Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays credit card verification and reconsideration?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Barclays Reconsideration phone numbers
866-408-4064 (from posts #28 and #51)

866-408-4065 (from post #2)

866-369-1283 (from post #7)
Print Wikipost

Barclays credit card verification and reconsideration?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: United, AA, Chase
I called in as I was "under review" for a US Airways card. The recon conversation basically asks what your income is and where it comes from. After that, they asked to look at my credit. The guy complimented me on never having a late payment but said that Barclay isn't willing to give me another Credit card (I have Arrival+ that I got 3 months ago). I offered to 2,000 of my $10k CL to open the card and he said that sounded good and I was approved. I will probably only use it once to get the miles and cancel at the end of the year.

Overall, it's basically like filling out the application online except you just say it to another person over the phone. It's worth calling in and it seems like you will very much get the card if you have CL that you are willing to transfer over. I really wanted to get this card before it got folded into AA awards.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:48 am

I called the reconsideration line to ask if you get declined for a business card whether they allow you to reallocate credit from a personal card in order to get approved for the business card. The rep said yes but in a roundabout way. Basically, the answer was yes, as long as the reason for the decline is that Barclays simply thinks that we have approved you for enough credit already. Anyone have personal experience with reallocating from a personal card to a business card?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I called in on a pending application and was denied due to too many recently opened accounts (she didn't specify a time period). My TU had no inquiries . Any point in calling again or am I permanently declined for this application?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: United, AA, Chase
Originally Posted by dukerau
I called in on a pending application and was denied due to too many recently opened accounts (she didn't specify a time period). My TU had no inquiries . Any point in calling again or am I permanently declined for this application?
If you have another Barclay's card, ask if you can transfer some CL over to the US Air card to open it up. Worked for me.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Can anyone give me the number again?

I called the number on the earlier post. It mentioned it was for AirTrans card.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:15 pm

Opened an Arrival+ card earlier in the week and got the "application under review" message when I tried for the US Airways card. Called 866-408-4064 and talked to a guy for a bit. Essentially redid the application and we split my credit between the Arrival+ card and the US Airways card. Woot woot!
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by trmptgeek02
Opened an Arrival+ card earlier in the week and got the "application under review" message when I tried for the US Airways card. Called 866-408-4064 and talked to a guy for a bit. Essentially redid the application and we split my credit between the Arrival+ card and the US Airways card. Woot woot!
Thanks! Followed your lead, called and did the same. Thanks!!!
Old Mar 9, 2015, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by MadMadso
Thanks! Followed your lead, called and did the same. Thanks!!!
Same thing just worked for me.

Thank you!
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:54 am

Reconsideration line worth a call

I recently received a denial for a US Air MC due to "too many recent applications" although no credit bureau report was used. A very helpful agent on the reconsideration line investigated and told me he saw no history to warrant this denial and after going over income and doing a hard pull (my FICO is over 800) he approved it and said I would receive the card in 5-7 days. Had I not seen the posts on this board, I would never have pursued it. Thanks to all!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Yesterday I applied for the Barclays Hawaiian Air Mastercard. My application was not instantly approved. I already hold the US Air and Arrival+ cards so no surprise. Arrival+ was opened 12/14.

Called 866-408-4064 today and connected directly to an analyst.

After some technical difficulties and placing me on hold to review my app, she came back and complimented me on my credit report and offered to move some of my credit line from the US card to open a new HA card. Not a problem, I've never charged more than $100 to the US card (I didn't know this off the top of my head, but she informed me of such)
Old Mar 13, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Applied for the US Air, was instantly approved. Applied for the Arrival Plus, was "pended." Called reconsideration line, was directly connected to an agent, who asked to "update their demographic information," asked a few basic questions.

Couldn't offer me any additional credit, but offered to reallocate the credit limit between my new US Air and the Arrival Plus. This is what I figured would happen, and since I don't expect to keep the US Air for very long, I asked them to move most of the credit line to the Arrival Plus.

The agent was very nice and helpful saying "we can split the credit limit however you want." Approved after the credit line reallocation.

After hanging up, I wondered if I could have asked for strange dollar amounts for the credit limits -- amounts not in $100 increments, for example. They did say "whatever I wanted," right?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 6:53 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
I'm glad that I got my first card with barclays a while ago and now I have 4 cards. I call recon and ask to split it from an existing card.

Wife got denied by barclays for 3rd time. They have never allowed her to get a card because of too many recent new accounts. We are not gonna stop applying just so that she can get a barclays cards. So barclays is dead to her. But I'm happily milking the arrival and travelocity card. I get good promotions on teh us air and lufthansa card periodically. Really sad that I can't get this for my wife.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: ALL <LOL>
USAIR card rules (probably other Barclays too)

Just called recon for my app being "subject to further review", talked to a very nice lady, here are some of the rules:

-Can NOT re-apply within 180 days or will get kicked for review. They will be glad to review your application. No credit inquiry happens if you get rejected for re-applying too soon, but if you call recon and ask them to reconsider they will ask you if it's ok to pull your credit and do a pull.

-If you close your account and try to apply to a new one (which is why I was rejected), they will kick it out automatically. She said generally 6 months is the rule for this.

I was declined unfortunately, she offered to re-open the existing product. I told her I didn't want to reopen it.

She also politely warned me that if you close and reopen accounts too many times with Barclay just to get the bonuses you can get flagged in their system.

She made it sound like the door was open for me to apply for a different product, just not the US Air one that I was declined for.

Unfortunately, this now means I'm going to have to pay a $150 reinstatement fee for my 34,000 USAir miles I let go dormant, I was hoping to get approved for a new card, which is one of the ways they allow you to get your miles back.

Back story: I have tried to use the miles so many times, but every time I go to book a flight they want 50,000 miles round trip for a domestic flight, which makes zero sense to me when I hear other people booking extravagant international flights for 100,000 miles with their US Air. I should have just put a few purchases a month on my now closed Barclay USAir card to keep it active, but I have cycled through so many other cards in the miles and points game that my poor little USAir card just got forgotten about, so now I gotta pay up to keep the miles, and HOPE and PRAY they become useful when it merges into American.

Anyone know any other ways to get miles back, besides buying a first class ticket or approved for a credit card?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: Braniff, TWA, Eastern, Midwest, AA Exec, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
Called 866-408-4064 today and connected directly to an analyst.
This worked for me today - thanks for posting the phone number.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by djrobsd
-Can NOT re-apply within 180 days or will get kicked for review.
Did they say within 180 days of what? Within 180 of a denied application or 180 days of any application?

I'm not doubting they told you this, but it goes against other reports here of approvals without review.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.