki?

"It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post."

4 months after 9/9/2016 is 1/9/2017. Check back after that date.
Yes I read the wiki.

I called hoping for some clarity AND to confirm my enrollment for the bonus because it wasn't showing as pending on the WF Rewards page as they usually do for WF.

The rep eventually told me I was not enrolled and they had no record of it after a big run around.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by herx
It looks like they will not credit the bonus until the 3 month period ends, in Dec 2016 for me. I will post here if I get it.
I got the bonus. I spent ~$5 per month on the card during the 90 day wait. Now to re-read the goodies available with the card
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:36 am

Does anyone have more recent data points about whether MPX purchases still trigger the credit? I'm only asking because I read somewhere that MPX is no longer eligible for Amex airline fee credit, wanted to see if anyone noticed a similar change with this card.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 3:39 am

I understand the rules say you can't get the sign up bonus on this card twice through churning. However, what if you missed the minimum spend on the card and thus didnt receive a bonus, so you cancel the card. When you open this same card a second time, to meet the spending requirement, will you be able get the sign up bonus ?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by flyertm
I understand the rules say you can't get the sign up bonus on this card twice through churning. ...When you open this same card a second time, to meet the spending requirement, will you be able get the sign up bonus ?
I have applied for the card twice and received the bonus both times.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:11 pm

Amazon GC via UA

I am new to this and would greatly appreciate it if someone could help though this. I can purchase a$100 GC from https://giftcards.mileageplus.com that will qualify for a incidental charges?

Thank you in advance!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by applepies
I am new to this and would greatly appreciate it if someone could help though this. I can purchase a$100 GC from https://giftcards.mileageplus.com that will qualify for a incidental charges?

Thank you in advance!
It probably will no longer trigger the credit. Look at the current AMEX reimbursement thread for an idea of what should trigger it. Here's UA: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ua-only-3.html
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
$175 Annual fee hit, immediately I purchased AA gift Card. 4 days later airline credit, called to Cancel. I was told that $175 annual fee is waived and account closed.

I burned last points on a gift card at 1cpp. Also lost the annual relationship bonus, I am PMA checking so 50%, would have received at month 13, but not worth the $175.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by aarif1
Does anyone have more recent data points about whether MPX purchases still trigger the credit? I'm only asking because I read somewhere that MPX is no longer eligible for Amex airline fee credit, wanted to see if anyone noticed a similar change with this card.
The last data point I could find was from September. With the recent Amex changes to MPX I'm guessing this won't work anymore, but I decided to give it a try on a new Propel World card and bought a $25 Amazon GC through MPX. I'll report back here within a week with the results.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by jseling
The last data point I could find was from September. With the recent Amex changes to MPX I'm guessing this won't work anymore, but I decided to give it a try on a new Propel World card and bought a $25 Amazon GC through MPX. I'll report back here within a week with the results.
Well that was unexpected - it worked:
As a benefit of your American Express Propel World℠ Credit Card, you receive up to $100 in reimbursements for qualifying incidental airline charges per year.
You've earned an airline reimbursement based on your recent airline transaction(s):
Credit Amount $25.00
I also logged into my account and it shows that the $25 MPX purchase and the $25 airline credit have both posted.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by jseling
Well that was unexpected - it worked:
As a benefit of your American Express Propel World℠ Credit Card, you receive up to $100 in reimbursements for qualifying incidental airline charges per year.
You've earned an airline reimbursement based on your recent airline transaction(s):
Credit Amount $25.00
I also logged into my account and it shows that the $25 MPX purchase and the $25 airline credit have both posted.
And it makes sense. If Amex didn't want to reimburse for MPX purchases anymore, they wouldn't make MPX code their purchases differently. They would just take care of it on their end, which they probably did. Evidently, MPX still codes the same, hence WF has no problem reimbursing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.