deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 11:19 am Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 11:19 am Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Apr 23, 2016, 1:53 pm

Have you tried m.copaair.com ? Not quite as user friendly, but works for me where my reservation will not show on the regular website.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 11:18 am Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Apr 24, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
This happens to me all the time. It's a technical issue of the type we Copa fans have learned to accept.

I flew American from MDE-DFW today, and while the flights themselves were great, they made a mess out of my baggage. Over an hour for bags to come out after landing resulted in only 2 of 4 making my connection.

Copa keeps ordering more 737-800s. I hope to see more grown in their N. American destinations.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 11:17 am Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Apr 25, 2016, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by KenInEscazu
This happens to me all the time. It's a technical issue of the type we Copa fans have learned to accept.
I got an upgrade notice at D-5 for my return flight to PTY yesterday. I immediately went to the website to select my seat in clase ejecutivo, and the dreaded red message appeared at the top saying my reserva was blocked (or whatever). All the options below were greyed out. There was no time change.

I was hoping it would go away. I just checked, and the red advisory is gone, but the option to select a seat is still greyed out. My general impression is that this happened a lot more frequently many years ago, but improved for a couple of years, but it's back to being almost expected. Irritating, but not a deal killer, as long as I'm still able to check-in at T-24 and get a desired seat.

Got the upgrade flying out of PTY, and that didn't bother anything, not sure why it happened for the return.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 9:53 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Very standard for me now to not be able to select a seat where upgraded. Also it often says that I am in economy still. With my 5A seat. I call them, they change it to 2A. Reservation will still say 5A. And all the way thru, even though it correctly has my 2A seat when I check in at T-24

Sometime I am unable to reserve my economy seat after bookin (greyed out option as others have). Some Copa CS say its been like that for a year
Old Apr 25, 2016, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA
Well, nevermind, sort of. I could select a seat on the mobile site. And now that I review the seat map, it's a E190, where previously it might have been a 73#.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Watch out for the seat map for the E190s on copaair.com. If it has no Clase Ejecutiva (E190 V2), it's correct. If it HAS Clase Ejecutiva (E190 V1), the map shows row 18 as the exit row, but it's actually row 17. I'm not sure about the few they have with four across Clase Ejecutiva, as I have always been seated up front on those rare occasions where that lovely configuration has been my flight. That four across thing never shows online, either. Surprise!

It didn't take me long to learn about this error as I sat cramped in behind the exit row in 18C or 18E. Seatguru has it right. IME, even the agents don't know this.

I'm sure they'll fix this someday. It has only been that way for the last 5 years that I am aware of.
Old May 3, 2016, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 11:17 am Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Oct 22, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: DL, AA, AV, AC
I'm having the exact same problem as the original poster. Website unable to retrieve my reservation after a schedule change. I also called Copa and they also said booking was fine. Tried to access it through the mobile site but didn't work either. Called them just now and requested to have my itinerary emailed to me. I gave them two different email addresses and so far I still haven't got any email. Check my trip is showing booking confirmed, that's the only reason I'm confident the booking is still ok.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Their whole site is messed up currently. My reservation still shows that I'm in row 5 for my flown flight and the return tomorrow. I have been upgraded on both. Same on the GFs account. There would be a 4-6 hour wait between "losing" your economy seat and getting the "you have been upgraded" email. And a lot of delays too for things like emails from their systems.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:51 pm

I'm a big fan of Copa, but this is really unacceptable. These problems have been going on for months. They are the kind that should be fixed in 24 hours. 48 hours max.

Many reservations are entirely unavailable on the site. Recently it stopped offering the "My Bookings" link when the searched reservation isn't found. Even when that worked, some reservations never made their way to the list while others did.

I just received an upgrade for the first segment of my trip for this coming Wednesday, but I can't select the seat because copaair.com can't find it. And yes, I am logged in.

Another major, unacceptable issue is that the payment feature often doesn't work online. We use password protected auto-fill software for payment info. While nothing is entirely secure anymore, it is much more secure than phoning in a card payment to Panama. Not to mention that their English customer service closes in the early evening, so paying for a ticket at night requires speaking Spanish.

I don't know how one who doesn't speak Spanish would buy a ticket at night when the payment function fails. A workaround that I've discovered to hold the reservation is to first book and hold the reservation before attempting to pay, but some may not have time for this. Not only should this be unnecessary, but even that isn't foolproof.

I had one reservation held recently, but when I went back to pay I got a message that it had expired. It had not. Wheen I tried to simply book it again the price had almost doubled. My email about this to the CEO received a reply with a promise to look into it, but he never did get back to me. He must be buried in problems, as he has always responded in previous (albeit rare) occasions where I've run out of options through conventional lines of communication.

Heads need to roll in their IT department. It's sad to have such frustrating problems with such an otherwise very good airline. I live in Latin America, and there is plenty of good talent available for technology in this part of the world. Let's hope CM management reads this and takes my advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.