Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Please don't delete this Wiki.
Some of us still earn Delta miles with this card or may want information about past or grandfathered terms and conditions.

Please do not spread panic about miles not posting until after the 10th of each month.
In most cases, miles post in the evening on the 5th of each month if it's a business day, or else the evening of the next business day. "Miles post for purchases made between (inclusive) 5th day of prior month to 4th day of current month."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Current offer (as of March 2017) is for just 5,000 miles.
https://www.suntrust.com/personal-ba...les-debit-card

Most current 25,000 offer was in-branch only, through May 9, 2016:
INTRODUCING YOUR NEW EVERYDAY GETAWAY CARD: THE SKYMILES DEBIT CARD.
Ready for a one-of-a-kind debit card that actually rewards you? Here's one that deposits miles directly into your SkyMiles account. You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles with the SkyMiles World Debit Card from SunTrust. What's more, when you use your Card for everyday purchases, the miles add up quickly and they'll never expire.

Here's how it works:
Present this email at your nearest branch, or call 1-800-650-7277 and mention this offer.
Get 5,000 bonus miles when you open or upgrade to a new qualifying SunTrust Signature Advantage Checking account with a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card and make your first qualifying purchase. If you already have a Signature Advantage Checking account, ask to upgrade your debit card to a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card.
Get an additional 20,000 promotional bonus miles when you make 20 qualifying purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Continue to earn miles just for using your Card:
Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on everyday purchases like groceries, gas and restaurant purchases.1 (up to 4,000 per Card monthly)
Earn 2 miles per dollar on all direct Delta purchases including flights, Delta Sky Club passes, in-flight purchases of food and beverages and more.1
Apply your miles toward upgrades and Award Travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide2 on Delta and its partner airlines.
$75 Annual Fee (reduced fee may apply, ask for details).1
Hurry this incredible 25,000 bonus mile offer is only available until May 9, 2016.
VISIT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
    __________________________________________________ _____________

History of Recent Past Offers:

Changes as of 7/25/15 :
    Balanced Banking (no longer available): 95a/f, 1mile/$2 up to 2000 miles, $3000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Signature Advantage: $75a/f, 1mile/$1 up to 4000 miles, $25000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Solid Choice: $95a/f, 2m/$1 up to 2000 miles, $5000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee
    SunTrust has a list of items that aren't supposed to earn miles, but some do anyway: cash advances, cash back, ATM transactions, tax payments, payments for stored value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, money orders, cashier checks, quasi cash, travelers cheques, purchase of monetary instruments

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If SunTrust closed your account, it would be great if you could share a little info about the account history.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Print Wikipost

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2012, 11:12 am

Account opening method: online chat
    Opening deposit: $3K
    Date opened: 5/10

It looks like SunTrust does accept customers from states that do not have any physical branches. My account was verified today and my Delta Skymiles card and checks are in the mail. I plan to set-up DD through my employer and was told the 061000104 routing code is the appropriate one to use.

DCBob,
    I share your perspective. I think it's great that people take advantage of promos but I don't agree with customers who only go after bonuses and try all sorts of tactics to game the system. I'm guessing we're in a very small minority
    Old May 24, 2012, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by junglesmacks
    AH HA! Very, very nice find. That's what we need right there. I'm assuming that a PPD code is exactly the code that ST is looking for, and especially when you read the SEC's description of what PPD covers - "can represent a variety of products such as payroll, interest, dividends, etc."

That being said, I don't believe that PayPal defaults at all to a PPD transaction. I'm going through the guide that you posted and while I do see mention on page 17 of PPD transactions, I don't see how to actually create them.

We need to do more research on this. We're getting closer. +5 internet points for the find!

EDIT: It looks like you need to successfully register with PayPal Manager/Payflow for this, and then you may be able to successfully change the type of transaction: https://manager.paypal.com/

The cost isn't cheap. $249 setup fee and then $59.95/month after. Looks like we've hit a dead end unless you feel like paying that much. Intuit Payroll with a free 30 day trial and/or $20/month is a much better deal could be a solid workaround. I'm in process with them now.

