Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2012, 6:19 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by tjbrooks
Same as always. Also important to note that if you're not approved for the Signature, they could give you the other two, and their sign-up bonuses are much lower.
That's the risk. You can get the credit pull, get the inferior card, and not even realize you didn't get the card you actually wanted if you aren't real attentive to how the card is labeled. Then you start using spend that could have gone elsewhere, wonder what the problem is when your big bonus posts as a small bonus, and get mad when you find out.

I wish they wouldn't play that game. If I apply for card A, but they think I only qualify for card B, tell me so directly, so I can try for reconsideration on card A, or make a conscious decision whether to accept card B or not. Don't just congratulate me on qualifying for my new card and send me card B which I probably don't want. I have an AS card and am seriously considering trying for another one with this bonus offer, but am weighing that against other possibilities in my next app-o-rama for the above reasons.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 6:40 am
GGE

Programs: DL, US, AA, Marriott Silver, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by flymonthly
Yes, you can use the miles on AA or DL or a slew of foreign airlines like BA & AF, but you can't use more than one of their partners on the same award trip.

You can credit EQM & RDM to AS when you fly on some of their partners like AA, DL, or EK, but you can't also get mileage credit on the flown airline. So if you fly on AA, you can credit your miles to AA or to AS, but not both. In order to credit your miles to a different airline than the one you're flying, you specify in the reservation which airline the miles should be credited to (as long as it's one of their partners) and put in your ff # for that airline. The miles should be credited automatically after you fly, but it takes extra time -- on occasion, a very long time or you'll need to ask for the miles to be credited. Make sure to save your boarding passes from the flights in case you need to submit copies as proof of flying. Some fare classes may not receive any mileage credit or may receive more or less than 100% on partner airlines. On other partner airlines like CX or KE, you can only credit RDM to AS, no EQM.
Thank you very much for all the information! ^

I also noticed in the T&C that you cannot use the companion pass on an award trip (paid trip only)... but that's probably the norm.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: AA, BA, CO
Does anyone know which credit buro BofA pulls? Also ... Is alaska airlines same as us airways in terms of no one way flights on partner airlines? Thanks

Oh .. And how soon can you churn this card? 30k seems like not a big deal on it's own. At 60 (once churned) we can actually get somewhere.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Igor718
Does anyone know which credit buro BofA pulls? Also ... Is alaska airlines same as us airways in terms of no one way flights on partner airlines? Thanks

Oh .. And how soon can you churn this card? 30k seems like not a big deal on it's own. At 60 (once churned) we can actually get somewhere.
Credit pull for Oregon: Experian

No one-way partners *if* you are trying to stack stopover+open jaw. Not sure otherwise.

Been churning this card at 90-120 days for a couple of years. Worth the fee for me as I always use $99 companion ticket for F.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by RetiredRoadWarrior
Credit pull for Oregon: Experian

No one-way partners *if* you are trying to stack stopover+open jaw. Not sure otherwise.

Been churning this card at 90-120 days for a couple of years. Worth the fee for me as I always use $99 companion ticket for F.
Thanks for the very specific data points! ^
Old Apr 8, 2012, 7:10 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass Gold, OneWorld
35k Bonus

Now there is a 35k bonus available for this card, use this link to apply instead.
Thanks, View From The Wing.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA,CO,SPG
Does alaska allow miles to be transferred into another account like HA does?
Old Apr 8, 2012, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by kshahk
Now there is a 35k bonus available for this card, use this link to apply instead.
Thanks, View From The Wing.
Thanks, will add to OP.

Folks credit for the first offer goes to inY.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 8:18 pm

35k is definitely worthwhile, thanks for the thread.

I applied but got an application pending notice. Anyone know how likely approval is with a pending response from BOA?
Old Apr 8, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: Lotz
Come On 40 !

Few days ago went from 25 to 30 now to 35.

WHY didn't they just repeat the 40K promo to start with?

Hopefully someone's playing around with the url to find a 40K.

AS says the miles post in one to two weeks after approval. In fact last year they usually posted before people received their cards.

AS is nice to throw in the churns since there's no spend while the Virgin Atlantic requires $2500 and the Hawaiian requires $1000 spends.

Last edited by tassojunior; Apr 8, 2012 at 9:26 pm
Old Apr 8, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by tassojunior
Few days ago went from 25 to 30 now to 35.

WHY didn't they just repeat the 40K promo to start with?

Hopefully someone's playing around with the url to find a 40K.

AS says the miles post in one to two weeks after approval. In fact last year they usually posted before people received their cards.
noteworth to mention that the 40K offer showed up in my acct as a 'bay area bonus' even though I live in Oregon....so lets see if someone comes up with anything....
Old Apr 8, 2012, 9:38 pm

hmm apply now, or wait a bit? maybe it will hit 40K?
what do you guys think?
Old Apr 8, 2012, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CO
Since this car hits Experian .... How safe is it to apply for it if i just applied an got approved for chase united card 2 weeks ago? ...... Give it 60 days to be safe?
Old Apr 8, 2012, 10:39 pm

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Originally Posted by Igor718
Since this car hits Experian .... How safe is it to apply for it if i just applied an got approved for chase united card 2 weeks ago? ...... Give it 60 days to be safe?
I mean it could depend on your credit but rule of thumb tends to be wait 30 days between aps on the same bureau.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by srdshelly
That's the risk. You can get the credit pull, get the inferior card, and not even realize you didn't get the card you actually wanted if you aren't real attentive to how the card is labeled. Then you start using spend that could have gone elsewhere, wonder what the problem is when your big bonus posts as a small bonus, and get mad when you find out.

I wish they wouldn't play that game. If I apply for card A, but they think I only qualify for card B, tell me so directly, so I can try for reconsideration on card A, or make a conscious decision whether to accept card B or not. Don't just congratulate me on qualifying for my new card and send me card B which I probably don't want. I have an AS card and am seriously considering trying for another one with this bonus offer, but am weighing that against other possibilities in my next app-o-rama for the above reasons.
I've always applied for the Alaska card (or any other MBNA/BofA card) using the 800# and priority code listed. Once the app process is done, I get transferred over to the credit dept where I get approved with the CL needed (i.e. for Alaska always enough to get the signature and the max bonus), so there are no surprises when the card comes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.