Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays credit card verification and reconsideration?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Barclays Reconsideration phone numbers
866-408-4064 (from posts #28 and #51)

866-408-4065 (from post #2)

866-369-1283 (from post #7)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Search the forum and did not find the information. I applied for US Airway Barclay card yesterday and got denied. It said that the information will be sent in the mail in the next 7-10 days, and I am wondering whether anyone has experience with Barclay? Is there a reconsideration line or similar so I could call in and find out why?

I have good credit score, and have a lot of citi, chase and amex credit cards, but this is the first Barclay card I am trying to get...

Thanks for all the help!
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
You can call 866-408-4065 to speak directly with a credit analyst. I've found Barclays (US) to be very good with reconsideration. good luck!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 3:50 am

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Thumbs down

They are the Worst I ever dealt with.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by IntFF
They are the Worst I ever dealt with.
YMMV. I like my $40,000 limit and 4% cashback from my Barclay's card.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
YMMV. I like my $40,000 limit and 4% cashback from my Barclay's card.
Which card is that Dr?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by precision80
Which card is that Dr?
priceline rewards visa. I think there is a new rewards structure, but I get 4% on priceline's opaque product and 3% on other PL purchases. $29 annual fee. Using ebates or similar affiliate services nets 6% cashback
Old May 14, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat; Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, BestW Plat
I just called Barclays reconsideration at 866-369-1283 and got approved. I had applied in-flight for the US Airways card and never heard anything from them. The rep that I spoke with said that there was a note in my account indicating that they had tried to call me regarding the application and to move credit from my existing Barclays account, but I never received the phone call.

In any case, I got it done, and I'm just putting the different telephone number out there. When I called the number upthread, it played a greeting for an AirTran card, I believe.
Old May 14, 2012, 6:24 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by badgerW
I just called Barclays reconsideration at 866-369-1283 and got approved. I had applied in-flight for the US Airways card and never heard anything from them. The rep that I spoke with said that there was a note in my account indicating that they had tried to call me regarding the application and to move credit from my existing Barclays account, but I never received the phone call.

In any case, I got it done, and I'm just putting the different telephone number out there. When I called the number upthread, it played a greeting for an AirTran card, I believe.
I like the way Barclay's is proactive. I recently applied for my third card with them, and I knew that the size of my credit limit on my current cards might be a problem, and I knew that I would be fine with a lower limit. Instead of getting a denial and having to call them, they called me and asked me if I was willing to move some credit from one card to the new one, and approved me when I said yes. Easy peasy! ^
Old May 22, 2012, 4:36 pm

Anyone got advice on talking to the Barclays reconsideration line? I got declined on the US Airways card during a churn this week, on the grounds that I'd applied for several other cards on the same day. Excellent credit, but this would be my first Barclays card.
Old May 22, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by palefire
Anyone got advice on talking to the Barclays reconsideration line? I got declined on the US Airways card during a churn this week, on the grounds that I'd applied for several other cards on the same day. Excellent credit, but this would be my first Barclays card.
They were very reasonable when I dealt with them... Maybe say that you're planning on moving, switching careers, switching airlines, etc and anticipate an entirely new spend pattern, so you applied for a few cards--as soon as your new x number of cards arrive, you're going to cancel all the existing ones. And as part of your new plan you anticipate spending $_____ per month on your US card. They might buy that...
Old May 23, 2012, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
They were very reasonable when I dealt with them... Maybe say that you're planning on moving, switching careers, switching airlines, etc and anticipate an entirely new spend pattern, so you applied for a few cards--as soon as your new x number of cards arrive, you're going to cancel all the existing ones. And as part of your new plan you anticipate spending $_____ per month on your US card. They might buy that...
Tried again, and it was a no-go based on number of inquiries --- pretty surprised, given that this one seems to be a churning staple, and I'm far from the most intense churner out there. *shrug*
Old May 24, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by palefire
How many other cards did you apply for on the same day?
Old May 25, 2012, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
How many other cards did you apply for on the same day?
Four (i.e., total of five). Chase BA, Citi TY, BoA Virgin Atlantic, BoH Hawaiian, and this one. FWIW, my first applications of 2012.
Old May 25, 2012, 6:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Barclays credit card reconsideration?

i also was declined by Barclays for US airway during my last application. Made three times call for reconsideration line and felt very bad bad about them.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 9:32 am

Also declined

I have great credit but was declined because I opened 2 Chase cards and the Starwood back in April. The representative said I had too many recent card openings and that they want 9 months to a year after so many recent card openings

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.