Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2013, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by dc333
No, they don't. Even if there's a disclaimer saying they will, in practice it hasn't happened, from firsthand experience. ^
Yea, I second that you can keep your 10K miles upon canceling.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by aglasgow
Can you tell if they gave you the 10k annual bonus with renewal as stated in the T&C's? I used one of these links and when I checked my "rewards" on my online account this benefit is not listed!
I hope so... will check with CS but I am not sure if I'll keep it past renewal.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by rmc1
I applied for first card from Barclays using 2nd link from post #2206.

After I submit I click OK to see if I get card and get the following:

Thanks to aglasglow I used this link to check: https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/japply/retrieve.do

and saw "US Airways Premier World MasterCard with a Revolving Credit Line of $12,000.00 "
Exact same experience today using the same link, except 3rd card. 1st was closed just over 1 year ago, 2nd card opened ~ 9 months ago and still open.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Datapoint - got the "Sorry for technical difficulties" page after applying. Used the online status checker and found that I was instantly approved.

Thanks FT.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 1:53 am

Clarification needed - do the 10k miles on renewal post before the fee is charged? I am not really sure if the fee justifies 10k miles bonus.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 5:29 am

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Clarification needed - do the 10k miles on renewal post before the fee is charged? I am not really sure if the fee justifies 10k miles bonus.
From the T&C's associated with that link "Anniversary Bonus Miles: Beginning with the first anniversary of Account opening and every anniversary thereafter, Cardmembers will be awarded 10,000 Anniversary Miles. Anniversary miles will be reflected on the billing statement following payment of your Annual Fee, if applicable."

Here's my argument in favor of paying the renewal fee for the 10K...
two renewal fees = $178 = 20k miles....with the 5K discount for award tickets for card holders that's enough miles for a round trip ticket anywhere in the continental US. Certainly worth more than $178!

Last edited by aglasgow; Apr 6, 2013 at 6:50 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 5, 2013, 10:46 am

Also applied using the 2nd link on Post #2206 last night. Got an error message after the application with a phone number to call (but the offices were closed). A couple of hours later I got the email approving me and directing me to set up an online account!

Neither the email nor my online account though confirm the 35,000 miles after first purchase so I sent a message to confirm this and waiting on that.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 3:49 pm

I know this card has become a little less churnable recently--anyone who has applied recently have three versions of this card open simultaneously?

I applied in April 2012 and Dec 2012. Am considering a third card (maybe not in this round, maybe in the summer?) but curious if I need to cancel the first card before applying for #3.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by dc333
No, they don't. Even if there's a disclaimer saying they will, in practice it hasn't happened, from firsthand experience. ^
Originally Posted by reaper99999
Yea, I second that you can keep your 10K miles upon canceling.
thx!
Old Apr 6, 2013, 8:33 pm

Here's an oddity from Barclays: As noted previously my wife and I were instantly approved on the same day via the same link for our second US Air cards. (Our firsts are still open).

My interest rate is 15.99%. Hers is 24.99% and includes the explanation that because her Trans Union score was only 694 she was offered "less favorable terms". We'll never pay an penny of interest nonetheless but it is proof that a mid level credit score can still have two Barclays US cards at the same time!
Old Apr 7, 2013, 1:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Denver Enzo
Here's an oddity from Barclays: As noted previously my wife and I were instantly approved on the same day via the same link for our second US Air cards. (Our firsts are still open).

My interest rate is 15.99%. Hers is 24.99% and includes the explanation that because her Trans Union score was only 694 she was offered "less favorable terms". We'll never pay an penny of interest nonetheless but it is proof that a mid level credit score can still have two Barclays US cards at the same time!
I think you got the "Premier World Mastercard" and your wife got the "Platinum" card. Not sure what other difference there is.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
I got rejected for this again. I originally applied a little over 30 days back during the whole fiasco where if you didn't have a DM number it would automatically reject you. That timed me out for 30 days. Unless I calculated wrong, my 30 days was up, so I applied again, using the third link from 2206. Got a quick rejection last night. Will try to call the reconsideration department on Monday.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 1:47 pm

How long does it take for the miles to post since there are no spending limits here?
Old Apr 7, 2013, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
How long does it take for the miles to post since there are no spending limits here?
Please search, this is a very common question, that is covered numerous times.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Denver Enzo

I have an absurdly high interest rate like that on my account, as well. I always pay in full so I never pay attention to interest rates - but it made me take notice because I don't think I've ever seen a rate that high. Made me want to check what the rates on my other cards are, out of curiosity.

While your wife might have received the lower level card, my interest rate is that high and I definitely have the premier world mastercard - so the type of card is not dispositive.

I just assumed I received such a high rate because I had to call recon to get the card approved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.