Hopefully the routing number change can do something as well..

Does a payroll made from Intuit need to deduct the medicare or other taxes?
    Old May 24, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: many
    Originally Posted by mytf
    Does a payroll made from Intuit need to deduct the medicare or other taxes?
    no
    Old May 25, 2012, 8:37 am
    jk2

Direct deposit already posted on my checking account and I use my check card (PIN transaction) once. When should I expect miles?
    Old May 25, 2012, 9:21 am

Programs: UAL Premier Gold, HHonors Gold, B6 Mosaic
    Originally Posted by jk2
    Direct deposit already posted on my checking account and I use my check card (PIN transaction) once. When should I expect miles?
    6-8 weeks. Keep a copy of the Terms and Conditions on hand...
    Old May 25, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
    Originally Posted by gvol21
    6-8 weeks. Keep a copy of the Terms and Conditions on hand...
    The T&C also says "15,000 miles will be awarded after the first PIN Point of Sale or signature-based purchase made with the card." No mention of 6-8 weeks for the card use bonus but it's been a week since my first use and still no miles so I guess the word "after" is open to interpretation.

Last edited by brasov02; May 25, 2012 at 1:34 pm
    Old May 25, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: lots of little things
    Originally Posted by brasov02
    The T&C also says "15,000 miles will be awarded after the first PIN Point of Sale or signature-based purchase made with the card." No mention of 6-8 weeks for the card use bonus but it's been a week since my first use and still no miles so I guess the word "after" is open to interpretation.
    Yeah these types of bonuses generally take a little time to post. Usually not the full length in the T&C's (or lack thereof in this case) but give it a few weeks to a month and I imagine we'll see the bonuses start crediting.
    Old May 25, 2012, 7:23 pm

Regarding the Direct Deposit, why can't you just tell your HR dept to change your bank account, then after the first direct deposit payroll hits change it back to w/e bank you had previously? I mean sure it's prob a pain to switch it -- but isn't that HR's problem to deal with
    Old May 25, 2012, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by FlyHigh23
    Regarding the Direct Deposit, why can't you just tell your HR dept to change your bank account, then after the first direct deposit payroll hits change it back to w/e bank you had previously? I mean sure it's prob a pain to switch it -- but isn't that HR's problem to deal with
    Sure that is easy to do, but some people don't have Direct Deposit at work. Others are self employed and don't even have an HR department.
    Old May 26, 2012, 5:23 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
    Originally Posted by Stubtify
    Sure that is easy to do, but some people don't have Direct Deposit at work. Others are self employed and don't even have an HR department.
    And some companies have HR departments that make employees feel that they'd be better served if there was no HR department.
    Old May 26, 2012, 8:04 am
    wcj

+1. Ours is run by a woman who still balances the firms checkbooks by longhand. DD is unheard of and unfathomable because she wouldn't be able to use the typewriter.
    Old May 26, 2012, 8:51 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
    Originally Posted by PedroNY
    Pulling this language from their Terms and Conditions, does anyone OUTSIDE of these states have a successful application online or via chat or phone?

"The Delta SkyMiles Check Cards are issued by SunTrust Banks, Inc. and are available in AL, AR, FL, GA, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, WV, VA and Washington, D.C. Certain restrictions apply."

2009 and 2010 were just too much fun, and it would be a shame not to jump in for another 55,000 miles from SunTrust Bank.

Thank you,

PedroNY
    Anyone?
    Old May 26, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
    Originally Posted by UA Fan
    Anyone?
    My online chat apparently worked fine from my little corner of Oregon. Account all set up online and I've had and have used the check card for about a week now.
    Old May 26, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL
    Anyone?
    I might give a newbie a pass, but did you read the current page/any of the thread?
    Old May 26, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HH Gold, National Executive, Amex Plat
    Anyone?
    Yes, there have been several reports in the thread of folks applying, getting accounts, and using the check card outside of the specified states

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.