Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Advise needed on credit card that offers high or truly no limit spending.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2012, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

I have a small business and do gross sales of about $15 million a year. I typically charge out around $400,000 a month and I am looking for a way to capture rewards (miles) on as much as possible. My current credit card has a limit of $40k and I can pay that off twice a month so I can earn 80,000 miles each month -- that is the most they allow. HOWEVER, I want to be able to earn 400,000 miles/points each month but I am having difficult finding a card that will let me do so.

Are there any other small business owners that have found a way to capture rewards on everything they spend. There has to be a way to work around this, but I haven't been finding it. Capital One says they offer unlimited miles, but unless I get a credit limit of $400k +, there is a limit on how much you can spend and earn in rewards each month. I have talked to their reps and they will only let you pay the monthly balance once each month...so if your credit limit is $50k, then you can only earn that many miles each month.

Any suggestions or ideas would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Jon
Old Aug 16, 2012, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Post your question in the AMEX forum, you would find a lot of folks in the same level or above as yours and get more appropriate advices there.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 1:57 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I'd like to answer a different question. You're in a position so many of us envy: you could maximize every spend-related bonus on every card without flinching.

For example, you could have top tier status in nearly every hotel program - Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc...

You'd be able to target all the spend-related bonuses in any airline program...

Maybe it's small potatoes but, if I had way more than enough spend to throw around, I'd grab every free perk I could get out of it.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I know I'm fortunate to get to take advantage of offers. That said, it does get to a point where it would be nice to have just one or two accounts going rather than chasing a lot of different bonuses. If I can find a card that I can charge out and get roughly 400k points a month...that is almost 5 million points in a year. I'd be happy with that and not worry about getting the highest reward level in hotel and airline programs.

Thanks for the advice about posting in Amex, I'll give that a try.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
Old Aug 16, 2012, 2:10 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

I have moved your thread from MilesBuzz! to Credit Card Programs. Please do not cross post in American Express Membership Rewards. I ahve also edited the title to more accurately reflect the problem, which is a substantial level of spending.

Many issuers offer unlimited rewards, but no issuer offers unlimited spending. American Express charge cards, all MasterCard World cards and all VISA Signature cards offer a "no preset spending limit" feature, but this does not mean unlimited spending.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I would look into the chase ink bold card. you might need to visit a chase and see what they can work with you on the charge card, then you will have UR points that can goto UA, Marriott, Hyatt and the like and can also be converted to cash, 400k per month is 4k in cash back via UR, not as good as the points in value but 48k a year is pretty good.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, MileagePlus Silver & Others.
As far as I can tell, you can pay Chase cards off once every 3 days. So in a given month, you'd be able to pay it off approximately 10 times. If your credit limit was 40k on the card, that would hit your goal of 400k+. Maybe a little annoying to have to do it in that fashion, but I think it'd work. It'd be even easier if you had multiple Chase cards.

Alternately, as far as I can tell, my Amex cards let me pay them off as much as I want. I haven't tested this to see if there is a limit to how many times a month this can be done, however.

Last edited by mia; Aug 16, 2012 at 2:18 pm Reason: Remove quotation from cross-posted thread.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: QF Silver
Not sure how it would fly, but I'd look at prepaying credit card charges. Just thinking that if you sent them say 250K in advance and your card had a 50K limit you should be able to charge 300K for the month. All the funds still flow through the CC & the CC company still charges the seller 2-3%. With US interest rates being so low it shouldn't be much of a hit compared to keeping the funds in the bank.

Last edited by Zarf4; Aug 16, 2012 at 2:19 pm Reason: Sorry, sort of the same answer as above - was typing at the same time
Old Aug 16, 2012, 4:53 pm

Get an Amex green or gold card with membership rewards. You can decide later if you want a Platinum or Centurion but at least you will have a long term relationship with Amex which is required if you want Centurion. Start our slow and do not do an immediate switch from what you are doing now unless you want to be pro active and let Amex give you a rectal exam.

Last edited by Centurion; Aug 16, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.